Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Looks like some of the new skills were datamined: http://imgur.com/a/6QZ3t

Seems neat. So hard to read though.

Most interesting to me is an actual healing skill and "Returning Projectiles" support gem. The latter seems to cause projectiles to strike outward then follow the same path inward.
    not sure if they are legit, wording seems off to me.
    Ignite should never make it top live, to have the spell simply set a mob on fire doesn't seem to bad but elemental proliferation/fire penetration would make it verge on op just to be able to leg it into a group of monsters cast and run away while they burn... not to mention an added cold damage on the spell slowing the monsters onto of burning them
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2013-03-06 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Ignite should never make it top live, to have the spell simply set a mob on fire doesn't seem to bad but elemental proliferation/fire penetration/added fire damage would make it verge on op just to be able to leg it into a group of monsters cast and run away while they burn...
    You can do that already with quality FB + Chance to Ignite and Searing Touch staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    You can do that already with quality FB + Chance to Ignite and Searing Touch staff.
    yeah but you still require a lot more to do it than ignite would need to the same effect.
    for one you wouldn't need a unique staff and 2 no need for chance to ignite or a good quality FB
    all you would need is ignite and some added fire damage from passives

yeah but you still require a lot more to do it than ignite would need to the same effect.
    for one you wouldn't need a unique staff and 2 no need for chance to ignite or a good quality FB
    all you would need is ignite and some added fire damage from passives
    Yeah I'm not saying it's a great idea for a skill, just that it's possible as is, hence not the best argument against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Yeah I'm not saying it's a great idea for a skill, just that it's possible as is, hence not the best argument against it.
    Their design ethos is that they don't mind stuff being over powered if it requires effort...they nerfed dual totems, spark and lightning arrow and CI because they made a player OP to easily as would be the case with Ignite.
    When i say it shouldn't make it to live it's with that in mind.

When i say it shouldn't make it to live it's with that in mind.
    Yeah that's fair enough and I'd agree.

fuller patch notes for 0.10.2 http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/227309

looks like incinerate is what the void bears use and there's a cosmetic to make it blue fire

A set of vendor recipes related to handing in complete sets of rare gear have been changed. The rewards are now based on the item levels of the gear and can range from one Orb of Chance to three Regal Orbs under certain conditions.

wonder if that includes unidentified stuff?...would partially solve the multibox farming if it did

The Portal gem is now treated as a spell, so it is affected by things like cast speed and can exist on a Spell Totem.

yay cast speed for portal gem , but would a totem linked with it actualy spam cast portals?
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2013-03-06 at 11:13 AM.

A set of vendor recipes related to handing in complete sets of rare gear have been changed. The rewards are now based on the item levels of the gear and can range from one Orb of Chance to three Regal Orbs under certain conditions.

wonder if that includes unidentified stuff?...would partially solve the multibox farming if it did
    I'm guessing it's primarily to solve the issue with people farming normal Vaal for currency.

Patch looks nice, they are really getting stuff done at a good pace, only hope they can come to some solutions to the desync issue.

Ignite should never make it top live, to have the spell simply set a mob on fire doesn't seem to bad but elemental proliferation/fire penetration would make it verge on op just to be able to leg it into a group of monsters cast and run away while they burn... not to mention an added cold damage on the spell slowing the monsters onto of burning them
    Isn't that more or less how flame totem builds work?

Typically I see those builds with Chnce to Ignite, LMP and Ele Prof. I don't see "fire & forget" [harhar] spells very game breaking because they sorta exist now.

Deleted
    Most interesting to me is an actual healing skill and "Returning Projectiles" support gem. The latter seems to cause projectiles to strike outward then follow the same path inward.
    I was wondering about that one too.

I'm thinking it will be like Talon's W from LoL, probably.

Wondering how that gem will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Wondering how that gem will be.
    Heh. I thought the same thing too...

1. Roll Shadow
    2. Equip Ethereal Stars effect
    3. Link Returning Projectiles support gem to the above
    4. Another body for the gutter.

Deleted
    Heh. I thought the same thing too...

1. Roll Shadow
    2. Equip Ethereal Stars effect
    3. Link Returning Projectiles support gem to the above

[IMG]http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joystiq.com/media/2012/03/lol-talon.jpg[IMG]
    LOL!!! If that gem does what we think it does, then lol, Ethereal Knives/Stars will be just like Talon's W. Haha.

That would be, kinda cool I guess. Really looking forward for that gem.

4. Another body for the gutter.

Interesting find on the skills. Infusion seems to have some odd wording. In one part, it says that the damage that would have been taken in healed by the target, but in another area it says in multiplies the damage that would have been given to other enemies and applies it to the target. It seems like a skill gem that will turn AoEs into hard hitting ST attacks. Return Projectiles also sounds interesting, could make pierce builds a little more desirable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patch should be up in about an hour. I'm probably going to go back and try getting my Duelist Facebreaker up and running again. Cannibalized all of his gear for my Marauder Facebreaker, and while I do like the Marauder talents I wish I had more Dexterity. Want to try out an elemental hit focused Facebreaker, and I don't get nearly enough dexterity with my Marauder.

anyone got a brief faq for a noob (the main site seemed.... limited to info)

also if I recall fencers claimed this beats diablo 3 and torchlight 2. Confirm/deny fencers!

Patch should be up in about an hour. I'm probably going to go back and try getting my Duelist Facebreaker up and running again. Cannibalized all of his gear for my Marauder Facebreaker, and while I do like the Marauder talents I wish I had more Dexterity. Want to try out an elemental hit focused Facebreaker, and I don't get nearly enough dexterity with my Marauder.
    I heard one guy on Kripp's stream talking positively about the Duelist changes. Seemed he played the alpha server a bit.

The remade Duelist tree is nice! They added a badass passive in "Master of the Arena" and specifically works with unarmed damage for you Facebreaker Duelists out there.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    also if I recall fencers claimed this beats diablo 3 and torchlight 2. Confirm/deny fencers!
    I like all 3 games actually. So deny, sorta.

Been playing for a year now. There is stuff I still discover from simple skill interactions to mob mechanics. I play everyday, read/participate in the subreddit, read/participate on the official forums-- yet still miss the intricacies of the game or discover a new piece of information.

In game aspects such as speed, control and playability I do not think Path of Exile is the equal of Diablo 3 or Torchlight 2.

In depth of design and thought, I do not believe an ARPG is the equal of Path of Exile.

EDIT: Sweet baby, Moses!

Whirlwind Mara... melee in POE is back.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-03-08 at 01:32 AM.

Nice, I tested Incinerate a bit and I foresee it being insane as well, 0.09 cast speed with my quality faster casting and throw on an added lightning support and I could kill act 1 merciless mobs with it at level 2, thinking th dps will be sick at level 15+.

Playing the witch, shes not very mobile and can't really take a hit (and mobs come in bitch loads of packs apparently) and my zombies seem to die way too fast.

I saw sawblades and I want

I want I want I want

10+ Year Old Account
    Witch summoners become gods around level 40, but start out weak, so don't be too discouraged if you find it difficult starting out.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Playing the witch, shes not very mobile and can't really take a hit (and mobs come in bitch loads of packs apparently) and my zombies seem to die way too fast.

I saw sawblades and I want

I want I want I want
    Never play a Witch as your first character.

Its one of the most common "noob" mistakes.

Every class can use any weapon, armor or skill. If, for example, you want to cast "spells" such as Fireballs, Lightning Arcs and so forth-- you can do that as a Marauder [Barbarian], Duelist or Ranger too provided you meet the stat reqs.

Witch is a very "soft" class and typically pays off late game. Advanced Witch builds often rely on knowledge of a number of complex systems- from gearing to gem choices, passive tree choices, specif skill reset strategies... etc.

Don't play a Witch when new to the game. You're actually gimping your future wealth too.