Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I hope so, it has a lot of potential. The mechanics are great, they just need to make it the kind of game you can't wait to log in to every day.

Personally, I'm just waiting for them to get to the point where the game is in the "totally finished" stage and they can start pumping out real flavor gear. My witch needs giant black demon wings so that everyone will know I'm special when I "afk" around town, after all.
    Unfortunately it's not that kind of game.
    Cosmetic gear is the least amount of pixels for your buck , in other words with everything happening on screen the way a character looks is barely noticeable.

Add to that the fact that town are not social hubs like their MMORPG counterparts.

Makes cosmetic not as attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    FYI you can buy less frivolous things, like me, stash tabs, you'll need em' for the tons of orbs or skill gems you're going to hoard.
    That's what I plan on wasting my money on, and I probably will buy right two stash tabs, the ones that cost 150 points, two of those I think.

Really needed lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I hope so, it has a lot of potential. The mechanics are great, they just need to make it the kind of game you can't wait to log in to every day.

Personally, I'm just waiting for them to get to the point where the game is in the "totally finished" stage and they can start pumping out real flavor gear. My witch needs giant black demon wings so that everyone will know I'm special when I "afk" around town, after all.
    This ain't WoW, Miss Lysah.

But yeah, it would be kinda nice if there was something like that.

They think that if they make the best game they possibly can people will put their wallet where their mouth is and start throwing money at them. Unfortunately, I bet they won't.
    Listened to an interview a couple days ago with a podcast show in NZ, and Chris Wilson touched on this just a bit - part of their current plan is aggressively adding new cosmetic, pet, and other such vanity options to the store.

They will also be (soon-ish) selling real life merchandise, like the soundtrack CD and T-shirts (and hopefully other clothing items like hats, jackets, or hoodies) for real cash.

Time will tell how the store evolves, but they definitely plan on adding more things to buy.

Tbh i would consider doing a sub for PoE but they would need to get payment options outside of the US before i would...don't like paying the bank extra just to convert digital currency.

Thats a volentery sub not a mandatory sub btw

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Listened to an interview a couple days ago with a podcast show in NZ, and Chris Wilson touched on this just a bit - part of their current plan is aggressively adding new cosmetic, pet, and other such vanity options to the store.

They will also be (soon-ish) selling real life merchandise, like the soundtrack CD and T-shirts (and hopefully other clothing items like hats, jackets, or hoodies) for real cash.

Time will tell how the store evolves, but they definitely plan on adding more things to buy.
    They will have to come up with character skins, spell skins (please help me get rid of the lousy zombie summons. How about making them into black skeletons ;( The ones you encounter later in the game, ACT III (or perhaps even AII)) and good cosmetic effects, but since there is no never-ending champion development as there is in LoL, it might be hard to actually make money off of this game. But I'll tell you, if they would add premium subs, This would be the game I would spend it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Tbh i would consider doing a sub for PoE but they would need to get payment options outside of the US before i would...don't like paying the bank extra just to convert digital currency.

Thats a volentery sub not a mandatory sub btw
    Actually, now I think about it, if there's not a thread already, I will make it, on the forums.
    http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/102173
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-02-04 at 10:06 PM.

Same here, would have been perfectly happy to fork something similar to the cost of TL2 for this game. A combination of BTP and micro-transaction shop they have in place now would have been fine. But I'm a firm believer in actually paying for stuff.
    As I've said a long way back in this thread, I think the coding on the game is piss poor, but the game is good.
    I'm curious as to how you know the coding is piss poor and why you think this? I don't mean it as an attack or anything like that, but it was only one person to code the whole game and well its bound to not be as optimized as say a company with millions of dollars and lots of programmers. I mean I've seen some glitches or bugs here and there but please show me a program that is bug free. The game seems to be coded pretty well for one man.
    Intel I5-2500k @4.8Ghz| Noctua NH-U9B | Asus P67 Deluxe | 8GB G.SKILL Sniper Series 1600Mhz
    Crucial M4 128GB | 500 GB WD CB | 500GB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB Seagate External |3TB WD Green x2
    Sapphire R9-290x | SeasonicX 650 | CM HAF 912 | Asus PB278Q | Razor Naga Molten Edition | Microsoft Sidewinder X4

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    I'm curious as to how you know the coding is piss poor and why you think this? I don't mean it as an attack or anything like that, but it was only one person to code the whole game and well its bound to not be as optimized as say a company with millions of dollars and lots of programmers. I mean I've seen some glitches or bugs here and there but please show me a program that is bug free. The game seems to be coded pretty well for one man.
    Especially when compared to AAA titles where you can't hit jumping mobs nor rebind your mouse buttons...just sayin'.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Especially when compared to AAA titles where you can't hit jumping mobs nor rebind your mouse buttons...just sayin'.
    Good Game, Well Played! hahah :P

Guy links item in trade chat. I want to buy it but first must know the iLevel.

I ask for iLevel of the unique.

Guy doesn't know what iLevel is, how to check it and replies with, "I use it on my marauder bitch".

Welcome to my ignore list you scum of the earth waste of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Guy doesn't know what iLevel is, how to check it and replies with, "I use it on my marauder bitch".

This may be the best thing i've read all day

Wow lol that guys a dick haha, why would someone respond like that?
    Intel I5-2500k @4.8Ghz| Noctua NH-U9B | Asus P67 Deluxe | 8GB G.SKILL Sniper Series 1600Mhz
    Crucial M4 128GB | 500 GB WD CB | 500GB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB Seagate External |3TB WD Green x2
    Sapphire R9-290x | SeasonicX 650 | CM HAF 912 | Asus PB278Q | Razor Naga Molten Edition | Microsoft Sidewinder X4

For some reason I thought of you and your hatred for the intellectually disabled when I saw this statement in global chat. :P
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    For some reason I thought of you and your hatred for the intellectually disabled when I saw this statement in global chat. :P
    I feel like there should be a forced, 30 minute tutorial video for some of these people. The whole game is explained using small words so that they can understand it -_-

If they make it through that, then they might finally get access to global chat.

RangerDarkForceDK successfully added to ignore list.

One day it will just be me, talking to me in chat. Perfectly okay with this eventuality.

added to ignore list.
    Is there a limit to how many people can be added? I tried to find my ignore list and there doesn't seem to be an option to view/manage it or I completely missed it.
    • PSN ID: Azuri118 •

Can't view or manage the ignore list. Why would you?

At what point would Sally Standsinfire transition from the person who asked "what is the gem that shoots sparks called?" to being someone off your ignore list?

If there is a limit, I can't even imagine what it is. I have been adding people to IL since CBT over a year ago.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-04 at 11:13 PM.

Can't view or manage the ignore list. Why would you?

At what point would Sally Standsinfire transition from the person who asked "what is the gem that shoots sparks called?" to being someone off your ignore list?

If there is a limit, I can't even imagine what it is. I have been adding people to IL since CBT over a year ago.
    Now I'm so confused, first we get the ability to have basically unlimited storage space and now you claim that we can ignore as many players as we like, what kind of sorcery is this...

Brewmaster
    Quick question from someone who just downloaded the game. How is difficulty done in this game? Is it similar to Tl2 or more akin to Diablo 3? I tried to look it up but found nothing, maybe I am missing something? or is there just one difficulty with zones that vary in difficulty? For now all I have heard of is cruel difficulty and apart from that I can't find any real info

Normal -> Cruel -> Merciless and the same three acts for each difficulty, there are random end game maps on top of the normal acts once you get to that level.

I christened my ignore list with several people making/laughing at rape jokes. Glad to see shit heads permeate everywhere. >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    I'm screen shoting this. If the measure is ever passed. You're comments will be my new signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Caring about Fox News is like caring about the special Olympics if the participants were members of an internationally maligned news syndicate filled with neo-fascists who care about family values.