Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Really can't think when offline play would be attractive to me. If for some reason my own connection were down or the servers down, I'd just play half a dozen other games.
    If you only play SC there is no reason to have anything against it, but if you dabble into HC its kind of annoying if you are losing geared max level characters because the server mess up instead of you fucking up by bad play. That is where having DRM on the game becomes a negativity.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2013-01-26 at 10:36 PM.

Deleted
    Can someone tell me how to get Power Charge, Endurance Charge and Frenzy Charge?

I recently got the Discharge gem but I can't use it because I got no Charge, and I don't know how to get any charge other than getting it on the tree talents. Does this mean it's only possible to get Charge from the tree talents or?

Edit: I just saw that there's a gem that grants you charge, called Power Siphon. I'm guessing this is how to get any kind of charge?
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-01-26 at 10:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ccexpert View Post
    I like the game so far, but I don't see why people give d3 so much flack.
    D3 was a well made game as it should be from blizzard but for me there was some serious core design flaws and that was mostly the RMAH which technically made the game p2w in my eyes. It's refreshing seeing people get rare item drops that are wait for it......actually good for them or another class. I spent to much time scouring the AH in D3 to upgrade my gear to progress I lost interest in that pretty quick. I don't channel my hate on games, I either like them and play or uninstall and move on I like that concept.

Deleted
    bah whats this queue time crap

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    That's what happens when you make a F2P open beta game that's actually good and has insane word of mouth spreading... Success.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The standard in the community for orb value is such: http://www.poeex.info/
    <3

/tencharacters

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    The queue time crap started when more people than GGG expected to download the game for open beta. This caused major downloading problems, meaning that if you have 20mb download internet, you would get around 1 or 2mb download during this time. Luckily, this is no longer happening, and you can download the game now without any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    If you only play SC there is no reason to have anything against it, but if you dabble into HC its kind of annoying if you are losing geared max level characters because the server mess up instead of you fucking up by bad play. That is where having DRM on the game becomes a negativity.
    I play HC. Still not a problem. Alt F4.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Can someone tell me how to get Power Charge, Endurance Charge and Frenzy Charge?
    Endurance charges: Enduring Cry [skill gem], Warlord's Mark [skill gem] and Ambu's Charge [unique item].
    Power charges: Power Siphon [skill gem] and Voll's Protector [unique item].
    Frenzy charges: Blood Rage [skill gem], Frenzy [skill gem], Terminus Est [unique item].

The passive tree only increase the number of, duration and additional effect of the respective charges. Otherwise you have to find means to regenerate charges via items or skills.

There have been amazing builds centered around Discharge alone:

Last edited by Fencers; 2013-01-26 at 11:08 PM.

Deleted
    Endurance charges: Enduring Cry [skill gem], Warlord's Mark [skill gem] and Ambu's Charge [unique item].
    Power charges: Power Siphon [skill gem] and Voll's Protector [unique item].
    Frenzy charges: Blood Rage [skill gem], Frenzy [skill gem], Terminus Est [unique item].

The passive tree only increase the number of, duration and additional effect of the respective charges. Otherwise you have to find means to regenerate charges via items or skills.

There have been amazing builds centered around Discharge alone:

[video=youtube_share;MSc6wTmFOlY]http://youtu.be/MSc6wTmFOlY[video]
    Sounds too hard for me to build that..... :p

Atm atleast, even so, lol. Building into discharge seems like a lot of trouble because you need specific gems and items it seems. Though it's an interesting build tbh.

Sounds too hard for me to build that..... :p

Atm atleast, even so, lol. Building into discharge seems like a lot of trouble because you need specific gems and items it seems. Though it's an interesting build tbh.
    Dude, "builds" are things you plan around from level 1 to 100. One doesn't typically pick a build willy nilly with the same degree of effectiveness or expertise as a planned build.

When experienced players usually speak of a Build, such as say EKBT, they it was planned out before they ever clicked Create New Character.

Or to resurrect a nugget of wisdom from Global Chat:

Noob: My build sucks lol
    Random Dude: What kind of build?
    Noob: Ranger.
    Fencers: Ranger is not a build.
    Noob: I don't know. I just picked whatever looked good.
    Fencers: Then you don't have a build really.
    Noob: lol

Just forced Piety to retreat from the Crematorium with a Summoner build. She killed an entire nation of skeletons before retreating. I can't imagine what she's going to be like the next time I run into her. Any summoner advice beyond "keep summoning skeletons as fast as you can while dodging the giant orbs of doom?"
    Last edited by Cyclone Jack; 2013-01-26 at 11:47 PM.

Deleted
    Bah, I'm just a noob, Fencers, just like that Noob from the Nugget of Wisdom.

I don't know, I don't know what to say, I'm just learning atm, so I don't understand a lot of things. I'm just trying to take it easy atm and enjoy. I plan on being pretty decent in this so we'll see how I go.... :p

And hopefully, I'll understand and manage to do everything on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Any summoner advice beyond "keep summoning skeletons as fast as you can while dodging the giant orbs of doom?"
    No. Piety is an insane boss.

2 of my guild mates died to her in Cruel. 2 more died in Merc to Piety while duoing. Arc/orb combo got them just as they were potting/running to the portal.

She only gets exponentially tougher. Piety's spike damage is so fast and hard.

Bah, I'm just a noob, Fencers, just like that Noob from the Nugget of Wisdom.

I don't know, I don't know what to say, I'm just learning atm, so I don't understand a lot of things. I'm just trying to take it easy atm and enjoy. I plan on being pretty decent in this so we'll see how I go.... :p

And hopefully, I'll understand and manage to do everything on my own.
    Hehe. I was just relating to you not to be overwhelmed or overly worried.

Discharge is nice but its something that needs to be planned for. Just like EKBT, GS wallers or ColdCrit builds. Don't get hung up on all the skills and builds till you have a firm grasp on the game.

Just play.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-01-27 at 12:24 AM.

Is there a database with all of the skills and their stats per level? I really wish you could see what the stats are going to be on a skill before leveling it up.

nm, found one.
    Last edited by Cyclone Jack; 2013-01-27 at 12:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noob question, but how are you supposed to use Enduring Cry when it only lasts 0.20 secs?

I don't know why the announcements of hardcore deaths on the ladder are so exciting.

A few of the top ladder players died this evening. Including the #1 guy on the ladder who died liked 15 mins ago. It was thrilling! lol
    Where do you see this announcements? Its ingame? Played few hours did not notice even once.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Noob question, but how are you supposed to use Enduring Cry when it only lasts 0.20 secs?
    Not had a look at it since the OB but it normally lasts longer...past the cooldown anyway so you can stack the three charges...there's also a few nodes that increase the duration by 18%

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 12:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Where do you see this announcements? Its ingame? Played few hours did not notice even once.
    It would be in the chat box but would show even if you hide global and trade chat....think it's like the top 20 or so players deaths will be announced

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Is there a database with all of the skills and their stats per level? I really wish you could see what the stats are going to be on a skill before leveling it up.

nm, found one.
    There is the wiki but its not super up to date and sometimes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    There are passive nodes which increase duration, support gems that increase duration and the gem itself scales.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Global chat has to be enabled to see it. Only in hardcore, I believe. Think it would be senseless in softcore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    It would be in the chat box but would show even if you hide global and trade chat....think it's like the top 20 or so players deaths will be announced
    Wouldn't that be like, public shaming or something?

haha. It's kinda funny in my mind. :p

Global chat has to be enabled to see it. Only in hardcore, I believe. Think it would be senseless in softcore.
    Ah, good. I too think it'd be bad if everyone could see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Not had a look at it since the OB but it normally lasts longer...past the cooldown anyway so you can stack the three charges...there's also a few nodes that increase the duration by 18%

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 12:58 AM ----------

Nevermind, i meant Immortal cry. Guess that means i have to obtain some that gives me charges so that i may discharge them IC right