Ah, I definitely would go Crit for this build, yes. With the amount of Bow crit available and all in the right side of the tree (and King of the Hill's mod), it's practically hard to imagine a crit-less bow build. I wonder how many more elemental attack passives they're adding/improving down in the Ranger part of the tree. The planned tree changes all sound promising for elemental archers. (If Shrapnel Shot Traps didn't sound good, I would've considered a simple Ice Shot Ranger of some sort.)

I'll look into the Raider passives again; while the phasing => dodge/spell dodge sort of stuff would be nice, I'm worried that there are a lot of attack speed passives (including Onslaught) that don't really help my Traps' DPS. Though to be fair, defensive utility is a large part of Ascendancy classes too.

I generally play for the short-term and don't care if I have legacy items in Standard; after a league ends I just wait until the next league (or even the one after..), so my Standard stash has like 50+ Remove-Only tabs that have never been organized. ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    WooT, cleared Cruel Labs... Just in time to start a new character in tomorrow's league XD.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    Yea it makes all your spelldamage nodes doubledip, it's an amazing helm.
    2 spells on CwC makes both spells alternate rather then make them cast simultaneously unfortunately, so it's not worth it.

edit: works on physical attacks only, of course, so wouldn't affect EK etc, it's more for the wander idea you had.

- - - Updated - - -

I will miss this

When people QQ about the games performance and "poor optimization" this is basically what they are doing and i'd like to see another engine try it(shit ain't going to go better on another engine)

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    When people QQ about the games performance and "poor optimization" this is basically what they are doing and i'd like to see another engine try it(shit ain't going to go better on another engine)
    Double feeling about it.

Things like the current AoE nerf are done to make builds like this a little easier on the engine. Yes I would love them to upgrade the engine instead - but there is really only so much you can do.

The problem is exactly the same as in diablo 3. I don't know if you played during energy twister wizard times, but what you see in that video was happening in diablo as well. And I have a feeling Blizzard as a company can do quite a bit more server stability wise.

On top of that - some people only make builds with the intention of trolling around in random farming parties. I know this because I have several guildies that do exactly that (and I refuse playing with them just because of that, lol) and as you said, those are the people complaining :P

I have tried this one league just to see how bad it was - 12 projectile molten strike at 15/second attacks dualwielding mjolner with 2 arcs in each......... I'm sure we all know how that ended - many disconnects were had
    Last edited by falagar112; 2017-03-02 at 10:21 PM.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda want to try a "Thor" build. Fairly tanky melee char with Mjolnir, Tempest Shield, Herald of Lightning, all that jazz. Can't seem to find a decent one though.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Deleted
    16 hours *heavy breathing*

I'll probably start with SRS and then see what looks nice later.
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2017-03-03 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Lol what the fuck did i just see.
    IDK, but it makes my PC nervous...

Well having played this season as RF, think I'll give a necro a shot.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    16 hours *heavy breathing*

I'll probably start with SRS and then see what looks nice later.
    SRS is a great league starter, I did it at the start of Breach. Got me to T15 maps. One thing I wished I had known at the start though - dont neglect Raise Zombie. With the nerf to SRS numbers (20 max) you'll definatly WANT more meat shields for mobs to target, or you will be swarmed during breaches etc. A zombie/golem +2 supports in a +2 minion helmet goes a long way to providing safety for you.

With vaal haste and disc nerfed into the ground, I'm not sure you should bother with any vaal skill except maybe vaal molten shell+increased duration+life leech as an ohshit button, that is pretty amazing on a life/armor build.
    Eh saying you wont be running vaal haste after it got nerfed by some 5% is a bit of a long shot really, vaal haste will still bring a major dps boost for bossing and uber izaro etc. Usually you have more than enough links to run a vaal haste with increased duration aswell and the benefits are there.
    Also I would say vaal lightning trap for shocked ground on bosses is still 100% viable since it wasn't really targetted hard by any nerfs and was run before 2.6.

Quote Originally Posted by Tremin View Post
    Eh saying you wont be running vaal haste after it got nerfed by some 5% is a bit of a long shot really, vaal haste will still bring a major dps boost for bossing and uber izaro etc. Usually you have more than enough links to run a vaal haste with increased duration aswell and the benefits are there.
    Also I would say vaal lightning trap for shocked ground on bosses is still 100% viable since it wasn't really targetted hard by any nerfs and was run before 2.6.
    It is not so much the damage alone, it's duration also got nerfed from 6 to 4 seconds baseline - so unless you can make it a proper link with inc. duration, I doubt it's worth to run VHaste
    and correct, never said all vaal skills are useless now, was talking about his specific build I wouldn't consider any of them.
    Vaal Lightning Trap and Vaal Molten Shell are both still amazing vaal skills for example. Let alone Vaal Spark
    My DK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    You won't, it is possible to make such a character but you won't be able to do higher end stuff because the damage will just not be there.
    heh, fair enough. Is there ANY viable Mjolnir build, with the new changes to Mjolnir?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    heh, fair enough. Is there ANY viable Mjolnir build, with the new changes to Mjolnir?
    https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...112/characters

Character: Hummingbirdi

Viable? yes, more then - quite faceroll actually.
    But.. will lag you out and/or crash your game
    My DK

Here's me being boringly safe and whipping up some crummy flame totem build. Probably figure out something more exciting later on in the league so I have something to fall back on in case it doesn't pan out or I die.

10+ Year Old Account
    But.. will lag you out and/or crash your game
    I'm fine with a little lag, if it means I can be Thor

Going to start off with my ED/Con build, but as soon as I have Mjolnir, I'm totally rerolling.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2017-03-03 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    When you factor in that one-handed weapons got buffed, the end result it turns out to be a very minor nerf.
    Well, good anyway The bad thing about my build currently is a) the low defense and b) poor choice in nodes that now has me stuck in hoarding defenses to survive merc without having a good damage output (i mean i have 1200 dps char sheet full buffs on at lvl69). I can do stuff, but it's clear it will be falling short.

Anyway with the free respec i can rework the build while keeping the same skill setup so nothing of value will be lost. Especially since the whole lower-right corner of the three is getting lots of changes and i have invested everything there.

EDIT: When are they going to update the passive tree on the website for 2.6.0? While i'm going full SSF on my templar from tonight, i plan to reroll both the shadow and scion on SSF leagues.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-03-03 at 01:08 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Okay time to go to bed and hopefully wake up a bit before the league starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    EDIT: When are they going to update the passive tree on the website for 2.6.0? While i'm going full SSF on my templar from tonight, i plan to reroll both the shadow and scion on SSF leagues.
    The website is tied to the in-game data so it will be updated with the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I'm fine with a little lag, if it means I can be Thor

Going to start off with my ED/Con build, but as soon as I have Mjolnir, I'm totally rerolling.
    You have performed to many actions, you have been disconnected from Path of Exile .. kinda lag
    It's funny.. some way.
    But to play it you will need 2 mjolners and a random helmet with +2 molten strike projectiles.
    Then to get it to endgame level you will need to stack Grand Spectrums (4% ele dmg ones)

edit:
    it was a super nice lab farmer, could ignore all traps and just facetank argus/izaro.
    My DK

10+ Year Old Account
    You have performed to many actions, you have been disconnected from Path of Exile .. kinda lag
    Ah, that's probably a bit much .

Especially as I'm planning to play SSF, this build is probably a little outside of my grasp... But IF I somehow manage to get 2xMjolnir, I reckon I could set up some kind of Arc/Double Strike Mjolnir based fuckery. Especially with the new buffs to Mjolnir, it could be rather fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    The website is tied to the in-game data so it will be updated with the patch.
    Ok, thanks. I won't be able to play until tomorrow morning anyway :P

EDIT: I suppose that to play PoE decently you have to make build focused on big nukes because many nukes will just make you crash XD
    Quality over quantity?
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.