Deleted
    Man its annoying that Cyclone is available at 3rd act. I had hoped it would be available around lvl 10ish. I have no idea what i wanna do with my Duelist/Maurader gem-wise and Cyclone seemed like a good choice to lvl with

Interesting nodes beyond CI, I think it will greatly help CI builds while not making ES in general OP. LGoH tweaks will require me to test a few chars to see how they are affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Interesting nodes beyond CI, I think it will greatly help CI builds while not making ES in general OP. LGoH tweaks will require me to test a few chars to see how they are affected.
    Still won't solve the inherent issues with ES builds, they really need to change the stun mechanic to be based of total HP where HP is health+ES. Until such a change is in effect going hybrid health+es with the new unique chest is the way forward for using ES.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Still won't solve the inherent issues with ES builds, they really need to change the stun mechanic to be based of total HP where HP is health+ES. Until such a change is in effect going hybrid health+es with the new unique chest is the way forward for using ES.
    Agree with this. Letting stuns being calculated from only your HP is terrible, especially if you're a melee-character.

I agree, I just think this is a good first step in sorting out some of the ES/CI issues.

ES/CI is fine if and when you reach late game. The problem in my view is that the low to mid levels ES/CI is pretty much not viable.

There are also fewer ES nodes around the tree. So the path and build becomes pretty limited.

I mean if you roll like a Templar you are going FAR and spending a lot more points to get less ES than life by %.

There needs to be ES node more accessible and some larger ES nodes equal to the life nodes such as Divine Toughness or Fitness. Maybe some 12% nodes in the center for ES clusters to equal the 12% life nodes in the lower left center.

Is it possible to roll new stats in vendor recipes? For example aiming for a +20 onyx amulet with an amulet + 3 gems (r,g,b), or a resistance ring for an iron ring and a gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    ES/CI is fine if and when you reach late game. The problem in my view is that the low to mid levels ES/CI is pretty much not viable.

There are also fewer ES nodes around the tree. So the path and build becomes pretty limited.

I mean if you roll like a Templar you are going FAR and spending a lot more points to get less ES than life by %.

There needs to be ES node more accessible and some larger ES nodes equal to the life nodes such as Divine Toughness or Fitness. Maybe some 12% nodes in the center for ES clusters to equal the 12% life nodes in the lower left center.
    The way they are wording it has me curious "(Infused Shield), which adds a 20% multiplicative Energy Shield bonus." clearly different from the normal ES nodes or is this just a tease and i'm reading to much into it?

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 09:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    Is it possible to roll new stats in vendor recipes? For example aiming for a +20 onyx amulet with an amulet + 3 gems (r,g,b), or a resistance ring for an iron ring and a gem.
    kinda...you need to use a different set of gems though, was trying to get a cold res ring from an iron ring plus a doubled blue gem and i was only getting a low roll, trying it with different gems gave a better roll on the resistance and going back to the original gem got the same low res.

ES/CI is fine if and when you reach late game.
    Having tried both in variants of my build while learning the game I have to disagree, the simple fact that stun mechanics is based soly on health gives ES a huge disadvantage, using a hybrid between them doubling my health to 1300 ish made the world of difference. Not to mention the disadvantages you have with chaos damage in general if you don't go CI, the lack of physical damage reduction with ES gear as there is no ES to armor conversion talents, life leech being based of health, loss of effective health with CI and so on...

It is basically at a disadvantage in every way possible unless you get the new unique chest and even then you have to stack max health to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    kinda...you need to use a different set of gems though, was trying to get a cold res ring from an iron ring plus a doubled blue gem and i was only getting a low roll, trying it with different gems gave a better roll on the resistance and going back to the original gem got the same low res.
    thanks, that's what I wanted to know.

In this regard, is it also possible to reroll the implicit stats of quest rewards?

Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    thanks, that's what I wanted to know.

In this regard, is it also possible to reroll the implicit stats of quest rewards?
    No...since you are not trading anything for it i'd guess it's set once the quest is completed...it might change after a day or 2 but it's not likely.
    I have noticed that on the odd occasion i have been DC'd that if i had just ID'd an item, when i log back in it will be unidentified again but you'll end up with the same stats on it(pretty sure it was the same values as well)

Having tried both in variants of my build while learning the game I have to disagree, the simple fact that stun mechanics is based soly on health gives ES a huge disadvantage, using a hybrid between them doubling my health to 1300 ish made the world of difference. Not to mention the disadvantages you have with chaos damage in general if you don't go CI, the lack of physical damage reduction with ES gear as there is no ES to armor conversion talents, life leech being based of health, loss of effective health with CI and so on...

It is basically at a disadvantage in every way possible unless you get the new unique chest and even then you have to stack max health to some degree.
    Can't say I have found it to be an issue. And I do think the benefit of chaos immunity is huge. As the things which I struggle with late game are chaos damage and elemental reflect.

The latter is solved with a totem. But chaos resist is much tougher to come by. Not to mention the added bonus of 100% uptime Blood Rage and immunity from map global chaos damage. Both of which are big enough boons in my view to go CI late game.

Can't say I have found it to be an issue. And I do think the benefit of chaos immunity is huge. As the things which I struggle with late game are chaos damage and elemental reflect.

The latter is solved with a totem. But chaos resist is much tougher to come by. Not to mention the added bonus of 100% uptime Blood Rage and immunity from map global chaos damage. Both of which are big enough boons in my view to go CI late game.
    Chaos resist really isn't that hard to come by, I don't use CI and have around 1300 life with 35 chaos resist iirc and while slightly dangerous on some mobs it's enough to get by if you pay attention, being stunned at the wrong time is far more likely to get you killed as far as I see it.

The only real benefit I see with CI currently is to counter the global chaos damage in maps, something negated by using the new chest which allows you to spec health regen as ES, other than than it offers very limited advantages, makes it easier early end game but due to limited stat variations and general easiness to cap elemental resists it's not like it's competing for a stat slot on most of your gear.

My bigger beef is with ES as a concept in it self though, as long as the stun mechanic is based on health alone over ES+health it will always be inferior and as such limit the possibilities when it comes to builds, hell the constant "Get the 40 health of helping Oak" reply to what reward to take in normal is a clear hint that something is wrong.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2013-03-13 at 12:24 AM.

I see the cyclone has a 35% damage effectiveness , must be pretty op if they have it that penalized

Chaos resist really isn't that hard to come by, I don't use CI and have around 1300 life with 35 chaos resist iirc and while slightly dangerous on some mobs it's enough to get by if you pay attention, being stunned at the wrong time is far more likely to get you killed as far as I see it.
    I recognize ES/CI has some issues still. However, we will have to agree to disagree on our respective valuing of CI.

I simply find chaos damage much trickier to deal with as a Shadow/Witch and often rely on Blood Frenzy/global immunity.

Interesting uniques. I think my minion master may like that shield.

The new race types look fun as well. I wouldn't mind seeing a throwback to Doom with a Nightmare Mode. All enemies move faster, all enemies respawn unless gibbed.
    Last edited by Cyclone Jack; 2013-03-13 at 04:07 AM.

Kind of a big deal for traders in POE: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/...lse_heres_why/

TL;DR I sold poeex.info because it’s become too stressful. As much as I've tried to avoid it, poeex IS the official currency table for Path of Exile and I feel like it's too much power for me. Also, GGG polices the shit out of RMT, but lets a mass multi-boxing exploit happen for over a week.

Hi all,

This is the final post that I’ll make about www.poeex.info because as of this moment, I no longer control it. I’ve sold the site to a company who was very interested in taking it off my hands. If anything, this post should serve as a notice to minimize the amount of butthurt that comes my way due to (likely) changes.

For me, poeex isn't what it used to be and I no longer wish to deal with the stress that it has been causing me. I originally made the site for fun - for the lulz, as Kripp always says - because I felt that Path of Exile needed something like it. It was really fucking awesome. I posted about it on this subreddit several times and got a lot of great feedback. Everyone was giving me these amazing suggestions to improve it and I honestly felt like I was helping to strengthen the community. All of that has changed since open beta, however, and its become a hassle to maintain. Since then, most people are: constantly complaining rather than helping; constantly sending me hate mail; and constantly making me question any legitimate change I might want to make. Sure, I still get a lot of, “oh thanks man,” but after the 10th email from someone telling me that I should probably kill myself, it’s altogether a bit of a downer. I actually should have taken the time to post the angriest/stupidest email I've received - some real gold in there.

I don’t mean to sound like a bitch, but poeex is no longer the fun little project I was building. It’s something much more perverse. One redditor suggested that I make a public relations post apologizing to the players over the whole Chaos Orb thing that happened last week - explanation below - and what the fuck, a site I started for the lulz now needs public relations? Do people take this shit that seriously like I have to apologize to them just to get them to come back? LOL?

I could have never anticipated that it would become so influential - which is kind of cool, but also a huge source of stress for myself. I do not want to wield so much power. It’s a terrible feeling. Last week, someone who I had been working with decided (on a whim) that Chaos Orbs were worth double their value due to the recent game patch so he updated the table. (This is NOT how I told him to do things. Changes are decided 100% of the time through voting!) I understand that the game economy went batshit insane for about 30 minutes until I revoked his admin access and changed the values back. (Are people really that stupid?) During that time, I received almost 20 emails from players telling me what an idiot I am, some accusing me of trying to break the game and profiting off of it. I was at work in a meeting when all of this happened and didn’t know what was going on. I actually had to leave the meeting and fix it to stop the emails from coming!

Ultimately, the final decision to sell the site came when GGG decided to ban any mention of poeex from their forums for a week because I had posted an RMT advertisement. (I had originally put it up with the intention of making a little extra money, but after quite a bit of backlash, I decided that it wasn’t in the game’s best interest and took it down.) A moderator then decided to use language which suggested to other players there was a link between the adverts and cracked accounts, "We just slowed down from a huge spike in compromised accounts, and having a link to RMT trading readily available on a site frequently used by a lot of players, just seem to (sic) coincidental to me." What's more, said moderator insisted that the consensus of the community against the advertisement was reflected in the 35 PMs she had received - a whopping 0.2% of my traffic for the day. This made me quite angry, but whatever.

In my opinion, a slap on the wrist and a, “Okay you said sorry. Just don’t do it again,” would have been more than enough. I don’t have a record of pulling these kinds of stunts. People make mistakes. I realized that it was a mistake. It was done. Instead of that, I'm told that they're going to "make an example of me" LOL. Ironically, I then sold it to someone who (probably) doesn't give a care about all of this stuff and is (probably) going to post RMT ads; thus, making the problem worse.

And just as GGG loses their shit over RMT, some players were making 30+ Exalts in currency value per day off of multi-boxing and that’s totally fine. Apparently some of the mods are multi-boxing too! I’ve been playing this game pretty casually for around 7 months and I’ve probably accumulated about 10-20 Exalts worth of wealth. That's overshadowed by less than a days worth of work. “You can multibox, just don’t visit poeex. Wouldn’t want to give anyone an unfair advantage,” is what I hear in my head.

Anyway, I had a good a run. Bye bye.

EDIT: Just a few follow up words:

Thanks for all the kind words.
    I should say that GGG losing their shit is more like some mods losing their, but it is the official website, so I can't say that GGG wasn't involved. That said, it wasn't apparently to me (ever) that Chris Wilson had his hands in any of this. I don't want to sour Chris' name because he is a total rad dude.
    If anyone is looking for the Ruby on Rails PoE project to work on, you should contact me. I have private github repos! If you're new to RoR, I can help you build a PoE site?
    I still love this game, don't get me wrong. Best ARPG ever?

Edit: Also dropping this here:

Summoners! Ready your Orbs of Chance!
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-03-13 at 03:34 PM.

Meh, he sounds a bit butthurt, so his story probably isn't very credible either.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Meh, he sounds a bit butthurt, so his story probably isn't very credible either.
    What the feelings of the guy who ran POEEX are is not important. It's that POEEX was sold and will likely alter the economy as POEEX was a huge part of defacto trading.

That's pretty important.

Unrelated:

Super interesting build I plan on trying soon: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/244981

I like the mechanics of Incinerate but haven't yet put it all together. Highly intrigued by the new unique chest as well. *thinking*
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-03-13 at 06:08 PM.

What the feelings of the guy who ran POEEX are is not important. It's that POEEX was sold and will likely alter the economy as POEEX was a huge part of defacto trading.
    I wonder who it got sold to...would laugh so hard if it is a currency seller/"hacker"

And that build looks sweet
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2013-03-13 at 06:32 PM.