1. #1841
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Thankfully I can still have fun party times without having to worry about rushing for yellow letters by just grouping up with the few friends that are playing the game. Won't reach 6 party members for the full benefits, but eh.
    Yeah, grouping with friends is pretty fun. Sadly, all the people I wanted to play with have: Died, quit or just plainly don't want to play more than a couple hours a week.

  2. #1842
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    You're not making much sense. First of all, it's Baal runs. Second, bots might occasionally join one such game, but it would never be composed of bots and third, gold had literally no value. Like..none whatsoever. And the game wasn't about ninja looting. Grabbing loot was part of the challenge.
    There were bots that hosted runs 24/7, which he might be referring to. It definitely takes a little bit of the sport out of leveling when you just join their channel to see what the game name is/when the game is made and follow them around for a few hours. Let's be honest - where do you think the vast majority of 99s came from? =p
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  3. #1843
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    You're not making much sense. First of all, it's Baal runs. Second, bots might occasionally join one such game, but it would never be composed of bots and third, gold had literally no value. Like..none whatsoever. And the game wasn't about ninja looting. Grabbing loot was part of the challenge.
    Ok first of all, baal runs was pretty much all one did while lvling. So yes, baal runs does make sence to mention.

    2nd, bots were always inn thoes games, unless you got a actual person that wanted to rush you. Baal runs were the prime way to play Diablo2, its all I pretty much did, until I got to a sertain level/gear point/got bored and made a new build/character.

    And 3rd gold does have value inn Diablo2. I traded gold before to people, and when you were buying things at the vendor often I would spend it eventueally. And repairs cost quit abit.

    I never mentioned ninja as part of the game either, dont know where you got that from. All I was saying is that its not fun to have space button held down the hole baal run, so you can be ready to snipe loot, or be right up at bosses as they are about to die, Instead of focusing on the game and actually play.
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

  4. #1844
    http://www.twitch.tv/nl_kripp/b/363808182?t=321m07s - http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/..._reduced_stun/

    lol, damn right nolife shiet

    stunlocking bosses...siiiiiiiiiiick


    WILL get nerfed. wonder how they will nerf it though...diminishing returns? o_O
    Last edited by tangosmango; 2013-02-04 at 10:54 AM.

  5. #1845
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    There were bots that hosted runs 24/7, which he might be referring to. It definitely takes a little bit of the sport out of leveling when you just join their channel to see what the game name is/when the game is made and follow them around for a few hours. Let's be honest - where do you think the vast majority of 99s came from? =p
    Jezus, this must have been since I left the game then, because I've never seen anything like it. I don't know about the current lvl 99's, but since I got my chars to lvl 97 on [HC] the old-fashioned way, I guess getting to lvl 99 is not exactly all that hard.

    But gold never had value in Diablo II for as long as I played. Did that change as well?

  6. #1846
    Can you link multiple skills to 1 support gem or do support gems only affect the first skill that follows them in a chain?
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

  7. #1847
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Can you link multiple skills to 1 support gem or do support gems only affect the first skill that follows them in a chain?
    You can link multiple skills to 1 support gem.

  8. #1848
    Sigh, lost my level 61 HC char. =(

    Can't decide if I should remake the same again or try summit else.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  9. #1849
    Does anyone know what I should ask for:

    Summon Skeletons +11%
    Freeze Mine +14%

    Some help would be very welcome ^^

  10. #1850
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Sigh, lost my level 61 HC char. =(

    Can't decide if I should remake the same again or try summit else.
    What were you playing and how much did you enjoy it?

  11. #1851
    Is there a site or so where you can see all the matching armors on the classes? Like in http://media.diablofans.com/images/n...ril/armorf.jpg

  12. #1852
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Jezus, this must have been since I left the game then, because I've never seen anything like it. I don't know about the current lvl 99's, but since I got my chars to lvl 97 on [HC] the old-fashioned way, I guess getting to lvl 99 is not exactly all that hard.

    But gold never had value in Diablo II for as long as I played. Did that change as well?
    Yea, D2 didn't age well. Back the first 3 years of the games lifetime (I didnt quit play Diablo2 back then) it was maybe not so bot-infested, but now 95% off all baal runs once you're inn hell are run by hammerdin bots with top notch gear, so goes really fast and...automatic. I still think to this day that Diablo2 is the most bot-infested game ever, basicly every game you dont put a password on you get spammed first 5 mins of bots, and when you're inn the lobby bots are spamming aswell.

    Anyway I dont see how bots could efficently play POE :& I find it to be rather hard lol. Nothing like Diablo3, where only bosses was the hard point (And anything after hell the first 3-4 weeks off the game somewhat ), but I guess we'll eventueally see bots inn POE to...:/
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

  13. #1853
    Quote Originally Posted by Xigor View Post
    What were you playing and how much did you enjoy it?
    ES fire witch and it's enjoyable, it's however my 4th loss (32,37,47,61) so...

    Decided to re-roll it once more at least and slow down a bit in the high 50's and focus on gearing up more than I was with my last char(most likely reason for my death).
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  14. #1854
    The Lightbringer Bigbazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    3,049
    Excuse that I didnt read all 93 pages so I might not have a clue but.

    Is it worth me playing this? I got invited to the beta on the 23rd Jan but think it was just for that day and I missed it. I just started playing Diablo 3 again and to be honest find it a bit boring, it doesn't have the challenge it had on launch and I could probably move on. I enjoy the playstyle as far back as Diablo 1, D2, Titan Quest, Dungeon Siege 2 etc, but I'm missing the challenge and bored of the lack of content in D3.

    I know Monster Levels etc in D3 but all they do is add 4000000000000000000million health to mobs that still do less damage than they did at launch. In a short and unbiased opinion is Path Of Exile able to give me what I'm looking for?
    I7 2600k @4.5ghz : 16GB DDR3 : GTX670 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

  15. #1855
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Excuse that I didnt read all 93 pages so I might not have a clue but.

    Is it worth me playing this? I got invited to the beta on the 23rd Jan but think it was just for that day and I missed it. I just started playing Diablo 3 again and to be honest find it a bit boring, it doesn't have the challenge it had on launch and I could probably move on. I enjoy the playstyle as far back as Diablo 1, D2, Titan Quest, Dungeon Siege 2 etc, but I'm missing the challenge and bored of the lack of content in D3.

    I know Monster Levels etc in D3 but all they do is add 4000000000000000000million health to mobs that still do less damage than they did at launch. In a short and unbiased opinion is Path Of Exile able to give me what I'm looking for?
    Judging by the way you describe yourself, I would say it's a good chance you will enjoy PoE. The first 15 levels will be sort of slow, but once you start gathering skill gems and support gems, you will definitely enjoy the game. And the skill tree is just candy. You can go anywhere with the build you specifically like, without being tied to a certain path.

    http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEA

  16. #1856
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Excuse that I didnt read all 93 pages so I might not have a clue but.

    Is it worth me playing this? I got invited to the beta on the 23rd Jan but think it was just for that day and I missed it. I just started playing Diablo 3 again and to be honest find it a bit boring, it doesn't have the challenge it had on launch and I could probably move on. I enjoy the playstyle as far back as Diablo 1, D2, Titan Quest, Dungeon Siege 2 etc, but I'm missing the challenge and bored of the lack of content in D3.

    I know Monster Levels etc in D3 but all they do is add 4000000000000000000million health to mobs that still do less damage than they did at launch. In a short and unbiased opinion is Path Of Exile able to give me what I'm looking for?
    The game can be somewhat hard on normal and then ramps up in difficulty until you start crying
    Endgame difficulty is fluid, you can choose how difficult you want it to be
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

  17. #1857
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    ES fire witch and it's enjoyable, it's however my 4th loss (32,37,47,61) so...

    Decided to re-roll it once more at least and slow down a bit in the high 50's and focus on gearing up more than I was with my last char(most likely reason for my death).
    Soloing or grouping?
    Either way, I definitely agree on the slowing down part. I lost my first char at 51 by trying to rush it too much...

  18. #1858
    Quote Originally Posted by Xigor View Post
    Soloing or grouping?
    Either way, I definitely agree on the slowing down part. I lost my first char at 51 by trying to rush it too much...
    Solo all the way.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  19. #1859
    The Lightbringer Bigbazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    3,049
    Cheers for the replies, I will probably be playing solo. The difficulty of Diablo 3 Inferno pre-nerf originally was probably what many would consider "crying" unless you were exceptionally/unreasonably well geared, and to be honest I thought it was too hard at the time(though I beat the game pre-nerf, It was very frustrating).

    But at the same time, that desperation of needing that 1 extra bit of gear just so that I can come out at 10 hp instead of being dead and then pull myself back out of it, that was the rush I got from playing D3 despite the frustrations, the challenge of gearing up to overcome and eventually be able to farm the content at that difficulty was what I enjoyed, and the challenge of simply reaching Diablo so that I could kill him, and though I thought I wanted it to be easier I quickly lost interest when suddenly I didn't need to play well or improve my gear in order to farm the game.

    It felt like playing the game had lost its value or meaning because there was no fear of death, there was no worry that "I need that next bit of gear if I am to survive" and there was no feeling of accomplishment when defeating a challenge, because it was no longer a challenge.


    Aside from that though, D3 just run out of content for me, If I can get that old difficulty level back of barely scraping through and desperately maximising with every bit of gear I can grab, combined with new and quality content. Well then POE is probably going to be great.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2013-02-04 at 12:17 PM.
    I7 2600k @4.5ghz : 16GB DDR3 : GTX670 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

  20. #1860
    Quote Originally Posted by Xigor View Post
    Soloing or grouping?
    Either way, I definitely agree on the slowing down part. I lost my first char at 51 by trying to rush it too much...
    Grouping with randoms in HC will most likely get you killed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •