I also got a question for ranger and shadow damage. Do they need any STR at all to do damage? Or do they just get their damage from +weapon damage nodes?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Arc is Piety's only constant attack.

Which isn't that powerful hit per hit. Mechanically speaking, Arc is dangerous because it allows Piety to shock stack a player(s) quickly. Which is where a lot of the actual damage is coming from when accounting for additional attacks. Lightning Ball, lightning field, minions, arrows, fire attacks, etc.

With enough LR and good positioning, Piety's attacks are rather ignorable. However, one can still take unexpectedly high damage if they fail to move out of Piety's aoes.

I also got a question for ranger and shadow damage. Do they need any STR at all to do damage? Or do they just get their damage from +weapon damage nodes?
    I don't understand your question. Class is irrelevant to mechanics. Rangers and Shadows don't make use of Str any differently from Marauders and Duelists.

Strength as a metric increases melee physical damage and HP. It also is a requirement for gems, armor and weapons of various types.

Some items, gems and passives modify a character's Strength stat so it applies to other things. Like ranged attacks (ex. Iron Grip) or spells (ex. Iron Will).
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-11-20 at 07:25 PM.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Was happily farming Merc Vaal on my 65 melee-ranger earlier today.

Then I got some desynch. During a Smash. Got hit by it even though I was behind him on my screen.

Never again will I make a melee character. Or at least never again will I farm Vaal on a melee character :P

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    Was happily farming Merc Vaal on my 65 melee-ranger earlier today.

Then I got some desynch. During a Smash. Got hit by it even though I was behind him on my screen.

Never again will I make a melee character. Or at least never again will I farm Vaal on a melee character :P
    Farming Vaal is just asking for it...

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Farming Vaal is just asking for it...
    I know but I just thought "I cant get that unlucky as to desynch during a Smash..."
    And I did manage to do a good 10 runs before dying!

I farmed it quite easily with my Spectral Thrower :P But since he's ranged Vaal never casts Smash so it's pretty much impossible to die.

+ I dont have the confidence to farm Piety :P Not sure if 6k single-target DPS is enough to farm her efficiently. I hadnt even done her on this toon yet (though I probably could have done it quite easily).

And IMO it's easier to run to Vaal than it is to run to Piety :< Dont want to desynch into a pack of titty-bitches.

I got cyclone, seems really weak. Leeching from cyclone isn't really helping unlike spectral throw which just kept me alive forever.

Maybe I'll go discharge instead.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also trying to figure out what bonus nodes effect spectral throw.

So 24% increase damage with claws effect spectral throw (If I have claws equiped) but if it says melee physical damage it does not>?
    Last edited by zito; 2013-11-20 at 10:00 PM.

Deleted
    I pair Cyclone with life on hit, and not Life Leech, as though the damage may be lower, the number of hits is so much higher. I can cyclone through packs of mobs all day long, and since life on hit is instant, and not slow like leech, it's very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    I pair Cyclone with life on hit, and not Life Leech, as though the damage may be lower, the number of hits is so much higher. I can cyclone through packs of mobs all day long, and since life on hit is instant, and not slow like leech, it's very effective.
    Yea but I'm using claws so :l

Also If I'm reading this right I can get 90% crit chance with claws with just nodes alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    And IMO it's easier to run to Vaal than it is to run to Piety :< Dont want to desynch into a pack of titty-bitches.
    Nahh Piety runs are easy. :P

Debating whether I should exalt this or not. If I can get fire resist would be awesome I think:

Do critical chance with claw nodes effect spectral throw? So spectral throw will also get the crit?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Do critical chance with claw nodes effect spectral throw? So spectral throw will also get the crit?
    Critical chance with claws simply increases your claws crit chance together with the general critical hit chance, note though that's it's multiplicative and not additive.

Critical chance with claws simply increases your claws crit chance together with the general critical hit chance, note though that's it's multiplicative and not additive.
    Yes but spectral throw gains its +damage with claws bonus I was wondering if it gained its +crit too.

Yes but spectral throw gains its +damage with claws bonus I was wondering if it gained its +crit too.
    Spectral throws crit is based on your weapons crit chance.

Spectral throws crit is based on your weapons crit chance.
    Ima go with yes.

Now I just need 40% crit and I can do cast on crit + spectral throw :x

Now I just need 40% crit and I can do cast on crit + spectral throw :x
    That's going to require some serious increased crit chance. =)

That's going to require some serious increased crit chance. =)
    I know :l but cast on crit only has a 30% chance on crit.

Also another difficult question.

If I have 2 dual strike gems in 2 different items and use different support gems for them will all those gems count as one or are the dual strikes separated into 2 different attacks you can slot?

I know :l but cast on crit only has a 30% chance on crit.

Also another difficult question.

If I have 2 dual strike gems in 2 different items and use different support gems for them will all those gems count as one or are the dual strikes separated into 2 different attacks you can slot?
    Two different attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    How the hell do you even make incinerate viable? had an incinerate witch and had to scrap her, biggest issue for me is that it can't crit, Oh and lightning thorns.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Incinerate is awesome! I made a stupid build one night with Cybil's Paw and Incinerate and ended up loving it to death.

The key aspects to Incinerate are;

1. Can not be stunned or interrupted at all. Not even for a split second. Anti-stun a must have for any Incinerate build.
    2. Burning & Fire damage is your thing. You need raw burning & fire damage to make up for the crit inability.
    3. Have to cast fast. Cast and projectile speed turn the gem into down right monstrous AOE. Almost 3/4ths the screen sometimes!