Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Don't think you can use frost blades with CWC as it is an attack, not a spell. Frost blades is an okay attack, the single target is certainly nothing to write home about but it can clear entire screens real fast. You could look into Touch of Anguish, would probably fit right in to what you want to do, though it is high level. The free chain would certainly help a lot with frost blades.
    Ok,will check it. I'm liking this playstyle, i need to reach the mana/life leech nodes so i can sustain myself better. Though i wanted to focus on swords instead of claws - at the moment it's not an issue since i've yet to take any sword specific node (i've only one multi-weapon node that covers both).

EDIT: i looked at other weapons and i've seen Cospri's malice that looks good too - but i still need a spell to put into my arsenal.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-02-07 at 09:19 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

UI looks good! I hope for future official pad support on PC

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, recently started playing again. Decided to go for a Sword and Board Marauder, because I'm too much of a spaz to play anything that isn't SUPER tanky.

THIS is the build I'm going for currently.

Using Vigilant Strike for ST/Fortify, Cleave AoE, Tempest Shield and Vengeance for block based fuckery and then Molten Shell because I like explosions.

So far I'm absolutely destroying everything... I've literally gone away from the screen when fighting 4/5 mobs and come back to find them dead from my block related damage and I'm still sitting there at full health.

But I've been wrong before, many times, so can y'all look over my build and check I've not done something stupid.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

That looks nice i was wondering if i could go with a onehand/shield setup using all Herald BECAUSE MUH ELEMENTS. I was thinking about using the Templar or Marauder as starting point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    That looks nice i was wondering if i could go with a onehand/shield setup using all Herald BECAUSE MUH ELEMENTS. I was thinking about using the Templar or Marauder as starting point.
    Good to know I've not borked it up . Mara is a pretty solid spot for a Shield build, because you're VERY close to all the differing weapon sections, the Shield damage section AND the Fortify section. so you can actually make yourself INSANELY tanky very early on, then slowly boost your damage as you get up into the levels where it actually matters.

Plus, Fortify is really rather good and gets even better when you're a Juggernaut. Wasn't sure about my Jugg picks though, Unyielding and Unrelenting seem solid, but I can't decide between:

Unstoppable: 10% increased Move, cannot be slowed below base move speed
    Undentable (my current pick): 1000 Accuracy rating 1% increased attack speed per 250 Accuracy.
    Unbreakable: Cannot be stunned, armour from Body doubled.

I don't really need Unbreakable, because I've already got the Keystone for Stun Immune, but Move Speed vs Accuracy/Attackspeed seems tricky. In the end, I've got Shield Charge for closing the gap, so I don't REALLY think I need speed BUT, Attack Speed and Accuracy are both rather useful.

EDIT: Also, does Life on Hit (and the related support gem) work with Vengeance? Seems like heal on hit would work very well with a spell that procs on block, considering how high block chance this build will have.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2017-02-08 at 07:51 PM.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait... You have to do the whole Labyrinth without EVER dying in order to ascend?

Damn dude...

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Wait... You have to do the whole Labyrinth without EVER dying in order to ascend?

Damn dude...
    Yep.

Luckily for us now You only need to unlock it on the Normal in order to have it opened at all difficulties.
    Back in the day one had to unlock it separately on Normal, Cruel and Merciless, that was annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Yep.

Luckily for us now You only need to unlock it on the Normal in order to have it opened at all difficulties.
    Back in the day one had to unlock it separately on Normal, Cruel and Merciless, that was annoying.
    Did they change it again recently? I thought it was each trial once on normal/cruel/merci/uber, to unlock It for all characters on that league.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep.

Yeash, that sounds like a ballache.

After a few attempts, getting hilariously pwnd by the boss, I decided to go play through act 4 and come back when I'm slightly higher level. I also got a solid tip from someone in general to use Immortal Call, supported with "Cast on damage taken". Seems like a fun combination that will work rather well with my current setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Did they change it again recently? I thought it was each trial once on normal/cruel/merci/uber, to unlock It for all characters on that league.
    yep, they did. I had to unlock all these only once on Normal and then I had it unlocked for all the characters on all difficulties So we have now at least one Quality of Life change.
    Stairs in Act 1 are gonna be the second important Quality of Life change

Yeash, that sounds like a ballache.

After a few attempts, getting hilariously pwnd by the boss, I decided to go play through act 4 and come back when I'm slightly higher level. I also got a solid tip from someone in general to use Immortal Call, supported with "Cast on damage taken". Seems like a fun combination that will work rather well with my current setup.
    I agree. Well, it is very very veeery suggested to do the Labirynth (Normal and Cruel) once You complete the Act 4 or even Act 1/Act 2 of the next difficulty.

What I do is once I hit like lvl 60 I do the Normal and Cruel Labs and even then Cruel Labs are dangerous, Izaro can still 2-3-shoot You.

yep, they did. I had to unlock all these only once on Normal and then I had it unlocked for all the characters on all difficulties So we have now at least one Quality of Life change.
    Stairs in Act 1 are gonna be the second important Quality of Life change

I agree. Well, it is very very veeery suggested to do the Labirynth (Normal and Cruel) once You complete the Act 4 or even Act 1/Act 2 of the next difficulty.

What I do is once I hit like lvl 60 I do the Normal and Cruel Labs and even then Cruel Labs are dangerous, Izaro can still 2-3-shoot You.
    i was 99 % sure that you need to do each difficulty for at least one character per league to open it up to the rest of them on that league.
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2017-02-10 at 10:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're saying that I shouldn't actually have attempted them at level 30 . To be fair, I got to the second boss and very nearly got him down, but was overwhelmed by the portals.

But yeah, I've decided to push on to act four, come back at 40ish and try again. Or possibly come back one I have the Cast on Damage Taken Immortal Call gem.

I'm assuming by your second statement it's possible to return to Normal Mode Labyrinth even once I've completed the game and I'm replaying on Cruel?

I'm assuming by your second statement it's possible to return to Normal Mode Labyrinth even once I've completed the game and I'm replaying on Cruel?
    Yes. You can return to a Normal Mode Lab anytime, just remember to pick the right difficulty from the map of Teleports.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. You can return to a Normal Mode Lab anytime, just remember to pick the right difficulty from the map of Teleports.
    Champion, I'm in less of a rush to complete it then. Tbh, I'm pretty much steamrolling everything I come across, I don't feel THAT inclined to fight through a fairly difficult Labyrinth in order to further increase my already prodigious durability.

I'll push through the rest of Normal, and maybe some of Cruel, when it gets to the point that I actually NEED that toughness boost, I'll go back and get it.

Ok, not quoting everything but definitely good pointers for the labyrinth - i just finished act 4 basically yoloing the last bosses. I think i'm too squishy right now while damage looks good. God damn blade flurry is awesome and awesome. Likely going to drop the Hatred aura and trying a Poacher/Assassin mark + Blasphemy.

Got my hands on CWC - now i'm going to try it as soon as i find an item with the right sockets.

Anyway, relinking my profile. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...ead/characters

Any tips for my Scion? Currently maining that - anyway everything is just learning now for 2.6.0 and SSF leagues.

Deleted
    Looking forward to the new act. I haven't played since act IV got released, and can't wait to slay some monsters again. I hope they release the patch in a time where I don't have to travel all the time so I can binge!

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember one of the reasons that I quit PoE the first time...

Global + Ele resist buffs don't increase Chaos Resist, but global ele resist nerf DO effect it. So you have to stack 60% PURE Chaos resist, without any outside buff, just to hit 0% resist in Merciless.

Not to mention that from Cruel onwards, they LOVE throwing Chaos resist on every other freakin monster.

I can't remember the last time I needed to stack any Chaos Res.