1. #2141
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,109
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    There are also two things we remembered about recently that it turns out many advanced players don't know! They've been in the game for ages, but they were undocumented. The first is that you can hold alt (or whatever highlight key) while hovering an item in the trade screen to see its item level. The other is that you can hover over an item with the mouse cursor and press Ctrl+C to copy its properties into your clipboard.

    -http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/114858/page/1#p1123661

    About the ilvl, not sure why they just don't add it in the tooltip permanently...
    Yeah, that reminds me. The UI for buying and selling stuff is crap. You have to click and drag gear from or to the vendor's inventory, instead of having a shift-click type hotkey for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Alright got this linked finally this took aprox 53 fusions and yes I tally stuff don't ask why

    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Joxi5MM.png[IMG]

    Now to recolor it to G G R R B so far I've used about 102 Chrom jewels I predict this will be around 300-400

    -.-
    I don't know what "fusions" or "crimson effect" are, but I still want that bow.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  2. #2142
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah, that reminds me. The UI for buying and selling stuff is crap. You have to click and drag gear from or to the vendor's inventory, instead of having a shift-click type hotkey for it.
    Ctrl click the item you are selling...the buying still sucks though

  3. #2143
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah, that reminds me. The UI for buying and selling stuff is crap. You have to click and drag gear from or to the vendor's inventory, instead of having a shift-click type hotkey for it.


    I don't know what "fusions" or "crimson effect" are, but I still want that bow.


    Yes there is, ctrl+click.
    Crimson effect is from the cashshop.

  4. #2144
    One of the better known ARPGs out there deals with desync in a way that we believe contributes to the lack of challenge in the game (you pretty much ALWAYS hit)
    One of the GGG devs typed this on a recent post.
    Desync is a major problem with PoE but kind of defending its existence in order to preserve the challenge ...

    Its also bad that he says that Diablo 3 lacks challenge ... maybe they havent seen Inferno mode in all its glory. The Inferno mode was greatly nerfed but it still is challenging if u dont outgear the content.
    The need to nerf it was an atempt to catter to the more casual crowd since it is those who bring the money to the game. They might learn this lesson when they notice they arent getting much money from the shop since the hardcore players wont be supporting the game by buying stuff as much as they want to ...

    Anyway i just hope they dont start having illusions of grandeur.
    Last edited by Letsbefair; 2013-02-08 at 01:37 PM.
    by Aurust :
    Although i havent played it, there is I believe enough info to form a valid opinion.
    To give my opinion on the new WOW xpac..... Ive played enough wow to know MOP is a complete disaster..... I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.

  5. #2145
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I don't know what "fusions" or "crimson effect" are, but I still want that bow.
    Fusions ar a misspelling on his part...he means orbs of fusing, and the crimson effect is a cash shop weapon effect i think

  6. #2146
    Fluffy Kitten Azuri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Letsbefair View Post
    Anyway i just hope they dont start having illusions of grandeur.
    Indie devolper. They don't have a huge workforce or shareholders to deal with. They can keep the game niche for the hardcore ARPG players.

    Interesting note the game is f2p and they generated almost $3 million during closed beta support from the fans. Since their staff is so small that's a sizable chunk of change before even going to open beta.
    • PSN ID: Azuri118 •

  7. #2147
    Quote Originally Posted by Letsbefair View Post
    Its also bad that he says that Diablo 3 lacks challenge ... maybe they havent seen Inferno mode in all its glory. The Inferno mode was greatly nerfed but it still is challenging if u dont outgear the content.
    The need to nerf it was an atempt to catter to the more casual crowd since it is those who bring the money to the game. They might learn this lesson when they notice they arent getting much money from the shop since the hardcore players wont be supporting the game by buying stuff as much as they want to ...

    Anyway i just hope they dont start having illusions of grandeur.
    Generally speaking, D3 does lack challenge. It is a straightforward and simple ARPG the lacks any real depth and is a great introductory game for people who have never played an ARPG before.

    As for GGG, I think they said they made $2.6mil from microtransactions last year, which allowed them to grow their team and make the game even better. So I wouldn't say that the hardcore gamers aren't willing to support a game they enjoy. And as for illusions of grandeur, they're no Bioware , they seem to be very grounded.

    On another note, I got my DW EleHit into Lunaris before I had to run to work today. That big brute creature hits like a freight train! I had to skip him or he would have killed me for sure. I'm at 60%+ ele resist, so I'm hoping that is enough for Piety. I'd really like to get a few levels so I can grab some nearby HP nodes, but I'm already 1-2 levels over the map level, so I may just give it a shot.

    I also have an LMP, Fork, Ice Shot ranger that just hit Act 3. Very impressive, though she could use a Clarity, especially when I swap LMP for GMP.

  8. #2148
    Quote Originally Posted by Letsbefair View Post
    They might learn this lesson when they notice they arent getting much money from the shop since the hardcore players wont be supporting the game by buying stuff as much as they want to ...
    I'd say you are wrong here, I personally spent more than I'd normally would on a free game due to how well it caters to my needs, I think you will find that the hardcore gamer has no issue supporting a game as long as their interests aren't put aside to make money of the casual herd.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  9. #2149
    TBH this game less challenging than inferno, haven't done the custom map stuff yet.

    But I did finish diablo before the first nerf wave, and no matter how you painted it it was challenging.
    Had to resort to group play and use people as monster bait just to get past tower of the damned.

  10. #2150
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    TBH this game less challenging than inferno, haven't done the custom map stuff yet.

    But I did finish diablo before the first nerf wave, and no matter how you painted it it was challenging.
    Had to resort to group play and use people as monster bait just to get past tower of the damned.
    Maby before the nerfs, D3 inferno is faceroll now really really easy.

  11. #2151
    I am Murloc! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    5,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    TBH this game less challenging than inferno, haven't done the custom map stuff yet.

    But I did finish diablo before the first nerf wave, and no matter how you painted it it was challenging.
    Had to resort to group play and use people as monster bait just to get past tower of the damned.
    You realise that's like saying "Diablo's not difficult, but then I've not done infero" . The Maps are where they REALLY stick it to people, difficulty wise. I've not tried them either yet, but I watched my friend do a fairly easy one and his group still got STOMPED. Increased Ele damage + enemies fire more projectiles x a rare with spark = pwnt
    Reading the A song of Ice and Fire series is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere and shoots the puppy, then punches you in the face

  12. #2152
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    TBH this game less challenging than inferno, haven't done the custom map stuff yet.

    But I did finish diablo before the first nerf wave, and no matter how you painted it it was challenging.
    Had to resort to group play and use people as monster bait just to get past tower of the damned.
    You're confusing difficulty with poor design, a game that forces you to log out to reset the map because you had a bad elite pack isn't difficult it's just bad design. Difficulty is something you, through skill and knowhow, should be able to overcome through playing the game. Belial is an example of difficulty where as fast+fire chains+jailer+vortex mobs in the keep (can't remember name right now) is an example of poor design.

    And I cleared Inferno pre-nerfs as well.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  13. #2153
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    You realise that's like saying "Diablo's not difficult, but then I've not done infero" . The Maps are where they REALLY stick it to people, difficulty wise. I've not tried them either yet, but I watched my friend do a fairly easy one and his group still got STOMPED. Increased Ele damage + enemies fire more projectiles x a rare with spark = pwnt
    No.
    That's like saying I haven't done UBERS yet, and also it's a disclaimer.
    Although if I ever got something like:
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post

    I would just skip it and not bang my head against the wall while shouting "I'm so HARDCORE", so it's not exactly the same thing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    You're confusing difficulty with poor design, a game that forces you to log out to reset the map because you had a bad elite pack isn't difficult it's just bad design. Difficulty is something you, through skill and knowhow, should be able to overcome through playing the game. Belial is an example of difficulty where as fast+fire chains+jailer+vortex mobs in the keep (can't remember name right now) is an example of poor design.

    And I cleared Inferno pre-nerfs as well.
    Something like the maps I posted above. oh, yeah...

    And lets make something clear ARPGs are not about "skill" in the Ninja Gaiden sense, they are about your skill to micromanage and plan ahead, it's all built around the power creep, and item hunt.

    That's why I like poe so much, and why I think the boss fights are way better than the ones in D3, except Vaal.
    Btw I consider Belial to be the worst fight in D3, it's a typical MMO fight and has nothing to do with ARPGs. After farming Raggy HC for months going to Belial to see a mirror fight was the worst moment of D3 for me.
    Last edited by Diocassius; 2013-02-08 at 03:49 PM.

  14. #2154
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    Something like the maps I posted above. oh, yeah...
    A map you can chose to not do, it's not a part of a linear progression path. I bet you knew already that it's a poor argument though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    And lets make something clear ARPGs are not about "skill" in the Ninja Gaiden sense, they are about your skill to micromanage and plan ahead, it's all built around the power creep, and item hunt.
    You brought up challenge...and compared it to Diablo 3, a game with a horrible design to try and create the illusion of challenge, that has since been nerfed time and time again to be playable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    That's why I like poe so much, and why I think the boss fights are way better than the ones in D3, except Vaal.
    Btw I consider Belial to be the worst fight in D3, it's a typical MMO fight and has nothing to do with ARPGs. After farming Raggy HC for months going to Belial to see a mirror fight was the worst moment of D3 for me.
    I don't necessarily disagree, I merely used it to illustrate the difference.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  15. #2155
    The Unstoppable Force I change my name a lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,538
    Hahaha ahhhh 180 Chrom jewels so far like I expect this to be around 300-400 =/ by the time I get my results.

  16. #2156
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    A map you can chose to not do, it's not a part of a linear progression path. I bet you knew already that it's a poor argument though.
    That's why I felt could make an assessment of POE's difficulty without experiencing them.

    Also I can add that POE is a much friendlier game for hardcore players. There are far less oh shit moments.
    There is the instance where you walk up 3 corridors and 5 rooms to find no mobs and in the next room, bam 20 mobs and an elite with some aura.
    But it's not on the same level as say vortex, frozen, arcane, fast soul lasher would give you a heart attack. Guess that's the sort of bad design D3 has and you were talking about.

  17. #2157
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    That's why I felt could make an assessment of POE's difficulty without experiencing them.
    Why assess it in the first place if you are going to turn around and say it's irrelevant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    Also I can add that POE is a much friendlier game for hardcore players. There are far less oh shit moments.
    There is the instance where you walk up 3 corridors and 5 rooms to find no mobs and in the next room, bam 20 mobs and an elite with some aura.
    But it's not on the same level as say vortex, frozen, arcane, fast soul lasher would give you a heart attack. Guess that's the sort of bad design D3 has and you were talking about.
    Yeah, it's design is better, there are tough situations but nothing that gets so out of hand (so far) that it's just impossible with insta death as a result (exception being Kripp's death I suppose). The difficulty in a ARPG should lie in having a solid spec, gear to support it and mechanics that force you to pay attention at end game to not be boring while farming for more gear. PoE fills all these needs so far, although I have not yet gotten to maps as my level 61 had a unfortunate encounter with some rock throwing hooligans, almost back on track now though.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  18. #2158
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Why assess it in the first place if you are going to turn around and say it's irrelevant?



    Yeah, it's design is better, there are tough situations but nothing that gets so out of hand (so far) that it's just impossible with insta death as a result (exception being Kripp's death I suppose). The difficulty in a ARPG should lie in having a solid spec, gear to support it and mechanics that force you to pay attention at end game to not be boring while farming for more gear. PoE fills all these needs so far, although I have not yet gotten to maps as my level 61 had a unfortunate encounter with some rock throwing hooligans, almost back on track now though.
    YOu never turned a corner in caverns of wrath and ran into 4 suicide squids?
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

  19. #2159
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    YOu never turned a corner in caverns of wrath and ran into 4 suicide squids?
    Nope (excluding normal where they won't kill you), as I expected them to be around every corner...

    Besides, they are not impossible to deal with in any way shape or form as long as you play smart, some combinations in pre-nerf D3 was as close to impossible as you can get, not to mention unavoidable.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2013-02-08 at 04:45 PM.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  20. #2160
    Sigh@ XP loss, can't even farm ledge. So tired off it. Got no propor wealth to buy gear that nobody seems to have anyway spamming trade, and cruel XP farming aint much safer.

    I know part off the game and blabla...but I like to play fast...Thats why I dont touch hard-core ever, witch is mostly just being scared and playing really slow all the time . Just getting silly dying inn 3 sec's.

    Edit: Maybe Witch just aint very duarble. Almost thinking about trying Templar.
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •