Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    I have a lv 35 ranger on the Standard league. Any bonuses if I start from zero in the Domination League? I have read that there are some shrines. Any difference except that? And if not, is it worth to start over just for the shrines?
    Thank you.
    Up to you, the shrines in domination have been rather underwhelming for me so far, but they are testing the changes to MF in the new leagues, and it's aslo a new start with new economy so you have the potential to gather some rather nice stuff by the time it finishes and your chars/stash moves to standard

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Up to you, the shrines in domination have been rather underwhelming for me so far, but they are testing the changes to MF in the new leagues, and it's aslo a new start with new economy so you have the potential to gather some rather nice stuff by the time it finishes and your chars/stash moves to standard
    The speed boost is insane.

Also the economy is the main reason I switched. I had a pretty established stash on Standard. 2 pages of good Uniques, assorted twink gear for leveling new classes, and probably 10-12 exalts worth of raw currency. But prices are just messed up. People playing since open beta started just have 100s of exalts laying around. Anything that makes a build is going to run you 50+ per piece. Also entry-mid level gear is almost worthless so you will be playing for months and months just to get enough currency to buy something decent. Better to just reroll and start over. Hell i only started playing this week and already have half a page of uniques and 15 chaos + other currency so maybe close to an Exalt. Also can get very good gear for under 10 chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    The speed boost is insane.
    I was so bummed after I failed to try and cheese Weaver with it. I had the speed boost and I knew I was close to her so I just took off past everything and straight to her, got to the door, clicked on it...can't go through with shrine buffs ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a 2nd unguil's gauche with perfect rolls recently, so decided to make a dagger/dagger build and damn these daggers are amazing.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Hello everyone... I'm currently downloading this game, and I'd like to hear some more info about it and ask a couple of questions :
    1) Does it have the same system as Diablo III where I usually play alone unless I decide to join up with friends? Or am I always in a world with people around?.
    2) Can any of you give me a quick explanation about the classes? Or a comparison between Diablo 3/Torchlight 2 classes and PoE ones?
    3) I read in the site that you can't reset your passive skill tree, there are only some refund points you get from quests and stuff like that, but you're supossed to create a new character if you wanna try a completly different build. Is this actually a good system? Doesn't it take too long to level up again when you wanna try something new?.
    4)Following question 3, if I'm playing for the first time, should I create whatever character I like and put my points where I think they'll work according to my play style? Or should I follow a guide or build made by people who actually know the game?.
    5) Is it going to get boring like diablo 3 where I'm just gonna be running the same content over and over again?

Thanks!.

Quote Originally Posted by jemd13 View Post
    Hello everyone... I'm currently downloading this game, and I'd like to hear some more info about it and ask a couple of questions :
    1) Does it have the same system as Diablo III where I usually play alone unless I decide to join up with friends? Or am I always in a world with people around?.
    2) Can any of you give me a quick explanation about the classes? Or a comparison between Diablo 3/Torchlight 2 classes and PoE ones?
    3) I read in the site that you can't reset your passive skill tree, there are only some refund points you get from quests and stuff like that, but you're supossed to create a new character if you wanna try a completly different build. Is this actually a good system? Doesn't it take too long to level up again when you wanna try something new?.
    4)Following question 3, if I'm playing for the first time, should I create whatever character I like and put my points where I think they'll work according to my play style? Or should I follow a guide or build made by people who actually know the game?.
    5) Is it going to get boring like diablo 3 where I'm just gonna be running the same content over and over again?

Thanks!.
    1. The same, you can play alone or in a group it's your own choice.

2. Class only decides where you start in the passive tree, a witch can be a 2 handed melee and a marauder can be a fire ball caster. Each class has some benefits by starting in their own areas though skewing what they are naturally good at.

3. You can respec a character but it's very expensive in game currency, you do however get some passive respec points that can be used to correct minor mistakes. Once you're comfortable with the game leveling a new character to 60+ only takes 6-8 hours of focused play time.

4. It's all up to you, doing what you think is right will surely make for a poorly optimized build but on the other hand serve as a great learning experience. Looking at builds on the forum and reading about the logics of them will help you get a better initial understanding of how to make a build, still expect your first build to fail and be fairly bad unless you follow a cookie cutter template.

5. Yes and no, it's an ARPG so it's a grind game by nature but it has more varied end game content compared to D3. At the end of the day though you will run the same zones, maps and bosses over and over again as it's what ARPG's is all about.

If you don't mind a much more complex game that takes time and effort to learn and master, PoE is by far a much more rewarding experience than D3 for example. At least in my opinion.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2013-11-02 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    According to This thread it doesn't work, and after reading the remaining pages, there's been no update so far about it. I think I'll stick to using one gem on my minions, and one on my spells, and not use the change to ignite gem. I only use Firestorm when I see a lot of small adds, otherwise I just use vulnerability. Using Discipline doesn't leave me much mana once I've spawned my full compliment of skeletons.
    It could be perception on my part. But as I said, I use culling with some fire skills and there was no noticeable difference in the loot pinata that is endgame. What difference there may be is so insignificant to me that it's not even an issue. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Other than Shavronne's Wrappings, are there any other really good uniques for low-lifers, other than the two Redbeaks I'll be using? Is Shavronne's a required item to have? Would Lori's Lanterns be worth looking into?
    I ran a sporker with Lori's Lanterns. It was okay. The resistances are not all that jaw dropping compared to some good rares out there.

But I will tell that increased light radius was one of the main reasons why I kep using that unique ring. I can't see a damn thing as a low lifer, the light ring was a godsend for me.

However, your eyesight might be better than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by jemd13 View Post

Thanks!.
    1. Well, the towns always have people. The hubs are shared like an MMO, if you will, but the world is instanced to either you alone or your party.

2. No. Because classes in Path of Exile only represent their access to the skill tree initially. There is a minor bonus to stats per class too. For example, a Witch has more starting Int than a Duelist. However, playing a Duelist as a full on spell caster with an army of undead at his call or a Witch as a unarmed face punching brawler are very possible and effective realities.

3. It's an ideal system for this genre of game. Though given enough time, a moderately wealthy player can reset their passive tree to a significant degree without rolling a new character. The way you are thinking about levels and leveling up is likely inappropriate to the game.

4. Up to you. It's a question of time. Do you have the free time to investigate builds on your own and make mistakes or not?

5. Subjective question. No relevance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know why "Phase Acrobatics" (30% chance to dodge spells) is not usually used? I have checked many builds from the forum and none includes that node.
    I am ranger, btw.

Deleted
    Im about to lvl a Scion up and was wondering what gems works with Spectral Throw? Is it a magic spell or only works with psychical damage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude From Denmark View Post
    Im about to lvl a Scion up and was wondering what gems works with Spectral Throw? Is it a magic spell or only works with psychical damage?
    Its a physical damage projectile, melee physical wont work with it though, iron grip is a must.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    Its a physical damage projectile, melee physical wont work with it though, iron grip is a must.
    So taking physical damage skills wont work on it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude From Denmark View Post
    So taking physical damage skills wont work on it?
    physical damage nodes will work

but becareful not to pick melee physical nodes

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Does anyone know why "Phase Acrobatics" (30% chance to dodge spells) is not usually used? I have checked many builds from the forum and none includes that node.
    I am ranger, btw.
    Its a big point dump, and most people in current metagame prefer armor over evasion due to how evasion allows spikey damage on you (big hits will occasionally go through), whereas armor creates a steady stream of damage that can be mitigated with pots / leech.

In fact, there was a big discussion about IR (node that sets your armor = evasion, and evasion to 5%) vs Acrobatics last night in Nemesis, and IR won by leaps and bounds, at least in popular perception.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    physical damage nodes will work

but be careful not to pick melee physical nodes
    Alright thank you

Why does melee feel so clunky in this game? Was trying a Double Strike build out on my Scion but half the time I seem to be swinging at nothing. Finally gave up and rerolled an EK witch and just melt stuff while hitting half the screen at once. If I ever try another melee build definitely going Cyclone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Why does melee feel so clunky in this game? Was trying a Double Strike build out on my Scion but half the time I seem to be swinging at nothing. Finally gave up and rerolled an EK witch and just melt stuff while hitting half the screen at once. If I ever try another melee build definitely going Cyclone.
    Melee might be kind of clunky early on, but they dominate end-game with highest dps across the board.

E.g. take a look at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDBCbMMMWGo

Deleted
    Just got this bow while leveling, it's kinda low level, but got bunch of things on it, so I wonder is it worth something or not really?
    http://i.imgur.com/CDyWQSs.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Its a big point dump, and most people in current metagame prefer armor over evasion due to how evasion allows spikey damage on you (big hits will occasionally go through), whereas armor creates a steady stream of damage that can be mitigated with pots / leech.

In fact, there was a big discussion about IR (node that sets your armor = evasion, and evasion to 5%) vs Acrobatics last night in Nemesis, and IR won by leaps and bounds, at least in popular perception.
    yes I know about the "evasion vs armor" debate... still...
    Maybe I`ll get pwned at higher levels but for now I`m determined not to go IR...
    The spell evade... maybe I will test... or maybe I`ll read more, since I`m not really rich and can`t afford the orbs of regret ^^

So I made a character on Domination and I'm lvl 31 now, and I feel like I'm not getting a lot or really any rares from the random unique mobs. It's kind of a bummer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a big fan of how the lore is delivered in this game, I think mmo's could learn a thing or two here very reminiscent of pso on dreamcast.