Well, I think we have seen Cyclone. Maybe Ground Slam will be like the Barbarian's Earthquake in D3 or something.

I was thinking Vaal Heavy Strike could be something like where the knockback sends the mob(s) flying across the screen dealing AOE damage to other mobs they collide with. That would be delightful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    A sneak peak from gamespot with Chris and Jonathan about the new, corrupted, gems: http://www.twitch.tv/gamespot/b/506356011?t=31m50s

- - - Updated - - -

I'll just say I was surprised by what I saw here, except the corpse explosion so meh, but the rest was pretty amazing. No idea how good fireball 360º well be but arc chaining extra time is going to be awesome.
    Wow all these corrupted versions looks awesome! I hope thay wont be that hard to get

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I was thinking Vaal Heavy Strike could be something like where the knockback sends the mob(s) flying across the screen dealing AOE damage to other mobs they collide with. That would be delightful.
    Sounds good, but just think of the desync it would cause

I rarely encounter desync these days. So rare that I sorta forget it is an issue in POE.

What is more likely to happen than desync for me are random lag spikes or DCs. The latter being the most annoying and the only consistent and troublesome issue I experience in the game.

And I play this game A LOT too. Path of Exile is the only recreational PC game I play daily besides Magic the Gathering.

What are some good/fast leveing and end game map running characters?

So far I've made a split arrow ranger and I feel like my dps is way low compared to others, or maybe its just my gear since I have to use what I find.

Just wanna know what a good class to level first in the new league would be...goal is getting to end game ASAP and running maps to start building currency ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by kansas311 View Post
    What are some good/fast leveing and end game map running characters?

So far I've made a split arrow ranger and I feel like my dps is way low compared to others, or maybe its just my gear since I have to use what I find.

Just wanna know what a good class to level first in the new league would be...goal is getting to end game ASAP and running maps to start building currency ASAP.
    I play hardcore a lot and reflect is my # 1 killer - even a second of not paying attention can be brutal if you have high dps - so I am playing mostly totem-based characters because you're immune to all reflect damage and you can still use traps to deliver powerful status effects / damage even with Ancestral Power node (2 totems, but can't deal damage with your own skills).

You can also have a fairly low-cost and effective build with totems because of how safe it generally is. You will also have an easy time with bosses like Dominus or Merveil or Vaal because you never have to be in range of their deadly attacks - you can kill them from off-screen reliably.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say all the new stuff is looking mighty good.

I'll probably get back into PoE once the new leagues start so I'll have something to kill time with until WS release

Best part is that I can finally re-play some of the awesome builds I played before as it's a new league! I kind of have the policy of not playing the same build twice during the same league which made me explore a lot of builds during Nemesis :P Though sadly it also meant that once I messed up once I got locked out of the awesome builds one by one

So many choices.... Though I might have to choose some basic build to start off with so I can actually gather some currency without being too gimped due to the build "requiring" a 5/6-link and whatnot.

Deleted
    Loving it. I think I will mostly play the softcore league this time though. I absolutely love the idea of hardcore, and liked to play it in Nemesis. However, whenever I would die, I would have to go through the slog of levelling another character again, which in normal roguelikes it's ok, but here it takes me at least 20h, which is a huge time-investment for me

Really looking forward to this mini-expansion though!

New screen shot is up of the Invasion League. http://webcdn.pathofexile.com/public...asion_news.jpg

Seems like mobs from random areas can appear anywhere in the new league. I suspect Ambush is Hardcore and Invasion is Softcore.

Deleted
    I suspect Ambush is Hardcore and Invasion is Softcore.
    Nope, invasion is hardcore
    http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/800208

Well, damn. Not sure what to expect out of these leagues now.

This is like ARPG overload right now; massive D3 patch, Reaper of Souls in one month, new Grim Dawn act was released, mini expansion for Path of Exile in a couple of weeks.

Deleted
    Haha, yeah!

Didn't play Diablo3 in a year, but decided to give it a shot. My sorceress replaced all her items in about 5 minutes ^^
    Looking forward to Vaal more though! Even though Diablo plays a bit 'smoother' the build diversity just doesn't really seem to be there

This is like ARPG overload right now; massive D3 patch, Reaper of Souls in one month, new Grim Dawn act was released, mini expansion for Path of Exile in a couple of weeks.
    Couple of weeks = Next week.

And yeah, had to start a new char in Grim Dawn so I could run from start through Act 2. Finished up Act 1 last night and cleared the side areas. I figure this weekend will give me the time I need to play in Act 2 and then next week I can jump back into PoE with the mini-expansion.

10+ Year Old Account

Somebody suggested in the Subreddit that Invasion could have a portal that opens up as you're playing, pouring in mobs from other zones until it's destroyed. I think that would be interested, and provide a unique challenge, assuming that the mobs became stronger the longer the portal was open. For ambush, I think the theory I liked the best was that there are chests that have good drops in them, but opening them unleashes a pack of mobs on you that you have to kill in order ot get the loot.

Of course, this is all speculation, but I think they're interesting ideas.

Deleted
    Is Grim Dawn any fun? Graphics looks a bit rusty, arkward and slow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude From Denmark View Post
    I'm finding it very fun so far. It's more of the same, though, so it needs to be a genre that you really like. I can't say much good about the story, but character progression and combat is spot on. The same formula polished down.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Somebody suggested in the Subreddit that Invasion could have a portal that opens up as you're playing, pouring in mobs from other zones until it's destroyed. I think that would be interested, and provide a unique challenge, assuming that the mobs became stronger the longer the portal was open. For ambush, I think the theory I liked the best was that there are chests that have good drops in them, but opening them unleashes a pack of mobs on you that you have to kill in order ot get the loot.
    Both theories seem, awesome.

Ambush chests would tickle me though. I like the addition of cursed chests in this Diablo 3 update. I think a similar idea can make Path of Exile very exciting to stumble upon given that death in POE is far more unforgiving than D3.

Is Grim Dawn any fun? Graphics looks a bit rusty, awkward and slow
    It's basically Titan Quest 2. And plays in a manner very close to what one would expect from Titan Quest.

It's fun. Though shallow and unfinished. Still in development, natch.

Crate has done a great job with the game. Like Fencers stated, it's basically Titan Quest 2, but with a much darker setting. Combat is solid, progression is pretty good, and the game is fun. It is still in development, so there are a number of features that have not yet made it into the game, such as multiplayer, crafting, factions, etc.

-----

I'm trying to think of a new character to play for when SotV hits PoE next week. I'm thinking of making an archer, since we're getting those new quivers, but I've already done LA and IS. Perhaps a Barrage/RoA archer? At the same time, There are a bunch of new skills I really haven't messed with much, like Flameblast, Storm Call, Raging Spirit, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like that Ambush League theory might be true: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806998/

Also, boots with Movement speed implicit mod and Vaal Molten Shell look dope.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Looks like that Ambush League theory might be true: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806998/

Also, boots with Movement speed implicit mod and Vaal Molten Shell look dope.
    Gwahhh I really want to know what the drawback to a Corrupted Item/Vaal Gem is.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.