Page 5 of 766 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sorry thought it displayed the class.

Templar actually strong influence on hp,blocking,regen and ES.

Hm. Some interesting choices you made... looks like minions, mace specialty but very little resistance. Hard to judge effectiveness.

Hope you don't mind but I am assuming you are asking for my opinion... you need Endurance charges, more resistance, mana cost reduction or reserve reduction and should drop the minion related traits. For damage and soloing, you are missing some rather easy to get nodes that have significant damage increase- the highest in the game actually.

Also you seem to lack enough passive dex to use higher level items or gems.

Would go: http://tinyurl.com/cw3tnjr

Strength = Melee Damage & Life. Increases to Endurance (more Life Regen & Damage reduction), enough Dex to push you to 100 range & have decent accuracy, that should be roughly ~60 Int before any other bonuses (well enough to use important blue gems) and you get a lot more passive HP regen as I laid it out. What you give up is a bit of Energy shield but you would need a lot more Int to make that worthwhile and I feel the added benefit of raw HP, Regen and the Endurance increases are far more beneficial.

Ideally, you don't have to worry about resistance on your items to a great degree either. So you can stack more ES/HP heavy items and not care about resistance as you should be pass the cap easily.

Finally, I took away 10% of your armor rating for 50% more damage overall.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-07-27 at 04:55 AM.

From what i've played summon zombies has been very useful to be semi-tanks for my ranged shadow which im trying to continue with hence the summoning abilities.

Im not entirely sure how pets actually work just yet..Gonna see learn how they scale this weekend actually.

Well, minions are nice if you are going for a minion heavy build. Otherwise, I think it is a waste. The most valuable aspect of minions is Instability and the high mana pool & cast speed to summon skellies and zombies en masse. Your shield Templar wasn't going to be able to do that by any stretch.

Its so hard to chose, I want it to do X and Y and O and E along with M

It was just a quick build i'll run through it throughly in a little bit.

Looking at it now... I did not realise how well a summoner build can actually work.

Necromatic aegis: all bonuses from a equiped shield are applied to minions.

Does this include ES?

Anyway heres a quick necromancer build.

Mostly to support minions, Going with lightning spells to apply shock to increase damage by 40%

Minion instability is chosen for extra dps when they die, If that damage scales with minion damage talents that surely will hurt alot, Spells have a high crit chance too and increased aura radius to buff minions from range.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...cNprMcOKY5S11F

It'd probably be better to go fire to support minion instability once I think about... but i think lightnings shock adding up to an extra 120% damage would be better for this build point for point. since it does have 100 spell crit and improved shock chance.

okay so they do benefit from ES now im curious how a tanky zombie army will be.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-07-27 at 05:28 AM.

Best tank = Skele attached to totem. Long duration constant summons that draw the attention of everything and keeps it for as long as the totem is up. Some of the spell combinations with totems are so freaking op >.>

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Best tank = Skele attached to totem. Long duration constant summons that draw the attention of everything and keeps it for as long as the totem is up. Some of the spell combinations with totems are so freaking op >.>
    Infinite Zombie, Skeleton, Spectre army!

Currently running >this< build on my ranger

after taking the evasion to armor conversion the char feels much more solid...those mobs that charge you were previously 3 shooting me and now i can at least cope with several of them without the need of a potion not so sure about spells but i'll soon find that out at the end of act one (cruel)

Point Blank is available as a support gem. Might want to get a hold of one and gain back the passive from the tree later on. It's pretty awesome with Frenzy.

considering getting piercing and the piercing gem...would be 75% pierce to start and more as the gem levels coupled with poison arrow lesser/grater multiple projectiles and life on hit + additional cold damage/+crit support gem...got the option to branch into a few mana regen and +% mana nodes without to many points spent

10+ Year Old Account
    Added a reminder about the open beta weekend starting today.
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Installing it now for the open beta weekend. Been looking for a decent F2P game. Hopefully this is better than the F2P MMO's I've tried.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the open beta all I have to do is create an account and download the game?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    For the open beta all I have to do is create an account and download the game?
    Yeah, that's all you have to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    alright sweet it was a fast download to. I'm a bit of a POE noob but I've played plenty of ARPGs in the past before. Any recommendations on class to pick?
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-07-27 at 11:36 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    alright sweet it was a fast download to. I'm a bit of a POE noob but I've played plenty of ARPGs in the past before. Any recommendations on class to pick?
    All depends on how you want to play. You can technically play any class any way with the gem system, it's just that certain classes start in a more optimal position for specific builds on the ability/skill tree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was about to complain that I can't get into the open beta, but then I went onto PoE site and saw that there are 7 minutes left until it starts.

Just played this for the first time. Good game. Considering it's free to play, it will certainly have a spot on my computer when it goes live.

Omg this game is epic, 100 times better than D3, look at this for a char skill tree too lol

Should have seen what it was like before the last patch. Skill tree was far more complex.