Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    They should implement slow mode ala twitch
    Or start banning people for all the stupid spam. That would be nice : D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    xD

That'd be hilarious if that actually happened. Lots of rage on the forums though. lol

The passive tree is not really that complicated
    This program takes about half of the work out of your hands
    http://code.google.com/p/path-of-exi...lTree_1.31.zip
    Just click any node and it will take you there with the shortest possible path.
    Generally speaking your build will revolve around a few keystone passives. Take those and then grab life/damage as necessary along the way
    Then test your build an make miniscule adjustments to get that last % of damage/survivability out of it
    Thats also why you shouldnt need full respecs. If you cant fix your build with like 10 respec points its beyond fucked (like if its your first character and you put points all over the place not knowing what you were doing)
    Last edited by Enkidulgaa; 2013-01-24 at 10:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

10+ Year Old Account

Moderators can do time-outs and things and there is many of them hopefully they put it to good use.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Moderators can do time-outs and things and there is many of them hopefully they put it to good use.
    How do I become a moderator for that. I'll time-out/mute all the annoying people.

Deleted
    heres to hoping they put in respecs, free or paid.. the current system won't keep up for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    heres to hoping they put in respecs, free or paid.. the current system won't keep up for long.
    Highly unlikely. It's a game for the more hardcore group, the kind that map out everything on a character before actually creating it. If you muck up your characters build, you have to make a new one or invest a ton of time rebuilding your existing one. Think of D2 before they released the respecs.

10+ Year Old Account
    The passive grid didnt scare me at first, i've seen something like it before, in Final Fantasy X . Any1 remember the Sphere grid? =p good times

You sure? The currency system is designed to be stable since they can all be used for one thing or another, therefore taking currency out of the system constantly
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

10+ Year Old Account

I don't think the intent is to make PoE to appeal the huge wide player base and I don't mean that in condescending manner to you. The game is meant to get progressively more difficult and require a lot of planned out choices not willy nilly decision making. At best you'll get "orb's of regret' to fix a talent point goof up here and there and that's it.

It's meant to go back to the roots of a complex ARPG not a "Walmart" ARPG if that makes any sense. Call it more of niche ARPG for players who want more depth. You may in fact bungle up your first character too and be forced to re-roll another one based on the mistakes you made on the first. With that being said they may offer a cash shop respec and I hope it's somewhat pricey ($10 or more) to encourage decisive well thought out character building.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2013-01-24 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    You sure? The currency system is designed to be stable since they can all be used for one thing or another, therefore taking currency out of the system constantly
    Current, not currency : P

There are respecs in the game. Either through Orbs of Regret or through rerolling.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    HOW DO I APPLY??

OT: Re-living my days as a Trapsin in D2.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...OnNC-dFvMmPA==

Ethereal Knives, Whirling Blades, Fire Trap, Bear Trap and Freeze Mine.

Having a blast with the build.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-01-24 at 11:07 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    There are respecs in the game. Either through Orbs of Regret or through rerolling.

Resetting 1-2 points is not a respec. Re-rolling is not a respec.

Not saying we need respecs, but what you posted is.......

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post

It is a respec. It's just a very slow, expensive way of respecing.

Well the post was ... so I replied in the same fashion

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Can respec the whole tree with enough orbs of regret. A full respec for a high level and serious player is not impossible. Just costly.

The final day of CBT I respec'd in full a level 77 Witch twice.

However, Chris Wilson did say GGG were thinking of adding a full spec option for high level characters. The caveat being it would only be available late game and would require a high amount of rare currency. Which is essentially what it costs now but would be less painful than clicking one orb at a time.

Other than that, the respec issue is exactly as Azuri has laid out; GGG want players to live with their choices or plan appropriately. With the game being aimed at a primarily hardcore, stat crunching player base.

In fact the latest design discussion by the devs stated the following:

In Act 3, you can now trade currency all the way up to Orbs of Chance, Orbs of Alchemy and Glassblower's Baubles. This will allow players to pursue heavily economic styles of play without the need for stash tabs, or just allow more casual players to trade up to these orbs when it suits them. Orbs of Alchemy can be traded up to all the way from more common currency items. They also cost an Orb of Regret, so players who plan their builds well can capitalise on not needing these orbs by trading them in.

It is intended that you think about the game.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-01-24 at 11:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quick question.

Been thinking of a heavy physical damage build for shadow using Poison Arrow.
    Can I factor in crit with that? Does the extra Dot dmg crit?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Can respec the whole tree with enough orbs of regret. A full respec for a high level and serious player is not impossible. Just costly.

The final day of CBT I respec'd in full a level 77 Witch twice.

However, Chris Wilson did say GGG were thinking of adding a full spec option for high level characters. The caveat being it would only be available late game and would require a high amount of rare currency. Which is essentially what it costs now but would be less painful than clicking one orb at a time.

Other than that, the respec issue is exactly as Azuri has laid out; GGG want players to live with their choices or plan appropriately. With the game being aimed at a primarily hardcore, stat crunching player base.

In fact the latest design discussion by the devs stated the following:

In Act 3, you can now trade currency all the way up to Orbs of Chance, Orbs of Alchemy and Glassblower's Baubles. This will allow players to pursue heavily economic styles of play without the need for stash tabs, or just allow more casual players to trade up to these orbs when it suits them. Orbs of Alchemy can be traded up to all the way from more common currency items. They also cost an Orb of Regret, so players who plan their builds well can capitalise on not needing these orbs by trading them in.

It is intended that you think about the game.

Fro my understanding you were only suppose to be able to get a few orbs. I couldn't even tell you were i read this so don't hold me to it.

Fro my understanding you were only suppose to be able to get a few orbs. I couldn't even tell you were i read this so don't hold me to it.
    You can get as many as you want, they're just rare and useful which means they're expensive. Unless I totally missed something somewhere.