Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,635

    Dragon Ball Fighter Z

    I have not seen a thread yet, did a search and didn't see anything so I figured I would start one.

    Scheduled for "early 2018" release, this game looks fantastic.





    I'm hoping the roster has at least 25 characters. I'd like to have unique movesets and not have the game bogged down with too many clones that lack identity. We have seen Golden Frieza, chances are we will see other characters from Super - notably Beerus and Whis.

    No mention of a campaign yet - the gameplay looks solid enough to be successful without one, but it would be a nice addition.

    If you guys hear about any news please share!
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2017-06-15 at 07:58 PM.

  2. #2
    Merely a Setback Jtbrig7390's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    28,093
    The dev's behind it are the ones who made the Guilty Gear series.

    Highly looking forward to it.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory|1TB WD Caviar Blue|Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE|SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  3. #3
    Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The dev's behind it are the ones who made the Guilty Gear series.

    Highly looking forward to it.
    You and me both!

  4. #4
    It looks awesome and due to the devs behind it probably will be very good. My personal issue is that I'm still waiting for a proper sequel for Budokai Tenkaichi 3. Also I'm hoping that it will have a crapton of characters, though it probably won't because of the art style and gameplay
    Last edited by Jofe; 2017-06-15 at 08:08 PM.

  5. #5
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    17,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The dev's behind it are the ones who made the Guilty Gear series.

    Highly looking forward to it.
    Fuck yea love gg
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  6. #6
    Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    It looks awesome and due to the devs behind it probably will be very good. My personal issue is that I'm still waiting for a proper sequel for Budokai Tenkaichi 3.
    Hopefully this game will be successful enough to encourage this to happen. There is definitely room for a 3D DBZ fighter. Xenoverse is cool and all but it feels more like an RPG than it does a fighter. I would be very happy if we ever got BT4 - although I do prefer the 2D style, I would still own both.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Fuck yea love gg
    I've never played it - I'll have to check it out during the wait.

  7. #7
    Scarab Lord unfilteredJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Seaside, FL
    Posts
    4,460
    Probably my most hyped showing from E3.

    GG devs doing a 2.5d DB fighter? Here's my money.

    RIP Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    People who post in bad faith.
    Theo on adding people to ignore. Enshrining this amazing lack of self awareness.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The dev's behind it are the ones who made the Guilty Gear series.

    Highly looking forward to it.
    This is why I'm looking forward to it and also don't give a fuck about it at the same time.

    Arc Sys will drop it almost the second it's complete to get to work on their new ultra super mega edition GG Xrd, just like they do all of their fighters not named GG.

    It will be hype for a month, then lack of dev support will basically kill it off faster then a NRS game.

  9. #9
    Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    This is why I'm looking forward to it and also don't give a fuck about it at the same time.

    Arc Sys will drop it almost the second it's complete to get to work on their new ultra super mega edition GG Xrd, just like they do all of their fighters not named GG.

    It will be hype for a month, then lack of dev support will basically kill it off faster then a NRS game.
    I'm fine with that as long as it comes out polished. I'm not a fan of DLC in fighters.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    I'm fine with that as long as it comes out polished. I'm not a fan of DLC in fighters.
    It's not just about DLC, it's about balance. Fixing broken shit that gets found out etc.

    Arc already pulled this shit abandoning P4A and P4AU shortly after finishing them. This, like those is just another license project to make a buck off of. They won't be sticking around and giving the game love.

  11. #11
    The most impressive showing for me at E3, and if plays as good as it looks this game will do great.

  12. #12
    Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's not just about DLC, it's about balance. Fixing broken shit that gets found out etc.
    Hopefully this doesnt happen. DBZ had a pretty vocal fanbase, I expect there will be a lot of pressure from the community to do it right.

  13. #13
    I loved Hyper Dimention on the SNES and this is the first real Beat em UP since then, looking forward to this.


  14. #14
    How come no one is talking about freezer being hit by his own destructo disc

  15. #15
    Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    How come no one is talking about freezer being hit by his own destructo disc
    I noticed that too! (+1 for abridged reference)
    @Miyagie - I never knew that game existed, I'll have to check it out.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    I noticed that too! (+1 for abridged reference)
    @Miyagie - I never knew that game existed, I'll have to check it out.
    What abridged reference .-. that's how frieza got himself cut in half in the namek battle .-.

  17. #17
    I am not a big fan of fighters(I suck) but I am looking forward to this! Xenoverse wasn't as fun to me as all the old DBZ fighters!

    I like how it uses a lot of elements of MvC.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    What abridged reference .-. that's how frieza got himself cut in half in the namek battle .-.
    The spelling. Abridged Goku consistently calls Freeza "Freezer".

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Not sure how I feel about the 'Tag' style combat. Dragon Ball is usually known for 1v1 battles in the anime. Whenever someone suggests to group up, there is always that one guy who says to stay back, that they got this.
    Check out my band @ centennials.bandcamp.com
    Have a listen to our new EP, "Fin".

    The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    The spelling. Abridged Goku consistently calls Freeza "Freezer".
    Thats how is called in the latin version .-.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •