Hmm, how likely am I to get a 6-link from fusings? Was thinking I'd buy a bunch and see how good I can get it

Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Hmm, how likely am I to get a 6-link from fusings? Was thinking I'd buy a bunch and see how good I can get it
    The odds are thin, watched a guy waste 318 fusings today trying to get a 6 link. Saying that though, you could get it with as few as one, in the end it comes down to how much you like to gamble.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 05:34 AM ----------

Time to give up making an ES based witch, the disadvantages are just to many which is to bad as it's enjoyable to play otherwise.

/off to figure out something else
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Time to give up making an ES based witch, the disadvantages are just to many which is to bad as it's enjoyable to play otherwise.
    What pitfalls are you running into? I'm looking at running this frost witch build.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    What pitfalls are you running into? I'm looking at running this frost witch build.
    The stun mechanics is based on you life, even as CI, hence you're at a disadvantage as far as mobs hitting you, mostly an issue with jumping mobs (what killed me this last time). If you go CI you have no defense against puncture nor non chaos poisons, just have to pray that your shield is high enough. If you don't go CI your life is so low that chaos damage is lethal to even look at, unless you try to stack both shield and life which begs the question, why not go life stacking in the first place?

Now on top of this your armor is non existent unless you compromise yet again and go hybrid armor pieces hence you have little to no physical resist. The only conclusion I can reach at this point is how inferior ES is compared to high armor health stacking. And I lost 6 characters trying things out, 3 over level 60 with the highest being 67.

Think I'll chill in scrubcore for a day or three while I plan my next character, might try the same style but health based instead, at a quick glance I'm forced to drop some DPS doing so though.
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    You can not do full respecs. You'll get a few respec points from quests while leveling in each difficulty level and Orbs of Regret which are rare orb drops. You will still need to plan your build.
    Yes, well, here's to hoping they give a way to do full respecs. I personally like to try out different builds on the same class, and I'm not about to start shelling out money for more character slots + spend the time to re-level another character just to try them all out. Respec points are good for when you accidentally pick the wrong skill, or just want to change one or two around. I can understand not wanting to give us an easy way to completely respec, else the game would just become 'ok, what's the flavor of the week?' where everyone is the exact same spec as everyone else at any given time.

I like the MASSIVE skill tree, and the ability to test different builds from everyone else. I just hate the fact that you can't scrap a build and start over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .

have they done anything about the pain in the arse non stop ninjaing yet?

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I just hate the fact that you can't scrap a build and start over.
    The games replayablility lies in rerolling new characters...

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Yes, well, here's to hoping they give a way to do full respecs. I personally like to try out different builds on the same class, and I'm not about to start shelling out money for more character slots + spend the time to re-level another character just to try them all out.
    Every player gets 24 character slots per account. So one can create quite a lot of builds before ever hitting the slot limit. Doesn't seem a valid concern really.

I like the MASSIVE skill tree, and the ability to test different builds from everyone else. I just hate the fact that you can't scrap a build and start over.
    1-click respec would be sorta cheating. No matter though, POE does not aim to provide a casual player experience in it's game systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    No.

GGG said they are "reevaluating" some of their stances on loot. Until then it stands as it ever was; GGG want looting to be shrewd and cutthroat.

I heard that GGG is looking at retooling the Duelist's skill area so it's not as bad. Any truth to that? I don't see what's wrong with it, to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    I'm screen shoting this. If the measure is ever passed. You're comments will be my new signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Caring about Fox News is like caring about the special Olympics if the participants were members of an internationally maligned news syndicate filled with neo-fascists who care about family values.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    I heard that GGG is looking at retooling the Duelist's skill area so it's not as bad. Any truth to that? I don't see what's wrong with it, to be honest.
    Yes, they are looking to make it stronger.

Kind of a complicated answer why it is so weak to start Duelist. Basically it costs more points for less benefit than all the other trees.

Cool. Anything to make my facebreaker stronger.

Wouldn't mind the respec, either. >.> Not that I really need it, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    I'm screen shoting this. If the measure is ever passed. You're comments will be my new signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Caring about Fox News is like caring about the special Olympics if the participants were members of an internationally maligned news syndicate filled with neo-fascists who care about family values.

I'm happy full respec isn't in it from the base. If they add it to the store, good for them, but I like coming up with multiple characters and getting them to the point where it is viable myself, instead of going for an OP build between level 1-60 and then switch to a build that's OP from there on. That has always been an issue with respecs. Just like Leveling in WoW vanilla as a protection warrior..something I did, but many just went arms (or berserker, cant recall) and paid the respec at the end. To me, that's taking the point out of the game.

On the other hand, I wouldn't oppose a dual or multi-spec principle, but I guess that would take away the point for the devs to sell character slots to begin with.

Well, GGG have said they are thinking of adding a full respec option for a large amount of currency. It was in the Q&A Chris did with Kripparian. Mostly a convenience gesture as a wealthy high level character can full respec as is currently.

So that is on the "maybe" list floating around GGG just like player set loot rules, permanent always-on PVP realms and gender swap for classes.

Crew: Kay Apathy your job is to enfeeble everything k so we don't get 1 shot
    Apathy: ...
    Everything goes smooth until we get to ''Oak The Mighty'' who spams leaps and well... yeah
    Apathy: Hes been enfeebled for like EVER
    Apathy: Wait what hes at half health
    Oak kills 2 of my party
    Apathy: God we should of just done a blue map <.< ( level 73 )

._. Best gear / builds doesn't cut some of these maps when you have horrible mods and we also had enfeeble too =/
    Last edited by Hysteria; 2013-02-18 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    1-click respec would be sorta cheating. No matter though, POE does not aim to provide a casual player experience in it's game systems
    Tbh i have no problem with them putting an item in the cash shop for a 1 click respec if it was priced around 10 bucks...i wouldn't buy it but there are many people that would(probably qq that it's so dear) but would they rather restart their character to get the correct build or spend 60/70 orbs of regret?

Been noticing that the ice spells and effects seem to cause desyncs when you have faster monsters running about.
    Even worse is ice arrow and arctic breath cast by either the player or a monster seems to cause the game to pause...some with summon skeles...makes me wonder if the servers have the same hiccup when those spells are used would explain some desyncing.
    Also seem to get it when moving about through tight areas and the game derps on which path to go...seem to desync shortly after.
    And of course there is the fast movement.
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2013-02-18 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Tbh i have no problem with them putting an item in the cash shop for a 1 click respec if it was priced around 10 bucks...i wouldn't buy it but there are many people that would(probably qq that it's so dear) but would they rather restart their character to get the correct build or spend 60/70 orbs of regret?
    That would affect the in-game currency of Orb of Regret's, if they did that, something which they've said they'll never do.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

What I hate is that enemies will pushing past, ignore, or just get stuck in and start twitching... about 20 minions.
    They will ignore 20 zombies and skeletons punching their face because they want to chase you.

Its so fucking annoying.
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    What I hate is that enemies will pushing past, ignore, or just get stuck in and start twitching... about 20 minions.
    They will ignore 20 zombies and skeletons punching their face because they want to chase you.

Its so fucking annoying.
    Yeah, it's rather annoying. Have you tried using a spell totem with skeletons? I felt that it worked better in protecting me from the baddies.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Yeah, it's rather annoying. Have you tried using a spell totem with skeletons? I felt that it worked better in protecting me from the baddies.
    I am yet to find any totems
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    You would rather have FFA? It is fine as is, either group with mates or wake up and claim whats yours.