Deleted
    This game is awesome! What class do you guys prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by RikPlastik View Post
    This game is awesome! What class do you guys prefer?
    All of them.

I have quite a few characters I cycle between, but my favorite ones thus far would be my summoner witch, dual claw elemental shadow (finally got Ele Hit! Woot!), and a bizarre marauder who uses leap slam and shield charge and just pings around the screen like a pinball.

It's possible to trade in lower tier currency items like scrolls and alteration orbs into higher tier currency too. So even with the incredible volume of those id scroll/scraps late game there is always purpose and value to... well, everything.

Echoing what Redblade said above; this is one of the most solid [& well thought out] game economies around.

The gameplay systems of Path of Exile are tight as a drum.

Only gotten to 38, but as soon as i die i delete my char and make a new hc char, love it so many builds and i can twink my new chars to with all the goodies i find. Im to carless and i rush to much will have to go slower so i can advance abit. 3th char now a DW dualist, love melee and i think a witch will be my only range char, tried a ranger before but i did not like it as much.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Random question: Can Leap Slam and Flicker Strike be used with Spell Totem? (at work and can't check atm) Because I can see that as being a hilariously awesome combo.

No, because Leap Slam and Flicker Strike are Attacks. Not Spells.

Spell Totem can only activate Spells.

Leap slam with spell totem would look very funny
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    No, because Leap Slam and Flicker Strike are Attacks. Not Spells.

Spell Totem can only activate Spells.
    Bah! Figured as much, just wanted to be sure.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So they got DDOS'd again. Seriously whoever keeps doing this is/are (a) real dickhead(s).

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/stat...84204452192256
    @PathofExile: Actually yes, we can now confirm it was two separate DDOS attacks, but that's not uncommon these days it seems
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I just set my stop-watch, and let you know how long it took.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Have to imagine they're butthurt Diablo 3 fans. Not to paint everybody who likes D3 negatively, to be clear. Just the people who log on only to say things like "Diablo 3 master race reporting in" and "lol PoE sucks Diablo 3 is better."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Have to imagine they're butthurt Diablo 3 fans. Not to paint everybody who likes D3 negatively, to be clear. Just the people who log on only to say things like "Diablo 3 master race reporting in" and "lol PoE sucks Diablo 3 is better."
    Damnit, someone does it, and it turns out to be a sensible person :P 'nyway, 2 minutes is 90secs better than I expected! And, to be fair, I really haven't seen much rabid fanticism in this thread lately, so 'tis all good^^
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    I just picked up Blood magic tonight on my lightning arrow ranger and man it is awesome, my life on hit is higher than the life-cost so I can basically cast all I want and it's free as long as it's hitting stuff.

I don't even understand the motives behind a DDOS against GGG.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Me neither, tbh. I mean, both it's "competitors" are B2P, so neither Blizz nor Runic lose money on PoE. PoE is aimed at a different audience, it's not controversial in any way I have seen so far, and last time I checked none of the four New Zealanders making it were on CIA's terror-list.

Makes about as much sense as CCP getting ddos'd a while back. There are people who think it's funny, that's about the long and short of it.

Deleted
    It's stupid but people do it for fun as well as malice. Could be someone hates the game, could be someone has a personal grudge against one of the developers or a moderator.. could just be a kid or a bunch of kids who get kicks out of knowing that they can take something down and disrupt potentially tens of thousands of peoples evening. It may be some testing software or their PC setup before DDOS'ing something bigger... or just someone who gets a laugh out of causing hassle. Whatever their reasons, it is sad and pathetic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I just picked up Blood magic tonight on my lightning arrow ranger and man it is awesome, my life on hit is higher than the life-cost so I can basically cast all I want and it's free as long as it's hitting stuff.
    What's your Hp and LS like?

And are you using any auras?

Been within one point of BM advancing my build in other directions for 5 lvls now, I'm a bit scared to dip in.

Yeah, it boggles my mind. Either some kid(s) who think it's "cool" or somebody has some personal grudge against someone at GGG.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying hard to like this game. I picked a Ranger, because even uncommon names (like, oh, Pendulous) were already taken, so I based my class choice (it's a brand new game, no telling what I'd like anyway) off what name I could use.

I like the idea of "leveling" your abilities with you. Someone compared it to Materia from FF7, which is pretty accurate. Not to mention the talent system working like FF10. This means that any class can basically use any skill, I think. But, I went pretty generic and started using ranged based skills. Ranged attacks and traps. I can't remember names so bear with me. The "multi" shot ability feels really weak. It's not so much the damage it does, it's that it seems to miss a lot more often than it should, to the point it doesn't even feel worth it. I've got another attack "Ice Shot" I think, that hits multiple targets, but more in a cone. And a fire trap that is fun.

So, being at only level 9, I have no issue with that yet. But I really don't understand the crafting and "currency" system. I picked up a great bow, but it has the wrong colored sockets on it. But I can't change the sockets, because I don't have a Chromatic Orb. Apparently, in order to get one, you have to sell an item that has one of each color, all linked. Meaning, a one-in-a-million chance it seems. Maybe less, but you know. OR, I can BUY an item with it, THEN sell it right back. I'm sorry. This just feels really...contrived? I can't think of the word, but it makes no sense. I can't buy most of the items I see on the vendors because I don't have the specific item I need that it costs. Makes for a very weird, and seemingly unfair, vendor system.

I like the potion things. I really like the fact that you can find magically enhanced potions, which gives buffs to them. I also have one that gives me 40% movement speed, so swift like the wind, for a couple seconds anyway.

One noob question. On the right, my mouse attacks are listed. My left mouse button attack on the left (which I have set to my normal attack) and my right mouse button on the right (which I have set to the multi-attack). And the other keybound attacks under it. But, what's the attack in between the two on the right? I can't figure that out.