Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It's been done before:

Lol thats crazy xD

Can you respect in this game?

Or is it like D1/2 once u click a talent ur stuck with it.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    PSN: Jtbrig7390
    Nintendo ID/Friend Code: Jtbrig7390 No FC at this time.
    XBL: Jtbrig7390 "Inactive at this time"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Can you respect in this game?

Or is it like D1/2 once u click a talent ur stuck with it.
    You sure can! Sometimes you even get refund points as a reward for doing quests
    Last edited by Dude From Denmark; 2013-02-16 at 11:41 PM.

Whats the deal with being a summoner and fighting piety? Her chain lightning pretty much kill all 10 of them in seconds.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It's been done before:
    Nice example of the depth available when it comes to builds.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Tuuuu Drengen View Post
    You sure can! Sometimes you even get refund points as a reward for doing quests
    Awesome first time leveling a toon so if I can't respect I was going to stop playing lol.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    PSN: Jtbrig7390
    Nintendo ID/Friend Code: Jtbrig7390 No FC at this time.
    XBL: Jtbrig7390 "Inactive at this time"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

God these f'ing 73+ Maps are MEAN good god like arg making me rage -.-

Awesome first time leveling a toon so if I can't respect I was going to stop playing lol.
    Have fun

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Whats the deal with being a summoner and fighting piety? Her chain lightning pretty much kill all 10 of them in seconds.
    On the first play through it can be a pain since it's you that's casting the spell to raise them up, but summon skele with increased minion life and the minion instability is great for bosses like that...you raise them up at her feet she takes a swipe and they explode in her face(though she can as you say flatten them outright)...used arc in conjunction and was taking out the mobs and the boss boost's that are laid on the floor, took a while though

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    On the first play through it can be a pain since it's you that's casting the spell to raise them up, but summon skele with increased minion life and the minion instability is great for bosses like that...you raise them up at her feet she takes a swipe and they explode in her face(though she can as you say flatten them outright)...used arc in conjunction and was taking out the mobs and the boss boost's that are laid on the floor, took a while though
    Worked. Felt cheesy : / Should be a more... idk. Less cheesy strat lol.
    Oh well. Tyvm
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

After a bit more tooling around with the skill tree, I managed to come up with another couple of variations on the Shield-Duelist based on Fencer's changes to my original, basically coming down to a split on the following:

A: 147% increased armor, 104% increased max energy shield, 50% elemental resist.

Shield Duelist A

B: 189% increased armor, 44% increased max energy shield, 40% elemental resist

Shield Duelist B

Any further tweaks/alterations would be interesting to see. At the moment I'm leaning way towards A, though I'm having to assume I'd be forced into B, as the extremely low intelligence will probably hinder the Energy Shield stacking as there won't be as much access to +ES gear as would be preferable.

Addendum: Came up with the following variation to make use of far more ES gear, with the points accessed, should only require 1~2 pieces of gear with +Int to use anything at all. It can probably be tweaked a lot more though.

Shield Duelist +Intellect

Last edited by Shinzai; 2013-02-17 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Addendum

Quote Originally Posted by Gerion View Post
    I'm not sure why the emphasis on twitch.tv viewership. It's meaningless. For PoE's case it's basically held up by two people. Nugiyen and Kripparian. It's not held up by multiple people like LoL, DotA 2 or SC2. I mean Kungen was playing PoE a while back and helped it out then. However, did his 4k~ viewers stay for PoE? Maybe some but the vast majority of his viewership left with him. When Kripp was playing WoW he took his entire viewership with him and PoE was nowhere near the top 10 in the evenings. People watch streaming for the streamer and not for the game. Hell people watch Kripp make spreadsheets.

Exactly some guy that left his cam on while he slept had 3000 people watch.
    You are lying! I never hit you! YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, LISA!

So I got this bow for free

I had to divine it 3 times to make it better then my bow haha

It took literally 2 jewelers for this to be 6 socket now the final step....

... Is to link them 5L <.<

Picked up Infernal Blow after starting an Freezing Pulse Templar and gave it to my Facebreaker Duelist, and holy cow has my damage gone up. I have it with Added Physical and Added Fire damage, my unbuffed DPS with it is ~738. Also running Hatred and Anger, which bumps it up to almost 900. He's at level 42, and farming/grind the Ledge for XP is a breeze. Really wish I picked up Infernal Blow earlier.

I was wondering if people that have done Acts on the harder modes wont be out-leveled when the new content comes for Act 3 and futher and will just be trolling through it all because of good gear and higher level?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuuuu Drengen View Post
    I was wondering if people that have done Acts on the harder modes wont be out-leveled when the new content comes for Act 3 and futher and will just be trolling through it all because of good gear and higher level?
    very probably...which is unfortunate.

Been facerolling on my frost witch, only boss i've had a problem with was mervil and her having frost resist.

Ice spear is bloody mental good fun if you can keep your distance, managed to get an +80% crit chance dagger with 35% more spell damage on it...brought the base crit to 15.3% and ice spears second form increases that by 600% so i am 90.8 chance to crit
    with lesser multiple projectiles i may loose 30% damage but having the projectile pierce in first form makes it crazy good for rare monsters that get up close...2 or 3 hits and they are gone because all 3 projectiles hit them.

now to get some crit damage multipliers...got 2 10% ones so far bringing it to 180% extra damage

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    very probably...which is unfortunate.
    ...And this is why i rather want new content then doing the harder modes. I want to have fun on my main and explore new things as i level and not just do the same areas over and over and become way too OP for future content

Finally trying my hand at hardcore. I'm trying a dual totem build - which is more of a late game build, but I'm just going to take it slow and steady and see how I do. I finally decided to take the plunge when I realised I'd gotten the same build in softcore through the first difficulty with one death - which had been easily avoidable early on.

Worst that comes of it is I fail and I continue to play a build I was already going to try out anyways.

You can not do full respecs. You'll get a few respec points from quests while leveling in each difficulty level and Orbs of Regret which are rare orb drops. You will still need to plan your build.
    • PSN ID: Azuri118 •

Quote Originally Posted by Dude From Denmark View Post
    ...And this is why i rather want new content then doing the harder modes. I want to have fun on my main and explore new things as i level and not just do the same areas over and over and become way too OP for future content
    Don't see any reason why the couldn't increase the level of the monsters to an appropriate difficulty...something like how the maps work