Been leveling a templar necromancer...only at level 26 and going well atm, grabbed arc when it was a quest reward...spells damn near OP no need to aim which is handy when the mobs are covered in zombiegeddon.

Deleted
    Does anyone know if Elegant Foil and Thorn Rapier are considered swords?

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Does anyone know if Elegant Foil and Thorn Rapier are considered swords?
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Deleted
    oh

lol

Right, didn't think it would say that, sorry. Thanks.

I really didn't mean to somehow start a rant about proper technique for rage quitting a game and the biology of servers; I apologize to this thread. I have definitely been Blizz-killed several times in Diablo 3 and felt the need to complain about it, your character absolutely gets kicked off immediately the second the server hiccups (was actually very annoying a couple of days ago when it happened every few minutes).

I do appreciate it, as well. Blizzard thinks people are "abusing" SnE in D2 and they need to force you to get out of combat to portal/leave the game but all they did was help make hardcore unplayable. If they had perfect servers and everyone had perfect connections...maybe. But they don't, and we don't. Good on PoE for doing everything it can to encourage people to challenge themselves with hardcore instead of doing everything it can to encourage people to play softcore and pay them money via trading. I simply hope that a game-oriented focus instead of a profit-oriented focus won't ruin the game in the long run...after all, it DOES still need to make a profit. With character customization so nonexistant (where are all the pretty hats?) I wonder how they will make much money via microtransactions without making the game p2w.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I really didn't mean to somehow start a rant about proper technique for rage quitting a game and the biology of servers; I apologize to this thread. I have definitely been Blizz-killed several times in Diablo 3 and felt the need to complain about it, your character absolutely gets kicked off immediately the second the server hiccups (was actually very annoying a couple of days ago when it happened every few minutes).

I do appreciate it, as well. Blizzard thinks people are "abusing" SnE in D2 and they need to force you to get out of combat to portal/leave the game but all they did was help make hardcore unplayable. If they had perfect servers and everyone had perfect connections...maybe. But they don't, and we don't. Good on PoE for doing everything it can to encourage people to challenge themselves with hardcore instead of doing everything it can to encourage people to play softcore and pay them money via trading. I simply hope that a game-oriented focus instead of a profit-oriented focus won't ruin the game in the long run...after all, it DOES still need to make a profit.
    I think they'll even have to be more aggressive with the cash shop. The current stuff is decent I guess, but I wonder what they are going to do in 1 year.
    People will only buy so many cosmetics before they have one for every char and slot. GGG needs some stuff that can be bought repeatedly.
    I wouldnt be all that opposed to them selling acts for maybe 10$ as long as they only add story+quests (that rewards stuff that can drop anyway)

Deleted
    ...after all, it DOES still need to make a profit.
    One of the more interesting points. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

They think that if they make the best game they possibly can people will put their wallet where their mouth is and start throwing money at them. Unfortunately, I bet they won't.

FYI you can buy less frivolous things, like me, stash tabs, you'll need em' for the tons of orbs or skill gems you're going to hoard.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    I think they'll even have to be more aggressive with the cash shop. The current stuff is decent I guess, but I wonder what they are going to do in 1 year.
    People will only buy so many cosmetics before they have one for every char and slot. GGG needs some stuff that can be bought repeatedly.
    I wouldnt be all that opposed to them selling acts for maybe 10$ as long as they only add story+quests (that rewards stuff that can drop anyway)
    The stuff the have on the cash shop now is more in the way of a test, they have talked about the oposit gender char model for your class, armour skins and more skill skins...there was also way back when talk of buying a league with custom rules for yourself...duno whats happening with that though

Deleted
    I already bought stash tabs, but in all honesty, I won't be buying any cosmetic enhancements, I have no desire to have them in this sort of game. I would have been happy to buy the game in the first place though, or to pay for increased content in the future. I'm also not entirely sure how they will make a profit long-term.

I do appreciate it, as well. Blizzard thinks people are "abusing" SnE in D2 and they need to force you to get out of combat to portal/leave the game but all they did was help make hardcore unplayable. If they had perfect servers and everyone had perfect connections...maybe. But they don't, and we don't. Good on PoE for doing everything it can to encourage people to challenge themselves with hardcore instead of doing everything it can to encourage people to play softcore and pay them money via trading. I simply hope that a game-oriented focus instead of a profit-oriented focus won't ruin the game in the long run...after all, it DOES still need to make a profit. With character customization so nonexistant (where are all the pretty hats?) I wonder how they will make much money via microtransactions without making the game p2w.
    Tbh if they are getting the servers cheep enough i think they are already making money...they smashed what the thought they would have by quite a bit...closed beta with their newly expanded server up to 56k bots to strees test it and they were very pleased with that, they did not expect 300k and more wanting to play the game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I already bought stash tabs, but in all honesty, I won't be buying any cosmetic enhancements, I have no desire to have them in this sort of game. I would have been happy to buy the game in the first place though, or to pay for increased content in the future. I'm also not entirely sure how they will make a profit long-term.
    Same here, would have been perfectly happy to fork something similar to the cost of TL2 for this game. A combination of BTP and micro-transaction shop they have in place now would have been fine. But I'm a firm believer in actually paying for stuff.
    As I've said a long way back in this thread, I think the coding on the game is piss poor, but the game is good.
    Last edited by mmoc94e579c637; 2013-02-04 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Tbh if they are getting the servers cheep enough i think they are already making money...they smashed what the thought they would have by quite a bit...closed beta with their newly expanded server up to 56k bots to strees test it and they were very pleased with that, they did not expect 300k and more wanting to play the game
    I hope so, it has a lot of potential. The mechanics are great, they just need to make it the kind of game you can't wait to log in to every day.

Personally, I'm just waiting for them to get to the point where the game is in the "totally finished" stage and they can start pumping out real flavor gear. My witch needs giant black demon wings so that everyone will know I'm special when I "afk" around town, after all.

I hope so, it has a lot of potential. The mechanics are great, they just need to make it the kind of game you can't wait to log in to every day.

Personally, I'm just waiting for them to get to the point where the game is in the "totally finished" stage and they can start pumping out real flavor gear. My witch needs giant black demon wings so that everyone will know I'm special when I "afk" around town, after all.
    Should have bought that platinum kiwi. Wish I had that kind of money just so that I could blast gangsta rap while cruising with my kiwi

Deleted

Unfortunately it's not that kind of game.
    Cosmetic gear is the least amount of pixels for your buck , in other words with everything happening on screen the way a character looks is barely noticeable.

Add to that the fact that town are not social hubs like their MMORPG counterparts.

Makes cosmetic not as attractive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    FYI you can buy less frivolous things, like me, stash tabs, you'll need em' for the tons of orbs or skill gems you're going to hoard.
    That's what I plan on wasting my money on, and I probably will buy right two stash tabs, the ones that cost 150 points, two of those I think.

Really needed lol.

This ain't WoW, Miss Lysah.

But yeah, it would be kinda nice if there was something like that.

They think that if they make the best game they possibly can people will put their wallet where their mouth is and start throwing money at them. Unfortunately, I bet they won't.
    Listened to an interview a couple days ago with a podcast show in NZ, and Chris Wilson touched on this just a bit - part of their current plan is aggressively adding new cosmetic, pet, and other such vanity options to the store.

They will also be (soon-ish) selling real life merchandise, like the soundtrack CD and T-shirts (and hopefully other clothing items like hats, jackets, or hoodies) for real cash.

Time will tell how the store evolves, but they definitely plan on adding more things to buy.

Tbh i would consider doing a sub for PoE but they would need to get payment options outside of the US before i would...don't like paying the bank extra just to convert digital currency.

Thats a volentery sub not a mandatory sub btw

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Listened to an interview a couple days ago with a podcast show in NZ, and Chris Wilson touched on this just a bit - part of their current plan is aggressively adding new cosmetic, pet, and other such vanity options to the store.

They will also be (soon-ish) selling real life merchandise, like the soundtrack CD and T-shirts (and hopefully other clothing items like hats, jackets, or hoodies) for real cash.

Time will tell how the store evolves, but they definitely plan on adding more things to buy.
    They will have to come up with character skins, spell skins (please help me get rid of the lousy zombie summons. How about making them into black skeletons ;( The ones you encounter later in the game, ACT III (or perhaps even AII)) and good cosmetic effects, but since there is no never-ending champion development as there is in LoL, it might be hard to actually make money off of this game. But I'll tell you, if they would add premium subs, This would be the game I would spend it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Tbh i would consider doing a sub for PoE but they would need to get payment options outside of the US before i would...don't like paying the bank extra just to convert digital currency.

Thats a volentery sub not a mandatory sub btw
    Actually, now I think about it, if there's not a thread already, I will make it, on the forums.
    http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/102173
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-02-04 at 10:06 PM.

Same here, would have been perfectly happy to fork something similar to the cost of TL2 for this game. A combination of BTP and micro-transaction shop they have in place now would have been fine. But I'm a firm believer in actually paying for stuff.
    As I've said a long way back in this thread, I think the coding on the game is piss poor, but the game is good.
    I'm curious as to how you know the coding is piss poor and why you think this? I don't mean it as an attack or anything like that, but it was only one person to code the whole game and well its bound to not be as optimized as say a company with millions of dollars and lots of programmers. I mean I've seen some glitches or bugs here and there but please show me a program that is bug free. The game seems to be coded pretty well for one man.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    I'm curious as to how you know the coding is piss poor and why you think this? I don't mean it as an attack or anything like that, but it was only one person to code the whole game and well its bound to not be as optimized as say a company with millions of dollars and lots of programmers. I mean I've seen some glitches or bugs here and there but please show me a program that is bug free. The game seems to be coded pretty well for one man.
    Especially when compared to AAA titles where you can't hit jumping mobs nor rebind your mouse buttons...just sayin'.