I feel the maps should be more common to enter 66s. From within 66+ maps every boss should guarantee drop 1 map of equal or next tier. However, the chisels should be rarer and have a bigger impact on the quality of the maps.

Perfectly fine with the XP rate. Level 100 is suppose to be a life long goal of the character. I am okay with it taking a long time.

Actually, feel the Xp penalty for softcore is too light. Should be about 20% higher since softies get infinite attempts and can make stupid builds like "all damage", "crit" and "400k flicker strike!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    You know being top 20 in ladder is actually f'ing terrible because the map system imo needs to be re-worked like the groups are so g'dam limited It's not exactly fun but rather atrocious. That is the only way to level is by maps and It's a ''Path'' a terrible one example

End game starts at 66 via map and they drop the following with 66 being the average drop. Maps aren't a joke to find well maybe the shit ones hence groups are formed and you can't join a group when It's full most of the time despite I have a crew myself I can't exactly force them to kick one another since you know lols
    66| 67 68
    68| 69 70
    And so on getting high level maps in this game is so g-dam horrible It's like well my usual words gouging your eyes with a rusted spoon

Like a 66-68 map? They don't even give me exp well a few bits like 0.2% of a bar which is just what the F. A 70 map gives probably 0.7% of my bar a 74 map gives me probably 2% of my bar

AND THEY ONCE MORE HARD TO FIND NOT NICE

._______.
    Not to put you down, because within what you write, things do make sense. But is there any chance you will ever punctuate your sentences so I actually bother to read all of it?

Woo...new cosmetic spark spiders

Finally tuned my build to work properly and got my baller in to end game, at 71 now and my plan seems to hold up perfectly even without perfecting the gear all to much.

Build currently, build at 100.

I ended up deciding to stack both health and ES with lots of ES passives, using the build with the Saffell's Frame unique shield that provides me with an additional 5% max resists for a total of 90 once Purity gets leveled up, now if only I could manage to get my 5/6 link sorted so I can get fire penetration added...

Next up is either one of Kripp's builds or a dual totem summoner I think.

Edit: Here is something for anyone making a fire caster to drool over. :P

Last edited by Redblade; 2013-02-26 at 12:15 PM.

I am scared of cruel vaal as 2h marauder. I think I might use poison arrow for this dude as I am not going anywhere near him lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenion View Post
    I am scared of cruel vaal as 2h marauder. I think I might use poison arrow for this dude as I am not going anywhere near him lol.
    Marauder isn't bad for him, if you have heavy strike/added fire damage and faster attacks and leap slam and a good weapon, at one point during the closed beta i was hitting him hard and fast enough that he was constantly getting knocked back to the point of being unable to do anything...he only managed to spit out some adds the disappear once.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the Chamber of Sins Cruel on my Marauder Facebreaker. Picked up the Blood Magic support gem for Infernal Blow, and combined with Life on Hit and Additional Melee Damage the ability is pretty powerful. Able to handle areas that are a level or two higher than I am as long as I play somewhat cautiously. Have enough life and life regen that I gain back what spend on IB before I can swing again, so the health cost is almost nonexistent.

Here's where I'm at now. Aiming to pick up the elemental resistance and life/life regen nodes near Vaal Pact.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Marauder isn't bad for him, if you have heavy strike/added fire damage and faster attacks and leap slam and a good weapon, at one point during the closed beta i was hitting him hard and fast enough that he was constantly getting knocked back to the point of being unable to do anything...he only managed to spit out some adds the disappear once.
    Well I am generally afraid of getting 1 shotted by stomp attack for melee with HC character.
    I can dodge it, but do I really want to take that chance?

---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 03:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    At the Chamber of Sins Cruel on my Marauder Facebreaker. Picked up the Blood Magic support gem for Infernal Blow, and combined with Life on Hit and Additional Melee Damage the ability is pretty powerful. Able to handle areas that are a level or two higher than I am as long as I play somewhat cautiously. Have enough life and life regen that I gain back what spend on IB before I can swing again, so the health cost is almost nonexistent.

Here's where I'm at now. Aiming to pick up the elemental resistance and life/life regen nodes near Vaal Pact.
    Since you are using blood magic gem instead of passive are you using mana for auras? how many auras are you running on marauder?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently running three auras: Hatred, Anger, and Vitality. Thinking about getting rid of Anger for a different gem, either Purity or Determination. Would need to get more Int if I want to run Clarity, though there is a unique that I've been eyeing that could fulfill that need in lieu of talents. Would need to pick up the reduced mana reserved talents, though.
    Last edited by Grizzly Willy; 2013-02-26 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Derped on Clarity, supposed to be Purity.

Deleted
    Does anyone know if the Reduced Mana Gem will lower the mana for mana reserved abilties like Tempest Sheild?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude From Denmark View Post
    Does anyone know if the Reduced Mana Gem will lower the mana for mana reserved abilties like Tempest Sheild?
    If I remember correctly that has a % Based mana reserve thus it won't work now if it has a BASE number pool then yeah it will work.

I seem to recall a post on the forums with a dev telling us it doesn't though i'm not sure if it does or not...never tried it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    If I remember correctly that has a % Based mana reserve thus it won't work now if it has a BASE number pool then yeah it will work.

I seem to recall a post on the forums with a dev telling us it doesn't though i'm not sure if it does or not...never tried it
    Well that sucks Thanks for the info tho

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't. Reduced mana cost talents I've taken haven't reduced the amount of mana reserved by skills.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It works, tested in game now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maky13 View Post
    Weird. Guess auras work differently then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maky13 View Post
    Nice, i just tried it out and it works like a charm. Im so glad i took the gem anyway

Reduced mana talents and skills reduce the mana reserved by auras. Of course, they do. Any hing with a mana cost is reduced by such gems/talents.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I pray and pray that they improve this map system like arg It's really really irritating that I can't find other groups with decent level maps or are full most of the time and yes that includes my own personal group.

Sigh makes me wanna retire PoE as well It's really really frustrating
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-02-27 at 12:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Reduced mana talents and skills reduce the mana reserved by auras. Of course, they do. Any hing with a mana cost is reduced by such gems/talents.
    Not in my experience. When I took the talents the cost of my auras stayed the same.

Edit: Here's the Wiki link. Only reduced mana reserved talents and reduced mana cost support gems affect auras.
    Last edited by Grizzly Willy; 2013-02-27 at 01:08 AM.