1. #921
    Quote Originally Posted by Sefoo View Post
    This may be a noob question but its my first beta and i wonder.When the game actually launches,can i continue with my character from beta?
    This is the launch. Open Beta is a soft release.

    And yes, there will be no more character wipes.

  2. #922
    I do agree with the group loot system being terrible. It was one of my main gripes with Borderlands 1. and when they didn't fix it for the second game, It just left a bad taste in my mouth and I never finished it. (Altough PoE's system is slightly better.)
    Testing: Will probably be toooooo big.

  3. #923
    It seems like PoE is getting DDoSed or something. Game and website aren't responding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

  4. #924
    Went for a cup of tea in what I thought was a relatively safe zone, died. Lvl 25 for my first char.

  5. #925
    Elemental Lord Dezerte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,055
    I also agree that the loot system in groups is pretty terrible.

    But not such a huge deal, there's still that small timer on loot. And I can understand why the devs. wanted it that way (to make looting in groups exhilarating/rage-inducing).
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

    The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

  6. #926
    Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    It seems like PoE is getting DDoSed or something. Game and website aren't responding.
    I was about to ask if something like this was happening to someone else, since I can't log in either. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I also agree that the loot system in groups is pretty terrible.
    I don't mind the system as it is, if you're playing alone or with an irl friend/someone you trust/etc, if not, then I agree that is somewhat bad because people can just ninja everything it drops lol.

  7. #927
    During this downtime can we discuss builds? I want to know about builds that are very efficient at killing hordes of enemies. So far all I've found that was good for it was a 2h Marauder using a defensive build so that you can handle the damage and just ground slam everything. Kinda want to try a magic build though as a witch or templar.

  8. #928
    Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    I do agree with the group loot system being terrible. It was one of my main gripes with Borderlands 1. and when they didn't fix it for the second game, It just left a bad taste in my mouth and I never finished it. (Altough PoE's system is slightly better.)
    The game is based off the atmosphere of previous ARPG games such as the Diablo franchise, where quick looting was practiced (if you were playing in a group, and wanted an item, you'd have to be fast to get it). PoE still has this kind of atmosphere, but allows players a chance to get to the randomized loot assigned to them in a timely manner.

    Diablo III's worst feature, imo, is the loot system where there is loot assigned to every player from every mob.

  9. #929
    I will never finish Act 2 this way. I've done the first sidequest about 6 times now. The first 4 times I got DC'd before finding the WP at the second level. Now I'm after the WP and every time I get close, the servers blow up :P

  10. #930
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsz View Post
    The game is based off the atmosphere of previous ARPG games such as the Diablo franchise, where quick looting was practiced (if you were playing in a group, and wanted an item, you'd have to be fast to get it). PoE still has this kind of atmosphere, but allows players a chance to get to the randomized loot assigned to them in a timely manner.

    Diablo III's worst feature, imo, is the loot system where there is loot assigned to every player from every mob.
    In my opinion that was one the things Diablo 3 did right.
    Testing: Will probably be toooooo big.

  11. #931
    Rain of arrows and poision arrow I like them more not leveled up ... much more spammy that way, more spammy more fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    It seems like PoE is getting DDoSed or something. Game and website aren't responding.
    It's probably just the server load that does this. Happens in the evening when more and more ppl join. On that accord it's good that after crash they roll back a bit ... deaths that occur because of the crash should be mitigated by it.

    My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

  12. #932
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsz View Post
    The game is based off the atmosphere of previous ARPG games such as the Diablo franchise, where quick looting was practiced (if you were playing in a group, and wanted an item, you'd have to be fast to get it). PoE still has this kind of atmosphere, but allows players a chance to get to the randomized loot assigned to them in a timely manner.

    Diablo III's worst feature, imo, is the loot system where there is loot assigned to every player from every mob.
    Stealing things with sorceress in d2? Button mashing as melee on anything unique or green?

    Heh, hell no.

  13. #933
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    During this downtime can we discuss builds? I want to know about builds that are very efficient at killing hordes of enemies. So far all I've found that was good for it was a 2h Marauder using a defensive build so that you can handle the damage and just ground slam everything. Kinda want to try a magic build though as a witch or templar.
    Dunno what is effective ... 2h weapons seem to do a lot of damage, so something along those lines can be good. I started with this physical damage ranger and that's just too weak dps wise.

    My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

  14. #934
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I don't mind the system as it is, if you're playing alone or with an irl friend/someone you trust/etc, if not, then I agree that is somewhat bad because people can just ninja everything it drops lol.
    I'm guessing the argument for goes something like "It gives the option to play with randoms but promotes social connections with other players", something I'm not really opposed to, sure it can be a pain if you want to run pubbie groups over making in game friends but to be fair we have enough of that type of games already on the market.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  15. #935
    Im a level 30 templar and those damn caster skeletons in waterfall cave / ancient pyramid still hit hard! Geez

  16. #936
    Elemental Lord Dezerte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Path of Exile ‏@pathofexile
    The realm crashed as we hit a new record of 69850 players online. We're working on fixing the problem!
    Details
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

    The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

  17. #937
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I will never finish Act 2 this way. I've done the first sidequest about 6 times now. The first 4 times I got DC'd before finding the WP at the second level. Now I'm after the WP and every time I get close, the servers blow up :P
    LOL I went through the pyramid 4 times yesterday on my summoner due to disconnects.

  18. #938
    All chars gone (I know they'll be back)
    Testing: Will probably be toooooo big.

  19. #939
    If you are missing characters just relog.

    My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

  20. #940
    11k queue. Not bad

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •