Quote Originally Posted by Dude From Denmark View Post
    I was wondering if people that have done Acts on the harder modes wont be out-leveled when the new content comes for Act 3 and futher and will just be trolling through it all because of good gear and higher level?
    Only a relatively small amount of players would be that high level. The other thing is that GGG can just make new content really hard. It is quite possible [and common] for a level 87-88 player to die in a level 77 Map, for example.

Also the game is an ARPG by design. Which is to say the "content" isn't intended for exploring. A in ARPG doesn't stand for Adventure. The "quests", super scare quotes on that, are a gameplay device to move players to the farming areas.

In short; it doesn't matter at all what level new content is added.

...And this is why i rather want new content then doing the harder modes. I want to have fun on my main and explore new things as i level and not just do the same areas over and over and become way too OP for future content
    You are going to die in maps I promise you this there is no possible way you can actually BE OP in the end game like sorry you are going to die in that game and very VERY painfully. Oh and leveling is hard and stressful as hell like arg around 70+ is where it goes into I gouge my eyes out mode in terms of leveling
    Last edited by N-aix; 2013-02-17 at 06:27 PM.

Once you hit about level 70-72 it takes like a day of pure grinding to get even 1 level. Of course, that is assuming you don't die while grinding. As a single death will set you back hours. When you hit the 80s, it could easily take 2-3 days to get a single level.

Can you lose levels when you die? I want to say no, since I died relatively close to leveling and didn't lose that level, but I'm not entirely sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Once you hit about level 70-72 it takes like a day of pure grinding to get even 1 level. Of course, that is assuming you don't die while grinding. As a single death will set you back hours. When you hit the 80s, it could easily take 2-3 days to get a single level.
    Thats not completely true, it depends how well your spec is up to 74 leveling can be -really easy- if your spec is good enough to deal with docks, i dont even remember 65-74 cause i grinded docks for a day and my pure summoner spec facerolls it along with most maps as long as i pay attention and dont run like a retard ;D

After that its how well you handle maps, generally if the spec is good up to 79 which is 60-65mil per level, you can gain a level in a few hours after that you can simply have high level maps and go as fast, but those are rare ;3 so the 85 mil for 79-80 are a bit too much and will take longer than a day since the XP from 66 maps starts becoming useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Can you lose levels when you die? I want to say no, since I died relatively close to leveling and didn't lose that level, but I'm not entirely sure.
    Naw you can't lose levels; so it's better to grind out somewhere safe and ding, and then take on a scary map or boss when you've freshly levelled since then you won't lose anything (assuming you're already on softcore).
    Moderator of Professions & Garrisons | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

Currently playing: Warlords of Draenor | Diablo 3 | Hex TCG | Heroes of the Storm
    Steam

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Thats not completely true
    Generally speaking, it is true. Leveling slows down around the mid 70s.

Generally speaking, it is true. Leveling slows down around the mid 70s.
    Don't remind me 83-84 is horrid and I've died like 8 times because my crew likes to drag me to high level maps which I don't mind just they like to the stupidiest mods like Temp chains

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 08:02 PM ----------

Oh and I did finish the 5L to the best bow in the game well obviously next to mine which both are worth 15+++ Exalted on a side note :O

SUCCESS!

20 20 20 20 20 17 9 and my gems are almost done I should do HC soon n.n
    Last edited by N-aix; 2013-02-17 at 08:05 PM.

You're still not level 100 slacker.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now

I am 100 in my mind that counts!

xD

Only a relatively small amount of players would be that high level. The other thing is that GGG can just make new content really hard. It is quite possible [and common] for a level 87-88 player to die in a level 77 Map, for example.

Also the game is an ARPG by design. Which is to say the "content" isn't intended for exploring. A in ARPG doesn't stand for Adventure. The "quests", super scare quotes on that, are a gameplay device to move players to the farming areas.

In short; it doesn't matter at all what level new content is added.
    It dosnt? I would assume that when they add more stuff to Act 3 you´re about lvl 36ish before going to a harder mode, which means that they will make the next zone around that lvl. What will happend if you have done Cruel and Merciless and are lvl 60-70ish and begin on the new part in Act 3? I would say that you have become way over leveled and geared that the place is way too easy for you, unless GGG makes a system that reacts to your lvl/gear

It dosnt? I would assume that when they add more stuff to Act 3 you´re about lvl 36ish before going to a harder mode, which means that they will make the next zone around that lvl. What will happend if you have done Cruel and Merciless and are lvl 60-70ish and begin on the new part in Act 3? I would say that you have become way over leveled and geared that the place is way too easy for you, unless GGG makes a system that reacts to your lvl/gear
    Well, it could be around level 36 if you go back to normal for it, higher if you go back to run it on cruel, and even higher again if you go back and do it on merciless. If you want to faceroll it you could then go back and do it on the easier difficulties, go if you want to continue with the added challenge you do it on the merciless.

My god I just was dragged into a Elemental 72 reflection map like I couldn't do a dam thing like 1 shot took 30% of my health LOL felt like a leech and alt f4'd <.<

/cries

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    My god I just was dragged into a Elemental 72 reflection map like I couldn't do a dam thing like 1 shot took 30% of my health LOL felt like a leech and alt f4'd <.<

/cries
    See, your build sucks and you need better gear. And you thought you were almost done.
    Random casual stuff now

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    See, your build sucks and you need better gear. And you thought you were almost done.
    ._______.

~Re-rolls

._______.

~Re-rolls
    I forgot LMP was green and Hanna only has red/blue sockets so it turns out I don't need your help anyway :3
    She got her cloak of flame to RBBB GB and I told her to stop at that for now, not sure if it's even remotely possible to 6 link a level 32 chest without spending 102912512875 orbs. Spell totem firestorm!
    Random casual stuff now

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I forgot LMP was green and Hanna only has red/blue sockets so it turns out I don't need your help anyway :3
    She got her cloak of flame to RBBB GB and I told her to stop at that for now, not sure if it's even remotely possible to 6 link a level 32 chest without spending 102912512875 orbs. Spell totem firestorm!
    6L a 32 chest O_O No way I wouldn't haha you already know my results :P

6L a 32 chest O_O No way I wouldn't haha you already know my results :P
    Yeah, and I'm not very lucky either =p
    Random casual stuff now

I-NO what kind of build are you using on your ranger?
    I just found a 15% frenzy gem, and was about to make a ranger, so decided to make it frenzy based (:

Seeing your bow it seems you're going for physical damage. This means taking a lot of crit-nodes or just +phys damage ones?
    What kind of support gems do you put on frenzy?

Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    I-NO what kind of build are you using on your ranger?
    I just found a 15% frenzy gem, and was about to make a ranger, so decided to make it frenzy based (:

Seeing your bow it seems you're going for physical damage. This means taking a lot of crit-nodes or just +phys damage ones?
    What kind of support gems do you put on frenzy?

Thanks a lot!
    Oh no this is a frenzy based elemental destruction build like here :P http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/vie...d/67358/page/1

I modified the build a little since I got the best bow in the game which well makes me not miss thus I can take out the talent which does the same thing but it doesn't allow me to crit.

Frenzy DPS: 17992.1 - AoE Rain of Arrows: 8121.1
    Base crit - 5%
    Attacks per second Frenzy - 0.17
    Attacks per second RoA - 0.27

Like a machine gun :P

My build requires you to have a unique quiver called ''Blackgleam'' despite it isn't exactly THAT required it is highly suggested
    Last edited by N-aix; 2013-02-18 at 01:01 AM.