Ok, my builds is more or less fleshed out - i've been able to drop a Warlord's mark and mana is no more an issue, so i removed the mana leech nodes i had taken before, being able to stack more life and Evasion nodes. I'm going to take Elementalist and Assassin nodes in the Ascendancy tree.

I don't have many more points left now - can someone point me towards the best nodes from where i am now? I have also some respecs left (around 15 plus some regrets) so i can work someway on it.

My idea was to obtain cospri's malice + dual cospri's swords. Profile in sig.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok, my builds is more or less fleshed out - i've been able to drop a Warlord's mark and mana is no more an issue, so i removed the mana leech nodes i had taken before, being able to stack more life and Evasion nodes. I'm going to take Elementalist and Assassin nodes in the Ascendancy tree.

I don't have many more points left now - can someone point me towards the best nodes from where i am now? I have also some respecs left (around 15 plus some regrets) so i can work someway on it.

My idea was to obtain cospri's malice + dual cospri's swords. Profile in sig.
    Since you're going the evasion route, would consider taking Phase Acrobatics and then do a few (normal) atziri runs for the boots to go along with them, would give you a nice amount of dodge and spelldodge (they are rolled seperately vs evasion, so they go well together) - then probably pickup vaal pact along the way there (makes your life leech instant for an amazing surviveability boost) - and the left over points afterwards probably grab a jewel or two for sorting damage/resists?
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Hmm. I only hop in this thread now and then so sorry if this was covered before; mind if I ask why you're using CWC Bladefall when you only have physical damage with weapons passives (and thus no passives boosting the Bladefall)?

It also kinda looks strange that you're doing a physical/cold build without Hatred, but I can't really argue with Warlord's Mark Blasphemy and can see why HoI Ice Bite would be nice.

I personally think the biggest possible mistake on the passive tree one can make would be to not have enough Life/ES. I'd strongly consider getting at least the Golem's Blood cluster (in the Duelist section left of Cloth and Chain), and maybe the Hired Killer cluster (close to Harrier and True Strike). Possibly even seek out more Life nodes after that, but I'll leave it to you.

Master of the Arena is only 2 points away (1 point if you consider the Life node worth taking), which grants +2 weapon range among other nice bonuses; I haven't played Blade Flurry myself to know how much range you need, but for that small of an investment it's probably worth it. Weapon range increases both Blade Flurry's max range and AoE radius if I'm not mistaken.

And as Falagar said, Jewel nodes are good. Grab at least the one close to Harrier since you're adjacent to it, and consider the one close to Sentinel if you need the resists from the passives on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    Since you're going the evasion route, would consider taking Phase Acrobatics and then do a few (normal) atziri runs for the boots to go along with them, would give you a nice amount of dodge and spelldodge (they are rolled seperately vs evasion, so they go well together) - then probably pickup vaal pact along the way there (makes your life leech instant for an amazing surviveability boost) - and the left over points afterwards probably grab a jewel or two for sorting damage/resists?
    Uhm, sounds a good plan. Now that i have only a few points though i need to manage them really well - i'm 67 already and leveling now is becoming kinda slow (i still die sometimes plus not yet at act4 or farming maps). Plus League closes tomorrow(?) :P

Well, i'll just use the knowledge i gathered for the new SSF char in Legacy league and then move on SSF standard for the most part i suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    Hmm. I only hop in this thread now and then so sorry if this was covered before; mind if I ask why you're using CWC Bladefall when you only have physical damage with weapons passives (and thus no passives boosting the Bladefall)?
    I passed over Hatred just because i didn't have enough mana and i'm currenly leveling the Enlighten gem so i hope i'm able to fix that. As for Bladefall it's just because it has a nice aoe and its free spam deals not bad damage - though as i said there's stuff to fix.

it's the first real character i build in PoE seriously or at least with the goal of reaching endgame. Likely it's doesn't have half the stuff needed for that

- - - Updated - - -

Well, i found a way to hoard more life nodes and get the "major" ones suggested by @falagar112

LINKY LINK

I thought i could use Ice Spear instead of Bladefall for CWC.

I understand and I personally play with my own findings/designs too; I don't follow guides or trade so I don't generally have great gear or always optimal builds myself. (Though I often do play with friends rather than solo, but I'm on and off in PoE as a whole; some leagues I basically skip and I might take a break until 3.0 too.) And yeah, I get you're experimenting with your first character, hence my advice to always get more Life. If there's any one tip I could give to a new player regarding how to build your passive tree, it's that. As tempting as high damage/crit nodes may be, you shouldn't chase too many. And I generally only provide suggestions that you can change cheaply (such as vendor-purchasable gems).

It is true that CWC being mana-free is a benefit I hadn't considered. But yeah, given your passives, perhaps you can try out different Support gems on Blade Flurry. If your weapons are decent, maybe you'll do more damage with Concentrated Effect or Melee Physical Damage, for example. These support gems would increase your mana costs, but then you'll also do more Attack damage and leech more with your passives (though Warlord's Mark affects both attacks and spells), so maybe it'll even out.

Though on the note of decent weapons, don't forget about using Masters' crafting benches. Ignore the expensive mods for now, but even the cheap mods might help a ton, often to round out resists, or in the current case, adding some physical damage% to your off-hand. A mod that adds flat physical damage is applied before a mod that applies physical% damage, so for a physical Attack build, your weapons should always have both mods when possible.

Crafting still follows the rules of maximum 3 prefixes and maximum 3 suffixes, so sadly you can't add +flat physical damage to your current main hand.

EDIT: Ah, just saw your edit. While it may not be bad in the long run, personally, I would never build a plan based on being Lv 100. ;p Try to get all your major nodes before then. Though that said, don't forget that Scion's ascendancy tree will give you a few more normal Passive Points.
    Last edited by Shaiandra; 2017-02-27 at 03:58 PM.

Since you went for Acrobatics, Blade Barrier, under the duelist tree, loses value. Near Arcrobatics there is Swagger that with the same amount of points you get a bit more atk damage while dual wielding too.

I know because i tried a dual wield reave raider and i looked for dual wield nodes all around.... too bad the experiment wasn't that successfull but that's what i expected, expecially without trading at all. :P
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

@Shaiandra yeah, it's not planned for lvl 100, but i just wanted to try to see where i could get with each point so i could just ditch stuff too farm/expensive to reach. I'm still wondering if i really have to take stuff like Phase Acrobatics or i can just work my build with no major nodes (though i think i'll just get Vaal Pact because it's just there and easy to take for a good survivability buff.
    @Seifa thanks for pointers. I had some bunch of points thrown for fast dmg increases, now i can refine the build with things like that.

EDIT: silly me for not knowing - i could have build my char on projectile damage and Ice Spear from the very start.
    Cospri's malike + CWC = thousands of free ice spears nuking stuff around for free.

Uhm, sounds a good plan. Now that i have only a few points though i need to manage them really well - i'm 67 already and leveling now is becoming kinda slow (i still die sometimes plus not yet at act4 or farming maps). Plus League closes tomorrow(?) :P

Well, i'll just use the knowledge i gathered for the new SSF char in Legacy league and then move on SSF standard for the most part i suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

I passed over Hatred just because i didn't have enough mana and i'm currenly leveling the Enlighten gem so i hope i'm able to fix that. As for Bladefall it's just because it has a nice aoe and its free spam deals not bad damage - though as i said there's stuff to fix.

it's the first real character i build in PoE seriously or at least with the goal of reaching endgame. Likely it's doesn't have half the stuff needed for that

- - - Updated - - -

Well, i found a way to hoard more life nodes and get the "major" ones suggested by @falagar112

LINKY LINK

I thought i could use Ice Spear instead of Bladefall for CWC.
    That is looking good - altough as Seifa suggested, I would remove the 3 points from Blade Barrier and use them to pick up either Hired Killer or another jewel somewhere. Dualwield block build is definitely viable but then you go all out on block and block to spellblock conversion uniques to make it work, and skip evasion/dodge passives. Building for both is overkill nor would you be able to get it working even with the full 123 points

So just stick to dodge and evasion, its great and cheap to gear.

I think gearwise, biggest upgrade would be the atziri boots they would do a lot for your surviveability alongside phase acrobatics. Keep in mind that she can only drop 4 uniques, and that the boots are the 2nd most common drop, so if you do 2~3 runs you are very likely to get a pair - perfectly farmable.

PS I get the CWC hype, it's fun I am playing it myself - but if you want to stick to cold dmg there really is only one viable option and that is buying a whispering ice for icestorm -> which would require a different build (even though you can play it on a scion just fine!) or using vortex.

If you don't mind respeccing a bit (if you even have taken +cold% passives, I didn't check properly) I would give some fire spells a go instead. Like Fireball with rolling flame jewels or Firestorm, I think that would give you better damage.

Or of course just drop the whole CWC idea and use proper supports with blade flurry instead like Shaiandra suggested.
    @Coldkil

Here you can play around with this:
    https://poe.mikelat.com/

Then you can see if your enlighten is enough to run hatred, and if not, how many -% mana reservation nodes you need to pick up to do run it.
    Last edited by falagar112; 2017-02-27 at 04:18 PM.
    My DK

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    -snip-
    Thnaks, will try and post results.

EDIT: i have 2 or three fragments of the map already, but from what i read, it's going to take some setup before even trying to enter the map and try the boss.

Plus i've yet to unlock Zana XD
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-02-27 at 04:33 PM.

Thnaks, will try and post results.

EDIT: i have 2 or three fragments of the map already, but from what i read, it's going to take some setup before even trying to enter the map and try the boss.

Plus i've yet to unlock Zana XD
    1st boss:
    2x vaal smash guys, that get instacast buff when one dies - so you want to kill them roughly around the same time. They won't heal upon killing one. Ironically this is the hardest fight in the whole place if you have "to much" dps because you will instantly kill one when it comes up, and the other will instacast nuke you down. Found out the hard way when dying on uber vaals and oneshotting the rest of the place.

Bring a topaz flask for vaals.

2nd boss:
    This is probably the one you will wipe most on learning the fight. 3 different guys that get buffed depending on what order you kill them in, and leave a persistant cloud of death when they die - so don't kill them in a bad spot as you will run out of room

As for kill order - all that matters is that you kill the titty bitch in the middle of the room first. If she gets buffed from others dying before her, you will most likely lose all 6 portals trying - she hurts

These guys heal to 100% when you kill one, so don't try to yolo it

Bring a Granite and a Basalt flask, and have at least 1 bleed remove flask for this fight.

3rd fight/atziri:
    This is honestly easier as the 2nd fight - 3 phases.
    Phase 1: she just casts spears (you will just dodge them most likely) and small flame blasts (red) and lightning storms (yellow). Avoid the yellow, eat the red (see below), eat the spears, dps her down.

Phase 2: 75/50/25% hp so she repeats this 3 times. She splits into 4, each having their own ability. One of these is holding a mirror in her hand - if you even touch this split once, you are dead. It reflects 100% of dmg done. So be careful with aoe abilities. Other 3 have spear/flame blasts/lightning strikes. Trick here is just to find a non mirror one (you can see them before they actually activate) and pop flasks and nuke it down asap, as actually avoiding bad during this phase is near impossible.

Phase "3" she does this randomly a few times during the fight, she goes to the middle and becomes immune and summons adds that walk towards her. If they reach her they heal her up. This is super easy and is the time you can recharge your flasks.

Bring at least 2 ruby flasks and a bleed remove flask, make sure you *always* have a ruby flask up when she is not doing add phases so the small flameblasts wont kill you.

Randomly during the fight (she might never cast one or do it a few times, just rng, onyxias deep breath ... lol) she casts a huge flameblast. This WILL kill you even if you have ruby flask up, so run away like a little chicken or you're dead

Uber atziri is exactly the same but needs a minimum amount of hp/es to survive her basic atttack spears (they hit around 4k on uber, only 1k on normal) and the small flameblasts (same treshold) - and a little more dps to make sure you do her phase 2 fast enough before the incoming damage overwhelms you.

Just.... don't expect to succeed on the first set, its a fight you need to learn just like a raid boss in WoW really, but once you get the hang of the fights you can do it with your eyes closed pretty much. Practice makes perfect.

And bring those flasks I mentioned - I'm not kidding when I say that is half the fight already.

Last but not least, if you fail something in anything I just mentioned - phase acrobatics might just save your ass from everything, all her damage that kills you are spells. So keep that passive at least for farming atziri.

edit:
    that is also why her boots are so good, a max roll boots+phase acrobatics will give you 46% spelldodge, so half of everything she can do to kill you, you will dodge outright

- - - Updated - - -
    @Coldkil

If you want the helping hand I am happy to log in and give you a zana daily - then you can invite her in your hideout and do the dailies yourself, too.
    Last edited by falagar112; 2017-02-27 at 04:59 PM.
    My DK

Well, i'm trying to just finishing the game atm and tried a desert map which didn't end quite well. I don't know if i have too low dps and bad gear or if i'm just oneshot by stuff (mostly by lightning mages) but i'm having an hard time

Probably it's just the build that starts to suffer now. I moved some points around and i am at 2.8k hp as for now which is defnitely better - i'll have to get some skill points so i can get to at least Vaal Pact. Survivability is less and issue than oneshots.

Well, i'm trying to just finishing the game atm and tried a desert map which didn't end quite well. I don't know if i have too low dps and bad gear or if i'm just oneshot by stuff (mostly by lightning mages) but i'm having an hard time

Probably it's just the build that starts to suffer now. I moved some points around and i am at 2.8k hp as for now which is defnitely better - i'll have to get some skill points so i can get to at least Vaal Pact. Survivability is less and issue than oneshots.
    I notice you have a resistance flask equipped, are your resistances capped (75%) without it? Having to rely on that flask to cap is very dangerous, and uncapped resistances are #1 cause of deaths. So I would sort those resist first (you can craft a resistance using Haku his crafting bench if your gear has suffix slots free) before adding more hp. 2.8k is low still to start mapping, but being an evasion character that should still not be all that bad, and you still have quite some levels ahead that will add more hp.

DPS won't be the issue, maybe an issue on t10+ when you get there, but entry maps are very easy on dps requirement.

And yea if I am playing a leech build I pickup vaal pact very early, as early as being able to use warlord's mark which is like level 30 or so? It's a pretty mandatory pick, but I heard they will nerf it in 3.0 so maybe that will change things.

Still think it's resists uncapped, it usually is. I just farm dried lake merciless for some entry resist drops and use haku crafting bench to fix the rest. You can get resists on jewels too.

edit:
    offer stands, if you need a zana or other crafting done I'm happy to log in and do it, all my crafters are level 7 and leo 5.

I even have some gear (like the boots) if you just want to fuck around to test builds a little with the league ending soon?
    Last edited by falagar112; 2017-02-27 at 07:45 PM.
    My DK

Probably it's just the build that starts to suffer now.
    To be fair, Desert has one of the harder T1 bosses. If it's just the trash mobs killing you though, then yeah, I guess you will need some gear or slight fixes. As Falagar said, more life would help and you should have at least 75% of the three elemental resistances; you probably won't be getting 75% chaos res as well (or at least not any time soon). You should really look at what resistances you can get by crafting mods onto your rares (or also if you can add Life to items instead).

I personally feel that the three 18% resistance nodes right below the Scion's starting point are worth grabbing if needed. I'm not sure if they're worth spending refund points for, but perhaps consider them in your next few levels, or at least for future Scions.

And also as mentioned, Dried Lake is usually a prime farming location before mapping. However, do note that some enemies there have Bleeding attacks; as a general rule, I'd suggest trying to get/roll a Flask with the "of Staunching" suffix to cleanse bleeds. I feel Staunching and Heat flasks (cures Freeze/Chill) are pretty important overall.

One last thing to check: You can type "/passives" to see all the passives you've gotten from quests. If you've done half of A4 Merciless, you should have up to 24 passive points (reduced by the number of non-passive rewards you took from Deal with the Bandits), so if you have any fewer, be sure to go back for those quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    To be fair, Desert has one of the harder T1 bosses. If it's just the trash mobs killing you though, then yeah, I guess you will need some gear or slight fixes. As Falagar said, more life would help and you should have at least 75% of the three elemental resistances; you probably won't be getting 75% chaos res as well (or at least not any time soon). You should really look at what resistances you can get by crafting mods onto your rares (or also if you can add Life to items instead).

I personally feel that the three 18% resistance nodes right below the Scion's starting point are worth grabbing if needed. I'm not sure if they're worth spending refund points for, but perhaps consider them in your next few levels, or at least for future Scions.

And also as mentioned, Dried Lake is usually a prime farming location before mapping. However, do note that some enemies there have Bleeding attacks; as a general rule, I'd suggest trying to get/roll a Flask with the "of Staunching" suffix to cleanse bleeds. I feel Staunching and Heat flasks (cures Freeze/Chill) are pretty important overall.

One last thing to check: You can type "/passives" to see all the passives you've gotten from quests. If you've done half of A4 Merciless, you should have up to 24 passive points (reduced by the number of non-passive rewards you took from Deal with the Bandits), so if you have any fewer, be sure to go back for those quests.
    And this is all top notch advice too - esp flasks. As I mentioned on the atziri post, proper flasks are half the battle in PoE. You should have collected quite some augmentation and alteration orbs by now, it is time to use them to roll your flasks

For general mapping I would use:
    1 granite (jade would overcap you and 3000 armor on 0 base armor is insanely good)
    1 basalt (for the -20% phys dmg taken)
    1 instant heal life flask (seething flask of...) - instant heal is win
    1 big heal flask (saturated flask of..)

fifth is up to you, another life flask or maybe a quicksilver to speed things up.

then for suffixes as mentioned at least 1 staunching and heat for freeze/bleed remove.

Also since Shaiandra brought it up and it's a good point - if you have a jungle valley map, start with that - it's connected to Beach map which is imo the best farming low tier map in existence when starting out. Straight forward layout and a very easy boss (Hailrake from tidal island)

ps: use glassblower baubles to make your flasks 20% quality *before* you make them blue and roll them, they give 5% each on a white flask but only 2% each on a blue flask. You can use a scouring orb to make a flask white.
    Last edited by falagar112; 2017-02-27 at 08:31 PM.
    My DK

Has anyone of the more veteran ones ever tried a poison trapper?

Like bladefall with the jewel or simply Ice Trap+Pyre+Consuming dark x 2?

Would you suggest simply a bladefall crit trapper or a poison one?

Deleted
    So
    What are people planning on running for the new league?

Myself i have no idea what build to go for
    i might play around with some totems

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Has anyone of the more veteran ones ever tried a poison trapper?

Like bladefall with the jewel or simply Ice Trap+Pyre+Consuming dark x 2?

Would you suggest simply a bladefall crit trapper or a poison one?
    I have, with 4 of those jewels.
    pro:
    Damage is very nice, can do all but the 2 poison immune T16 bosses.(well they can be done but takes a long time)
    Doesn't need to much gear, even with the boots you can do almost everything.
    Can do Halls of the grandmasters.
    con:
    mana, you need to use mana potion, or invest alot in mana regen.
    breaches are a big nono.
    low health, i sit around 4.6k with capped chaos res(mings). Did try low life and CI, but doesn't seem worth the investment.

I use bino's , 1 mings,southbound , 4 coated shrapnels and a 6link chest(tabula/good rare/belly).
    Last edited by padie; 2017-02-28 at 09:21 AM.

@falagar112 and @Shaiandra thanks a lot. I will just stick to the original plan and go straight to Dried Lake - currently i have a resistance flask i don't acually use much and yes, resistances are uncapped still (fire is at 75%) so i have to focus on that first.

I think i'll just scrap the cold damage part of build because i don't have budget for cold damage nodes. Though i liked the idea of being a freakin machinegun plus elementalist grants me 30% more cold damage due to ice golem out. I'll just try it and see how it goes, but i'll have to reroll socket colors on boots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    What are people planning on running for the new league?
    I'm going for an Occulist Witch, lots of ES and Chaos damage. Probably using ED/Contagion.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30