Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I couldn't even solo her in normal mode lol. Only boss so far that has given me a huge amount of troubles lol. I feel bad that I had to take a party to take her down. xD
    Piety is ridicolously easy in a party
    The hard part is that almost everything she does takes like 50% of your hp, she has an energy shield that recharges everytime you have to run because lol iceform shotgunattack that freezes and almost kills you
    With multiple characters the damage is more spread out and you can keep damaging her so that her shield doesnt recharge
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Since the servers are a bit wonky at the moment I researched a bit into how my "final" build will look for my summoner witch.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s..._Gnlv0njyBbw==

The problem may or may not be mana. I like using auras & curses and let my summons do the grunt work, I'm level 50 at the moment and mana is running dry a lot.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

There was apperently a DDOS on the game earlier today, this instability may be another one

Got a unique belt a bit before my last disconnect...hope i've had it long enough that it doesn't disappear

Perandus Blazon (belt)

+20-25 to all Attributes
    +20% to Fire Resistance
    8-15% Increased Quantity of Items Found
    20% increased Flask effect duration
    -2 Physical Damage Taken from Attacks

nifty reduces damage taken...even if it's only 2
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2013-01-26 at 08:20 PM.

Deleted
    Funny thing how no one mentions always online as a negative point for the game when it's FTP

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    Funny thing how no one mentions always online as a negative point for the game when it's FTP
    hehe, yea thats true. I'm somewhat glad inn someway that the servers are lagging trough. Surely that must prove that quit a few people are playing the open beta.

2-3 DC's tonight inbetween breaks from playing, its abit to much for my taste, so I'll let others enjoy the lag for tonight and play some other time
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    it is different, D3 is better in its ways, but path of exile doesn't dissapoint, it slightly surpasses D3.
    Only thing I miss from Diablo 3 is some of the chat system (not all of it though) and the friends list system. But it's only a smidgen better and certainly not worth playing D3 over this. lol
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Name one F2P game that isn't online...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post
    Name one F2P game that isn't online...
    Temple Run

Deleted

whoa ... that's a hell of a queue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post

whoa ... that's a hell of a queue
    I'm telling you, this game is a success

even though I won't abandon Diablo , I sure found myself another game I can have fun in

The freedom you get to build your character is awesome.

going Shadow melee.

Also a quick question: Do Templars go well with sword and board, or is spellcasting better with them?

Deleted
    I had 30k, just gave up on playing today.

I'm liking it so far. For a free to play game it is quite impressive. I love how they have adapted the sphere grid and materia concepts into this game. Two of my favorite forms of character progression together in perfect harmony. I also like their currency system.

A few gripes I have:
    -Act 1 was too short. If acts 2 and 3 are of similar length then there isn't going to be much content to go through. Perhaps they will be adding more acts over time?

-Targeting enemies when attacking can be difficult. I'll click an enemy to attack him and instead run right by him or swing my weapon inaccurately.

That's all I have at the moment. Now back to playing the game instead of talking about it.

edit: Woops nevermind. 22k people in queue ahead of me. Guess I'll find something else to do.
    Last edited by Xenogeist; 2013-01-26 at 10:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    I'm telling you, this game is a success
    They have issues with the server stability (whatever this means)

Its not so much the fact that its F2P but rather that its made by a small indie company. If this game was AAA I would definately complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenogeist View Post

A few gripes I have:
    -Act 1 was too short. If acts 2 and 3 are of similar length then there isn't going to be much content to go through. Perhaps they will be adding more acts over time?
    Act III difficultly level has been knocked up a notch. One map in particular took me almost 2 hours to solo. Don't forget when you clear all 3 maps you then start in Act I again on the next level of difficulty. At this point you should have your resists in check.

I currently logged in with a Que of 11K people after 15mins I'm at 1.5K. I think they are addressing some server issues and are limiting how many people can get in. Last night the game was riddled with lag spikes at around 12:00am+ PST.

As far as more Acts go I seen a dev spout as many as 10 acts are in the future plans with a release of one every 6-8 months but that could vary. After finishing this post I'm at 250ppl in the que it's "fairly" fast.

I like the game so far, but I don't see why people give d3 so much flack. I have had many more problems with lag and unplayability in path of exile than on d3. I'm level 38 hardcore now so I've played it a bit. I think the biggest change for me is that I normally wouldn't pick hardcore, but with the way the game is set up, it makes hardcore the way to go. Its much more exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Its not so much the fact that its F2P but rather that its made by a small indie company. If this game was AAA I would definately complain.
    Yep, that is where the huge difference is from Diablo and POE. If you don't consider all the hype that Diablo2 caused for Diablo3.

Nobody should have the right to down right criticize the game inn ways Diablo3 have had, when you don't haft to pay anything but your time to play it.

I'm glad to see that its possibel for indie company's make a game that has modest succes (Saw there open beta trailer on youtube has gotten like 200k views inn 1 week, thats cool). It will also promote the free-2-play model even more. Im thinking since LOL got so huge, the industry changed since then - Well that and the ever so increasing ammount of casual app-games.

Now lets hope Blizzard goes and copy some off the feature this game has, or atleast not remove any more things that Diablo2 had, but Diablo3 dosen't...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I didn't see that as a negative in Diablo 3 to be totally honest. Though I am not a Diablo 3 hater overall-- felt D3 was solid and fun to play.

Really can't think when offline play would be attractive to me. If for some reason my own connection were down or the servers down, I'd just play half a dozen other games.

YMMV in these matters. But online only is not an issue for me in any game.

Deleted
    finally finished work for a few days.. time for a beer and finally get to level my duelist using a claws / energy shield / leach shield build.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I couldn't even solo her in normal mode lol. Only boss so far that has given me a huge amount of troubles lol. I feel bad that I had to take a party to take her down. xD
    First time I killed her was in a party. Piety is way harder solo. I was unprepared for her raw damage and the speed it comes in solo.

Piety uses Arc. Arc is unerringly spell, it can not be dodged or out ranged. Arc always hits unless a player has spell block. Arc also applies a stacking 20% damage taken debuff from all sources each time Piety hits with it. Which is always!

What a bitch.