I have to say...it is very odd that you cannot see floating numbers of damage you do to trash mobs / bosses....how can you tell how well you are gearing or feel epic in any way when you cannot see your damage done?

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I have to say...it is very odd that you cannot see floating numbers of damage you do to trash mobs / bosses....how can you tell how well you are gearing or feel epic in any way when you cannot see your damage done?
    Things die.

Downed Piety with my dual claw Shadow. This is mostly a test char to see how well I can build up evasion (and survive), but it has been quite fun and I've hit the edge of death many times (I'm almost positive I've hit 1HP on a number of occasions).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Stupidly weak at the start to the point of useless.

Stupidly powerful late game to point of game breaking.
    That sounds like the exact class for me . I always like to play the class that starts off weak, but ends up GODLIKE. Monks in the Ragnarok online spring to mind. Or if anyone remembers this shitty game Monks in Racewarkingdoms, who were weaker than a 2day old kitten till you maxed Monk Discipline, then once it was maxed could oneshot just about anything in game naked
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Things die.
    Like that attempt at humour

Seriously, that is a bad design choice in my opinion.

What humor Stuf dying is much better dps meter than numbers flying above monsters.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    What humor Stuf dying is much better dps meter than numbers flying above monsters.
    Yeah...I disagree and agree with the guy you´re answering. Hes right. I dont mind it tho but i see the point if you want to know how much dmg you do to mobs instead of just hitting things randomly without being able to see how well you progress with ny items, armors, weapons, gems and so on

Big numbers above your targets is the same as opening your character sheet and read how much damage a spell does. If you had asked for a damage parser I'd see where you wanted to go with it but numbers across you screen is worth as much as no numbers, unless you are autistic and can parse the numbers in real time, something that would make you a very small minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    On another note, hate how many gems are basicly nothing worth and things like Reduced mana/Chain support gems are really hard to get. GGG should have made much better drops rates on spells and questes should be giving out spells alot more often.
    You only believe this is the case because you are starting out.

In a few months you will have more skill gems than the option and slots to use them even on 24 total slots per 24 characters.

I had a second account of 18 alts just to hold the excess gems I would collect. Even now, 1 week into OBT, I have 2 stash pages of duplicate gems and "trash" gems. About to make my first mule for all this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Would this be a normal summoner witch build you're talking about?
    Just a typical Witch summoner with all the minion passives and minion gear.

Also, I'm a bit sad with the prices of the microtransactions store. I don't mind buying skins etc. for games, but these are really really expensive. I guess they did the math and put the prices at the right point, but in my case, I would have bought some if they were cheaper, and now I didn't buy any.
    They seemed priced comparable to the skins in League of Legends. Which is widely regarded as the most ideal F2P pricing model to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    As a summoner, how important is it to level up my summon gems? There's so much about not leveling them being talked about in here, but even with talents, I must level them up some I presume?
    Very important. Summoners are one of the few builds which MUST level their gems immediately and continually.

Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    Okok, but I never find this oo so revered spell totem. xD
    It's a quest reward for 4 out of 6 classes. Not rare. You are just wallowing in the low level-vile.

In wow and D3...i can tell how much damage I am doing (generally) by the numbers, there is no context in POE. All you have is a health bar. In D3 it is more pleasing to the eye and just feels right.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 05:47 PM ----------

What would be the reasoning of leaving this aspect out when the vast majority has them in? Just seems odd and out of place, for me it's a deal breaker.

What would be the reasoning of leaving this aspect out when the vast majority has them in? Just seems odd and out of place, for me it's a deal breaker.
    Developer felt the numbers were visual clutter and gave no real information. Only arbitrary information.

In a 2 hour interview with Chris Wilson [lead dev] and Kripparian, Wilson explained that while the desire for dmg numbers was there it was ultimately superfluous to design.

Another dev stated that floating dmg numbers have to be; All [everything possible], Crits [make you feel good about yourself] or none. The first 2 being useless and not any true information. With crits being able to be visually told by other means and none is of course the current and preferred state of things. I believe this was Johnathan, the lead engine designer.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-01 at 05:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    They seemed priced comparable to the skins in League of Legends. Which is widely regarded as the most ideal F2P pricing model to date.
    That's probably why I haven't bought anything yet... :/

It looks very pricey because of LoL. Though I hope to get atleast one thing from there, someday.

Well I guess that answers my question and back to D3 for me. Yeah I know that it may feel superfluous , I just do not like that it is not in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love if the awesome Mods of MMO-Champ would make a sub-forum for PoE. Its a pain having to read through this whole thread to educate myself on some of the info being shared. It would be alot more convenient.

Naturally, not everyone sees $10 or $20 for a cosmetic option or skin feasible to their finances. I think it's fairly trivial cost, personally. Even more so in that the visual effects are largely account wide and non destructive. So it's not like GGG is fleecing you for $10 to play the game and experience ALL CONTENT-- which can be done freely and without limitation.

But yea, I guess $20 is a bigger deal for some people.

The stash tabs are priced at like $5 per, $3 if you take a package. Which is fairly reasonable for an actual beneficial perk. And this too is account and league wide. So I'd say apprehension here is mostly unwarranted for the majority of adults with disposable income.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    I'd love if the awesome Mods of MMO-Champ would make a sub-forum for PoE. Its a pain having to read through this whole thread to educate myself on some of the info being shared. It would be alot more convenient.
    We can't make this. Only admins can, and in order for that to happen, this thread needs to be very active to justify just a sub forum for it.

Deleted
    Got to say im loving the fuck out of this game right now. Going Kripp style and farming during wipes when progressing on Empress in WoW

Just got to the start of act 3 and the last boss in act 2 holy balls batman, took me like 30 minutes to kill, no joke. Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    That's probably why I haven't bought anything yet... :/

It looks very pricey because of LoL. Though I hope to get atleast one thing from there, someday.
    I had to go back and look at the prices again after seeing the comment Fencers quoted and this one, I just can't see what the problem is, it's one of the more fairly priced micro transaction stores I seen, especially as the game is completely free with no actual restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    Extremely unlikely. This single thread would have to get like 10x the traffic it does now. And even then would probably not get a sub forum.

We don't make sub forums willy nilly.

Me and Elrendil fighting Piety in hardcore league, final Act 3 boss.

I was a little scared because it was my first time fighting this boss, but all went smooth.