Witch at least seems very fragile when I pop open those breaches. Can't get a moment to restore energy shield.

:/

edit: To solve this problem (seriously, I die to almost every breach I open), I picked up flame surge to quickly attack close range. Now the question comes up... why do I even bother using scorching ray... only reason I can think of is that it looks pretty.

edit2: Now with further testing, I find even these changes are insufficient. Each time I open a breach that spaws more than just a couple mobs, I will die. Since reaching act3 on normal I ahve died in every breach. If nothing changes, I'll stop opening them once I'm past normal.
    Last edited by Morae; 2016-12-15 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Witch at least seems very fragile when I pop open those breaches. Can't get a moment to restore energy shield.

:/

edit: To solve this problem (seriously, I die to almost every breach I open), I picked up flame surge to quickly attack close range. Now the question comes up... why do I even bother using scorching ray... only reason I can think of is that it looks pretty.

edit2: Now with further testing, I find even these changes are insufficient. Each time I open a breach that spaws more than just a couple mobs, I will die. Since reaching act3 on normal I ahve died in every breach. If nothing changes, I'll stop opening them once I'm past normal.
    The normal ones should be pretty easy. They do significantly scale up in cruel/merc. I've finally just figured out how to live through 9/10 breaches on my flameblast totem inquis in maps, rather than dying to 9/10. You really need to have high dps and mobility to drop stuff before you get overwhelmed.

I have been trying to have button to press when I get surrounded by swarm of mobs. Haven't died so far once I started using Vortex. Since it is cold damage, mobs get slowed or frozen too. This gives me time to do something.

Still very close calls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooo... is there some kinds of OP build with Ngamahu's Flame? I bought one last week for 8C, one with the same stats today goes for around 1.5-2ex. >_>

I think some popular YouTuber created a build that involved that axe, so there's probably why.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I think some popular YouTuber created a build that involved that axe, so there's probably why.
    A streamer did, Mathil.

Happens any time a streamer dose the math and work to show that a build is good...then his horde of lazy followers put the demand way to high and those selling catch on

For normal I managed to ensure my general safety when opening a breach. Scorhing ray+cast while channel+firestorm. This usually obliterated masses of mobs before they could do much to me. Now that I finally played normal, I find that opening a breach in cruel equals a suicide. I'll probably need some really good stuff before I can do that and not die...

For normal I managed to ensure my general safety when opening a breach. Scorhing ray+cast while channel+firestorm. This usually obliterated masses of mobs before they could do much to me. Now that I finally played normal, I find that opening a breach in cruel equals a suicide. I'll probably need some really good stuff before I can do that and not die...
    When You finally start easily doing Cruel Breaches, then the same "shock" will hit You on mercilles Remember to keep Your resistances @ 75% (besides Chaos, because it's really hard to do, but doable) and as high as possible Evasion/Armor/Energy Shield depending on Your build. As a caster You will require energy shield and armor/evasion.

Besides what Slaughty said, as you get into Cruel you should be looking for those 4 or preferably 5 link chest pieces (or 2 hander if you are going staves) for your primary skill.

Also, Decoy Totem=OP. Great for Strongboxes, Essence Packs, Breeches, even many bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

10+ Year Old Account
    Be sure to grab some flasks that remove bleeding, chilled, shocked.

One of the rift types, I can't remember which one, has those tentacle dudes from Act 4 in it who will just spam projectiles at you that cause bleeding.

The electric breaches will shock you, which causes you take 50% increased damage.

And everything that hits you in the frost breaches will chill you and slow you to a crawl, making it much harder to doge additional stuff.

Also get in the habit of liberally spamming flasks in breaches. If you are doing it right, you will be killing them fast enough that you can just perma spam them until the breach closes.

All these abrevations.

What does CI mean? What does MTX mean?

Anyway... trying a scorchin ray. Not far yet. I ahve always found witch rather clunky class to play. I'm not sure, if I'm plaing it right, but having to cast spells standing still, not being able to leech and very little health regen and very fragile is rather odd. Slower killing speed too due to previously mentioned reasons. Yet, it looks pewpew so I'll try seeing how far I get.
    If you can get your hands on a 5, or better yet 6 (tabula rasa) link armor, try scorching ray > cast when channeling > firestorm. I'm currently releveling my necromancer after I ripped yesterday with this setup and it's pretty damn strong, very different playstyle to what I usually do for leveling and a nice change of pace. White 5 links should be like 1c by now so if you buy one you can toss in ele focus and controlled destruction and your damage will be quite nice.

I'm playing entirely self found. Always have. PRobably always will. I just like to pick a spec and play it as far as I can until I get bored or can't continue. Then pick another. Repeat until I get bored playing PoE for about 6months to 1year and repeat again.

Atm, I'm wondering what is a good place to grind xp. Act4? Trial of Ascendancy (or whatever that thing in act3 is called). I'd like to prepare a bit for merciless since I'm now at the end of act4 cruel.

Deleted
    Atm, I'm wondering what is a good place to grind xp. Act4?
    act4, dried lake is probably the best due to its density.

I'm playing entirely self found. Always have. PRobably always will. I just like to pick a spec and play it as far as I can until I get bored or can't continue. Then pick another. Repeat until I get bored playing PoE for about 6months to 1year and repeat again.

Atm, I'm wondering what is a good place to grind xp. Act4? Trial of Ascendancy (or whatever that thing in act3 is called). I'd like to prepare a bit for merciless since I'm now at the end of act4 cruel.
    Ah! That's my philosophy with ARPGs in general. The only thing i didn't actually find myself is a Claw for my dual wield Reave Raider a friend dropped while we were doing maps... so technically it was while i was playing. :P
    I'll try to bring that character as far as possible, but the game kinda slowed down since i hit 75 and dying is painfull. :S
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

I got my first PoE character up to 89 in the breach league, but I am burning out. The deeper I get into endgame, the more the game's economy is stressing me out. I really like the complexity and freedom of PoE, but when it boils down to it the endgame is played using macros and websites while sitting in your hideout trading. Not necessarily what I expected or wanted.

Mapping was the last straw for me once I realized that grinding t13+ is extremely expensive in itself and not very sustainable. I hate that everything I do translates directly into chaos. Sell this map or do it? chisel it? etc.

A real shame. One of the best games I've played in a while, just not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I got my first PoE character up to 89 in the breach league, but I am burning out. The deeper I get into endgame, the more the game's economy is stressing me out. I really like the complexity and freedom of PoE, but when it boils down to it the endgame is played using macros and websites while sitting in your hideout trading. Not necessarily what I expected or wanted.

Mapping was the last straw for me once I realized that grinding t13+ is extremely expensive in itself and not very sustainable. I hate that everything I do translates directly into chaos. Sell this map or do it? chisel it? etc.

This is why many people just skip this booring endgame content and go straight to a new character to try out a new idea of a build they just discovered or want to play. Especially streamers and casual players. Nobody is forcing anybody to push the endgame while it seriously sucks vs Diablo 3 endgame. Just make a new char and enjoy a new fresh build
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-12-19 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    This is why many people just skip this booring endgame content and go straight to a new character to try out a new idea of a build they just discovered or want to play. Especially streamers and casual players. Nobody is forcing anybody to push the endgame while it seriously sucks vs Diablo 3 endgame. Just make a new char and enjoy a new fresh build
    I agree with you, I got a char at 90+ in the essence league, but I kinda hit a wall because mapping can get REALLY boring plus each piece of equipment I wanted to upgrade cost around 300 chaos orb. PoE endgame is fun but it takes so much time to really hit it, for a casual gamer like me it gets boring fast, but yeah it's a good idea to remake chars and try new builds!

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post

What are you looking for? I don't have an issue staying around t12/t13, and getting t15s feels like an actual treat instead of something to grind because it exists. Would map drops be exciting if they were endless? And if you don't want to sit around trading all day then....don't? I probably haven't sold more than a dozen things in the past two weeks, only big ticket items and the process hasn't consumed more than a fraction of a percent of my gaming time. The game is really what you make of it, sounds more to me like you aren't a fan of the entire genre, not PoE specifically, because this is how they all are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    sounds more to me like you aren't a fan of the entire genre, not PoE specifically, because this is how they all are.
    Uhm ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    I've been thinking about rolling something else, but at this point I see chaos and exalted labels on everything including rerolling. I wish I could just log in and grind productively on my 89 without checking the balance every 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    If you can get your hands on a 5, or better yet 6 (tabula rasa) link armor, try scorching ray > cast when channeling > firestorm. I'm currently releveling my necromancer after I ripped yesterday with this setup and it's pretty damn strong, very different playstyle to what I usually do for leveling and a nice change of pace. White 5 links should be like 1c by now so if you buy one you can toss in ele focus and controlled destruction and your damage will be quite nice.
    Now replace Firestorm with Icestorm (The Whispering Ice) and have a laugh, it's amazing
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.