Indeed.

I just had a drop, UNIQUE, from Brutus, a Quiver, on Merciless! And I lost it because I was stupid, bag was full, fml. xd
    Last edited by Majad; 2013-02-04 at 03:02 AM.

Is it too much to ask for individual drops? Or maybe a round robin system?

No, it is not too much to ask.

To be frank, I don't quite like the huge influx of noobs to the game. Yea, I am sorta elitist and stand-offish by nature. However. The best thing to come out of more people playing the game is a real outcry against the loot system.

In CBT a lot of POE white knights kept defending the loot system against a minority. Insular game community has it's collective head up their own collective arse-- shocking to hear, I know.

Thank the heavens for every single newb out there with the good sense to say, "This party loot system sucks. Like, lots."

Last dev update hinted internally GGG were "discussing" their policy on party loot.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-04 at 03:30 AM.

I guess that's a start, really need a decent system that would reduce the ninja, atleast with pugs.

I've only grouped twice up until Merciless ( one being to do a couple of runs of fellshrine on cruel and the other to kill cruel Piety ).
    The fellshrine runs I did, people would just literally stop attacking to go get any rare / orbs and that got old pretty quick.
    Cruel Piety was worse; I only managed to pick up the key while all the other drops got ninja'd.

Is there any place I can quickly and efficiently check what changes when I upgrade certain gems? I'm planning to try and recreate a Survival Hunter, but google just gives me a bunch of forum topics -.-
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I don't think you're having so much a thought but rather complete mental diarrhea all over the internet and your keyboard and it's not pretty or even logical.

That's at least a little encouraging. When you were discussing the trading system and its cutthroat nature, I had assumed that the loot system was a part of that - a cutthroat system where the quickest and smartest won out. That being said, it doesn't reward players equally for their effort, and I don't really think that's something worth carrying over from more hardcore systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Is there any place I can quickly and efficiently check what changes when I upgrade certain gems? I'm planning to try and recreate a Survival Hunter, but google just gives me a bunch of forum topics -.-
    http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Skill_Gems#Gems

And oh, I just noticed, they changed the layout of the site, about time.

Well, that was so obvious I kinda feel like a moron now xD

Gonna start the project when I've caught up with Robotics;Notes, only four episodes left^^
    I don't think you're having so much a thought but rather complete mental diarrhea all over the internet and your keyboard and it's not pretty or even logical.

Looks like Fire Trap, Explosive Arrow, Poison Arrow, Freeze Mine, and Puncture. There's room for more, but those are the one's I think would fit most.

I agree that the loot system is simply not good for playing with people you don't know, but so far I've been playing with friends so we have been sharing loot and currency for the most part goes to who it was allocated for. So ... essentially we can ignore the looting system. On bosses though where tonnes drop, figuring out quickly who's yellow or the like was whose is a ... touch impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Looks like Fire Trap, Explosive Arrow, Poison Arrow, Freeze Mine, and Puncture. There's room for more, but those are the one's I think would fit most.
    That's what I was thinking, too. I swear, thanks to WoW I'm a complete nutjob for the trap-using archer xD

Already having a blast with Fire Trap, at least^^
    Last edited by Calzaeth; 2013-02-04 at 06:29 AM.

Game is going to be down for a while to deploy a patch it seems.

I'm back on Maj newb come play :O

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    I'm back on Maj newb come play :O
    Oh, it's already on? I thought this would take some time... :p

Yeah, only a couple of quick fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Silverbranch is super common in all honesty. Only good for a few levels too. Was an okay trade.

One day you will have like 8 Silverbranches in stash and will be giving them away in act 1 normal just to get rid of the damn things. Uniques in POE are not like legendary items in D2. Where in D2 legendaries were usually power upgrades and very hard to come by. That is the total opposite of POE-- in POE, you can even craft a unique. Unique items are not always direct power upgrades. Some of them are worse than rares, but fill a unique role.
    Yeah, I read about those. I really love that to be honest. Opens up new build options when you find them. Very cool idea of GGG right there.

Exactly about Silverbranch, there were like 3 people in chat looking for it. I knew I had one and was like...why do people want this?
    My ranger used it for about half a level only, that's why I thought a chaos and regret was a pretty good deal.

Cheers =)

Well I'm glad they (Might) fix the loot aswell. Will give me a better reason to play co-op, something I did constantly inn Diablo2. (Trough the nature off that game was RUSH RUSH RUSH RUSH RUSH RUSH, until like level 85, and few times you would stop and do you're own things like hellforge while lvling)

One thing I always renember is that while getting boosted on ball runs by the useal bots, Id just be ready to ninja loots like the 30k gold items if I wanted gold and so on. Its less fun playing this way, worrying about loots you might loss out on.
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Well I'm glad they (Might) fix the loot aswell. Will give me a better reason to play co-op, something I did constantly inn Diablo2. (Trough the nature off that game was RUSH RUSH RUSH RUSH RUSH RUSH, until like level 85, and few times you would stop and do you're own things like hellforge while lvling)

One thing I always renember is that while getting boosted on ball runs by the useal bots, Id just be ready to ninja loots like the 30k gold items if I wanted gold and so on. Its less fun playing this way, worrying about loots you might loss out on.
    You're not making much sense. First of all, it's Baal runs. Second, bots might occasionally join one such game, but it would never be composed of bots and third, gold had literally no value. Like..none whatsoever. And the game wasn't about ninja looting. Grabbing loot was part of the challenge.

Dreadlord
    Only went into a public group once for Cruel Merveil, all the possibly good loot was gone in an instant, but I wasn't really interested in that anyway, only joined the group 'cause I doubted my crappy Shadow's capabilities against her

Not sure why people defend the system, really. It's not encouraging anything positive.

Thankfully I can still have fun party times without having to worry about rushing for yellow letters by just grouping up with the few friends that are playing the game. Won't reach 6 party members for the full benefits, but eh.