Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    You shouldn't listen to Kungen for "expert" opinions ... he is a showman, not somebody to follow for advice The grouping may make the end game easier, but at the same time you still see lvl 80 players doing maps in groups almost dying to special mob combos. I think Kripp has a video when he gets to 100 hp in 2-3 seconds fighting a hasted lmp fire breather popping all flasks running away to save himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yea, he is using Blood Magic. Which casts from life.

Kungen is a huge noob in POE. But I actually agree with him about the endgame. Especially the higher level Maps.

The game is heavily skewed to benefit groups more & more the higher you go up in the map tiers. Even before OBT, in closed, it took significantly longer for me to solo or duo a high level Map. But our guild could roll in there as a full party and chain clear like 12 68 Maps in under an hour.

Natch, I could faceroll low level Maps solo.

Think the party/no party disparity in the higher Maps could be better balanced. Or at least smoother. The highest level Maps are just too party skewed.
    Lol, I had the same thoughts. He isn't anywhere near high level and he's sputting out tips and ideas that are kind of out there. But I also think he is right but I do not know enough about end game (or have the experience) to say if he's right or not. But since you say he is right then I should hope that they balance it out eventually.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see what people mean by disconnecting in the pyramid, I barely dodged a bullet there by reaching the first WP in act 3 twenty seconds before a server restart

Act 2 boss was pretty tough, since my shadow's defenses aren't entirely up to par, but managed to kill it without dying, fortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    Lol, I had the same thoughts. He isn't anywhere near high level and he's sputting out tips and ideas that are kind of out there. But I also think he is right but I do not know enough about end game (or have the experience) to say if he's right or not. But since you say he is right then I should hope that they balance it out eventually.
    It also greatly benefits you have a full dedicated group/guild in endgame. Because even if you could solo high level Maps with the same speed as a group [which you can't] the amount of currency and drops with a party is exponential.

Solo one might get 2 or 3 -Maps solo with a good quantity roll, 1 or 2 +Maps with the same quantity roll. Maybe 1 chisel if you are lucky. With a group it's almost 300% the quantity of drops. And the only metric that effects Map progression is quantity.

So it not only is easier and faster, but far more profitable.

I do hope they adjust it a little without breaking the incentive for party play.

Deleted
    There isn't a lot you do before level 50 that matters; just stay alive, stockpile currency, etc. At high level it all changes.
    So like, assuming I'm going to play hardcore and etc, I should save currency and not waste it? Like Orbs that put items from normal to rarity, items that makes sockets get linked and get their colour changed, etc. Because I've been kinda using that but only in rare items so far.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 08:13 PM ----------

the amount of currency and drops with a party is exponential.
    Yeah lol. I'm watching the link you put here, of Nugiyen, and they kill some bosses and the loot was so enormous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Piety hard? tempted to group up for her, i see so many groups for that particular mission im starting to get scared =p

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    So like, assuming I'm going to play hardcore and etc, I should save currency and not waste it? Like Orbs that put items from normal to rarity, items that makes sockets get linked and get their colour changed, etc. Because I've been kinda using that but only in rare items so far.
    Really shouldn't be using orbs before level 30-40 at the least.

Yeah lol. I'm watching the link you put here, of Nugiyen, and they kill some bosses and the loot was so enormous.
    LOL yea, you really can't see anything but spell effects and loot at Endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Is Piety hard? tempted to group up for her, i see so many groups for that particular mission im starting to get scared =p
    Depends on build/gear, but yes. Piety can be tough on HC.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-01-28 at 08:58 PM.

Deleted
    Really shouldn't be using orbs before level 30-40 at the least.
    Then I guess I'll just stop using orbs at all, even though I'm level 33 or something. Seems better just to save for really good gear.
    Yeah, gona have to spam my Z if I go on hardcore with a group. xd

So like, assuming I'm going to play hardcore and etc, I should save currency and not waste it? Like Orbs that put items from normal to rarity, items that makes sockets get linked and get their colour changed, etc. Because I've been kinda using that but only in rare items so far.[COLOR="red"]Really shouldn't be using orbs before level 30-40 at the least.

Depends on build/gear, but yes. Piety can be tough on HC.

Haha, so true. I can't wait for the map update, it's so horrible in most of the A3 areas :<

Deleted
    Lol at the baby crying in his stream. xD

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving this game, played till 3am, wife had to yell at me to stop playing. Leveled a lighting Witch to 20 this weekend. I'm not a fan of the maps so far sometimes hard to navigate. I enjoy being able to customize items.
    Last edited by Tychoblu; 2013-01-28 at 08:47 PM.

Then I guess I'll just stop using orbs at all, even though I'm level 33 or something. Seems better just to save for really good gear.
    I guess orbs are safe to use on like jewelry. Because that can be passed around to alts or sold reliably. But like level 20 gear... erm.

The real problem is that at endgame the volume of currency you need is staggering. Will easily blow through 100s of orbs of fusing for 1 piece of gear. Will use chromatic orbs like water- again 100s. And so on.

Remember you use that currency for gear and Maps. So there is a fair bit of Map crafting as well.

10+ Year Old Account

That is likely a problem on your end. Not the game's end.
    10 years ago, I would agree with you. Not so much today. Like I said, I have not seen a blue screen in over 5 or 6 years ~ since Vista Beta. If it was my machine, then blue screen would be common. Especially when I'm playing games using the Frostbite2 or Cry engines.

My problem with the game isn't the blue screens ( its cool to see windows crash after all these years), my beef comes from slower than usual client to server communication that plagues many online games today, not just ARPGs. The combat feels clunky ~ and after spending hundreds of hours on D2 and D3, I have grown used to a very specific response on my actions.

On top of that, their servers took a massive hit with less than one hundred thousand players connected at one time. Its a common theme in todays games, and I'm not going to give PoE a pass just because its the new flavor of the month. Ive said it before and Ill say it again, I dont dislike the game on paper, it just doesnt play that great in production. It needs some infrastructure upgrades.

Deleted
    The real problem is that at endgame the volume of currency you need is staggering. Will easily blow through 100s of orbs of fusing for 1 piece of gear. Will use chromatic orbs like water- again 100s. And so on.

Remember you use that currency for gear and Maps. So there is a fair bit of Map crafting as well.
    That's a lot of orbs lol.

Yeah, I totally forgot that to get maps, you need to spend some kind of orbs... Well, I'll be saving a lot more than I did, that's for sure, but I'm not really too worried atm since I'm still going to level up a Ranger when I'm done with act 3 on my Witch, so I guess I got plenty of time to get more orbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bah servers crashed again, just as i was reaching Piety =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Bah servers crashed again, just as i was reaching Piety =/
    From a stream I'm watching, it's been crashing like every 30 mins or less. :/

That's why I haven't played since yesterday.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-01-28 at 09:02 PM.

Anyone up for a hardcore char?

10+ Year Old Account
    From a stream I'm watching, it's been crashing like every 30 mins or less. :/
    Yep, they have been crashing since they took the game down to apply some fix, every 10 min or so it crashes rendering any progress void. Was just reaching her, 5 min more wth the party i was on would have been enough to beat her.

Deleted
    I started a new shadow on HC as my old one died while I was AFK. But play is not possible atm if you can only log on peak hours.

Guess I'll have to wait for the bandwagon to move on.

Just DC'd as I was killing Vaal on Cruel.

So frustrated right now.

Just DC'd as I was killing Vaal on Cruel.

So frustrated right now.
    hopefully GGG will be able to fix the server instability issues within the next few days :/