Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    So, long short story: this game is not casual friendly, it's niche are hardcore arpg online players who have alot of free time AND their D2/some other titles hunger is not filled enough by D3, because D3 gives your reward faster. PoE requires longer grind + is new, so everyone is playing as much as possible, increasing their stash content to be the one of "ubers" in the future, also they are testing new builds. Now: what if you are max geared and played all builds?:P One may say: pvp, but it's not the same, pvp shall be rewarding too :P In the end, we find that there is a reason why WoW has had +12mil subs, endless progress.
    You may say: by the time we max all in PoE, devs will give us new act. True or false, time will tell. I am wondering how PoE will be in the next 3 months.
    I really doubt people will be "max" geared as it's all subjective to gear and there's always that one better piece out there and also are you accounting fo rthem to be level 100? Last I recall no one hit that in CBT (please correct me if I am wrong). There is endless progression as you say in this game as there is so much to play with and to be honest I don't even want to think about the amount of combinations that can be done in this game and I enjoy math haha. All in all it's a game for the hardcore and fills a niche, so certain people will like it and others not.

Catering to a hardcore ARPG crowd is fairly accurate. That is the audience the game is aimed at as a core player base. It's even in their indie games submission video.

"Path of Exile is an action-RPG aimed at hardcore players which combines several complex game systems..."

The way crafting works in Path of Exile makes the "perfect" or "max" gear threshold somewhat impossible to achieve. I was one of the wealthiest players in CBT and was nowhere near "max" even for my level threshold.

Level 100 itself is designed to be a multi month goal, with the goal being a year+ for casual players. Again as stated by Chris Wilson on stream. Twice.

Note that no player to date has ever been close to max level. Even after a year of closed beta and dramatically increased XP rates in previous iterations.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-06 at 04:01 AM.

So a friend of mine logged on today and all his Orbs/gems etc. are all gone from his stash but he still has all his gear on his character. So I went over to his house checked the computer and it's clean. Also went through some logs on his router to see if anything suspicious was there and it was clean to. Also I've been on all day since the servers came up until I got the call from my friend and his character never logged on. I'm wondering if something happened with the servers going down or whatnot?

Is your friend still in the same league he had the items stashed?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Is your friend still in the same league he had the items stashed?
    Yupp we are softcore noobs :P

Well if you are sure that the items are not stashed in another league the only thing to do is send in a support ticket. Not too much anyone here can do or lend any concrete insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well if you are sure that the items are not stashed in another league the only thing to do is send in a support ticket. Not too much anyone here can do or lend any concrete insight.
    Yeah that's what I figured but hopefully they can do something but if not atleast he still has his character.

so im new with this game excuse this dumb questions but, will there be any more character wipes? or no?

No more wipes.

Open beta is effectively release.

No, there will be no more character wipes.

So, long short story: this game is not casual friendly, it's niche are hardcore arpg online players who have alot of free time AND their D2/some other titles hunger is not filled enough by D3, because D3 gives your reward faster. PoE requires longer grind + is new, so everyone is playing as much as possible, increasing their stash content to be the one of "ubers" in the future, also they are testing new builds. Now: what if you are max geared and played all builds?:P One may say: pvp, but it's not the same, pvp shall be rewarding too :P In the end, we find that there is a reason why WoW has had +12mil subs, endless progress.
    You may say: by the time we max all in PoE, devs will give us new act. True or false, time will tell. I am wondering how PoE will be in the next 3 months.
    Dude, if you ran out of wisdom scrolls, you're doing something wrong. I have 60 in my bags and I'm IDing _every single item_. @lvl30.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a projectile totem support gem and tried pairing it with Rain of Arrows. Man is it awesome. Just plop it down while I'm out of enemy's LoS and let it lob off arrows until it dies. Repeat until finished. Killed Brutus on solo cruel by letting it draw aggro and get chained while I got in some shots and laid down fire traps.

Anyone know what gem % becomes very sought after?

I have:

Infernal Blow (9%) + Infernal Blow (+10%)
    Iron Grip (+6)
    Raise Zombie (+13) - Got an offer for 1 chaos.

The long term progress in PoE should be playing new characters in all the different leagues/races. You can have one or a few maxed out characters, but then you can have army of other characters that come from all the different leagues and races. For me one week race is too long, but a weekend race or a day race or a few hour race ... sign me in Also long term I think PoE is intended to be played on HC. You can start on SC learn all the ropes but with all the characters you can get from events and the gradual increase of gear pool they will assemble it shouldn't matter if a few of them die and you should regardless of your ability be able to get a high level hc char.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    I hate one thing in this game: I have tons of blue/yellows, can't identify them. I can't even change TP scrolls into more Wisdom, because I have used all and I have like 1 scroll per 10 blue/yellows WTF....It is annoying, i stopped playing beacuse of that for a while, must rethink it. It is pain in the ass for me.
    You can trade other materials at the vendor for scrolls of wisdom if you think that's an effective way of doing it, Scrolls of Wisdom
    Portal Scroll = 1 Scroll of Wisdom
    Armourer's Scrap = 2 Scrolls of Wisdom
    Whetstone = 4 Scrolls of Wisdom
    Orb of Alteration = 4 Scrolls of Wisdom
    Orb of Transmutation = 4 Scrolls of Wisdom

Personally I quite like the fact that you can't just spam identify everything. If identify scrolls were so common that you could identify absolutely every crappy blue that you picked up, they'd have no value at all, and at that point, you might as well remove identify from the game as it has no value. The fact that you can't always identify everything, or you have to actually choose which items to identify, or whether to trade your other currency for wisdom scrolls adds an extra decision making process and an actual value to identified/unidentified.

Why would you leave a game because you don't get a free identify all; just vendor the blues unidentified, you still get mats, and have a strategy for what you decide to id / what currency you decide to trade for scrolls.

Unless the blue is something that you can potentially use/craft up, no point identifying it. You will always lose money on it.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    You can trade other materials at the vendor for scrolls of wisdom if you think that's an effective way of doing it, Scrolls of Wisdom
    Portal Scroll = 1 Scroll of Wisdom
    Armourer's Scrap = 2 Scrolls of Wisdom
    Whetstone = 4 Scrolls of Wisdom
    Orb of Alteration = 4 Scrolls of Wisdom
    Orb of Transmutation = 4 Scrolls of Wisdom

Personally I quite like the fact that you can't just spam identify everything. If identify scrolls were so common that you could identify absolutely every crappy blue that you picked up, they'd have no value at all, and at that point, you might as well remove identify from the game as it has no value. The fact that you can't always identify everything, or you have to actually choose which items to identify, or whether to trade your other currency for wisdom scrolls adds an extra decision making process and an actual value to identified/unidentified.

Why would you leave a game because you don't get a free identify all; just vendor the blues unidentified, you still get mats, and have a strategy for what you decide to id / what currency you decide to trade for scrolls.
    I don't get it. I have over 60 in my inventory (like 40+22? unless the max is 30 in a stack, then I have 50) and I actually ID everything that might have good stats. Including blues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I don't get it. I have over 60 in my inventory (like 40+22? unless the max is 30 in a stack, then I have 50) and I actually ID everything that might have good stats. Including blues.
    I've got like 120 in my stash right now but I probably only identify maybe 1/3rd of my stuff. I could see running out if I had been picking up and id'ing every single blue that ever dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post

This, the economy system is as solid as it gets and together with EvE-Online it's the two best economy models I ever seen in games.