At the moment most of my mana is spent on auras. I link BM in a 5L chest with Cleave, Dual Strike, Life Leech and Faster Attacks. I have just enough mana to Leap Slam and Cyclone at the moment.

Not done with my build. Skills/gear will change once I am out of the Mara hp section and head up pass Templar to Inner Force. Where I gain a lot more Int.

Planning on;

Ar/Ev 6L: Cleave + Faster Attacks + Weapon Elemental Damage + Life Leech + Blood Magic + Added Cold Damage
    Ar/Ev 4L: Cyclone + Faster Attacks + Weapon Elemental Damage + Life Leech
    Ar/Ev 4L: Dual Strike + Faster Attacks + Weapon Elemental Damage + Life Leech
    Ar/Ev 4L: Anger + Wrath + Reduced Mana + Blood Magic
    Weapon 3L: Determination + Grace + Reduced Mana
    Weapon 3L: Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + Stun
    (flip) Shield 3L: Purity + (rank 1) Leap Slam + Reduced Mana

Didn't think of BM, then it might work.

Well, I do have a lot of natural passive regen, regen per via double coral rings and life leech from physical and elemental damage. Natch.

So far I am fairly well topped off in cruel act 3. Though I might rush Resolute Technique pretty soon. The mutants in the sewers can be scary at times if I miss a few swings.

I greatly enjoy melee classes in games. Ranged/magic just isn't a style I gravitate toward. Having a lot of fun so far.

Also, I am in SOFTCORE. Yes, I died to goatmen in HC Cruel and just said, "Screw it. I'm bad."
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-03-18 at 12:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been working on that Blood Summoner Marauder I mentioned a bit back, and I'm wishing I started in HC. Up to Vaal Pyramid and I haven't died yet, and I've been using a 2 hander with Sweep and Heavy Strike to maintain leveling speed while I work on getting my minion viability up.

Are you using Queen's Decree?

I did a melee Templar summoner once. Was okay, blood summoning is a different ball of wax.

Ancestral Race was super fun, and I'm looking forward to the Ancestral Turbo Race next weekend! I'm also hoping that this is available for custom leagues.

I've been having a lot of fun running the races, so I've started to split my characters between leagues, since I have a few friends that aren't of the mindset for hardcore. I've got a few chars slowing making their way forward, though I'm not sure how they will turn out since I usually try and go for odd builds (though I am trying to grab all nearby HP nodes that I can).

10+ Year Old Account
    Only unique I've been using is the Bones of Ullr, which I found a week or so ago. Not at the level required to use Queen's Decree, but I'll probably pick it up when I can. A bit low on currency, though.

ohh hoo, reading that PoE now has 2 mil accounts...would prefer to see something official but thats prety damn good for a f2p game

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/267728

The diamond supporter/forum mod mentions it down near the bottom

Changes to loot incoming:

Version 0.10.3c

Magic items are no longer allocated to specific players when they drop. The only items allocated are: Uniques, Rares, Gems, Currency and Maps.
    Increased the base duration of the item allocation timer from 1.6 seconds to 2.6 seconds. There is still a bonus allocation time for characters that are a distance away (travel time +10%).
    Allocated items no longer show a countdown timer or player name. They are still dimmed out while they are allocated to someone else.
    These changes were made to reduce the number of allocated items (for readability), increase their allocation duration (for fairness) and to reduce the visual chaos associated with the timer and allocation name appearing and disappearing (for readability). In our testing it is now much easier to see what items bosses drop and to click the items that are allocated to you.

These changes are the result of a lot of internal testing and discussion of player feedback. We will certainly make changes to the looting system in the future based on continued feedback. After you've tried out the new patch, we'd like to hear:

Was it easier to read what items drop now that fewer are allocated and the size of the item hovers doesn't change?
    Does the increased allocation duration help enough in terms of being able to grab items in time assuming you react quickly?
    Source: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/268683

Hmm. Interesting. While I think I like this for PUGs, I didn't mind the game showing the character's name on the drop when playing with RL friends. Either way, the extra second is more than welcome.

Died on last nights when I was looking for the totem granting cold damage, and BAM! frozen...frozen...frozen...frozen...frozen...dead. Then Chatters walks out from this tiny alcove with a big ass grin on his face. I had no idea he was there. LOL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Think it's a little easier to run Duelist based around cyclone to start. Marauder take a while to get going if Cyclone is your main skill. And you'll be heading to the deep Duelist tree anyway. In my opinion, I think a cyclone build is basically a version of a dual wield cleaver build. That seems to be the most damage you'll get out of cyclone.

Running my own Duelist w/ cyclone; build.

Dual Strike, Cleave, Cyclone, Leap Slam. Anger, Wrath, Grace.

Paper stats:

Keystone
    Iron Reflexes: Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour
    Resolute Technique: Your hits can't be Evaded
    Resolute Technique: Never deal Critical Strikes

Stats
    +320 to Strength
    +150 to Dexterity
    +90 to Intelligence

Life
    +72 to maximum Life
    5.8% of Life Regenerated per Second
    229% increased maximum Life
    2% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched back as Life

Mana
    32% increased maximum Mana
    40% increased Mana Regeneration Rate

Physical Damage
    38% increased Melee Physical Damage
    30% increased Physical Damage with One Handed Melee Weapons

Elemental Damage
    80% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
    41% increased Elemental Damage

Fire Damage
    30% increased Fire Damage with Weapons

Resistance
    +25% to all Elemental Resistances

Attack Speed
    27% increased Attack Speed
    3% increased Attack Speed with One Handed Melee Weapons
    8% increased Attack Speed while Dual Wielding

Armour
    32% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
    Ignore all Movement Penalties from Armour
    95% increased Armour

Critical Strike
    You take 30% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes

Movement
    2% increased Movement Speed

Misc
    +2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range
    30% increased Effect of Buffs on You
    20% increased Radius of Area Skills
    8% increased Area Damage
    39% increased Physical Weapon Damage while Dual Wielding
    Yeah i have been thinking about making a duelist for Cyclone but i find the Marauder more interesting to work with tho it seems arkward to begin build around since it requires dex notes which means that you would probably go a weird way in the skill tree

I think the loot changes sorta are pointless.

I mean, it's nice that there is less "visual" clutter. And Lord knows, there is so much loot in this game you literally can not see a damn thing. Yea, that's cool. Thanks, Chris Wilson. #1 bro NZ.

However the looting system for parties, especially for public parties, is still terrible.

Yeah i have been thinking about making a duelist for Cyclone but i find the Marauder more interesting to work with tho it seems arkward to begin build around since it requires dex notes which means that you would probably go a weird way in the skill tree
    It's of course totally possible as a Marauder. Eventually you will end up deep in the Duelist tree since that is where the bulk of one-handed/dual wield nodes and Master of the Arena are located.

Likewise, you will end up as a Duelist going all the way to the Marauder and Templar trees eventually.

So it's all a wash in the end really.

Certainly Marauder is more flexible. Gives a lot of life early one and defense. Etc. However, I always feel Marauder starts to slow done around the mid 40s to mid 50s. When damage output becomes less about the gear alone and more about how you maximize it through the tree and gear. For me, the new Duelist has a nicer mid game transition and very quick start as melee.

Up to you how that leveling curve works out. Because again, both classes will end up almost identical with the build.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-03-18 at 04:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I think the loot changes sorta are pointless.

I mean, it's nice that there is less "visual" clutter. And Lord knows, there is so much loot in this game you literally can not see a damn thing. Yea, that's cool. Thanks, Chris Wilson. #1 bro NZ.

However the looting system for parties, especially for public parties, is still terrible.

It's of course totally possible as a Marauder. Eventually you will end up deep in the Duelist tree since that is where the bulk of one-handed/dual wield nodes and Master of the Arena are located.

Likewise, you will end up as a Duelist going all the way to the Marauder and Templar trees eventually.

So it's all a wash in the end really.

Certainly Marauder is more flexible. Gives a lot of life early one and defense. Etc. However, I always feel Marauder starts to slow done around the mid 40s to mid 50s. When damage output becomes less about the gear alone and more about how you maximize it through the tree and gear. For me, the new Duelist has a nicer mid game transition and very quick start as melee.

Up to you how that leveling curve works out. Because again, both classes will end up almost identical with the build.
    Would it be stupid to use Cyclone with a 2 handed weapon? Thats actually why im building a Cyclone Marauder.

Cyclone is okay with a 2h weapon. Will flat out get more damage off duel wielding though. Especially if combined with elemental cleaving. Which is a good idea as Cyclone alone is not always super awesome due to terrain or when mobs are spread out.

If going for 2h cycloning, I think a build based on either Leap Slam &/or big dmg conversion via Lighting Strike is best. That's where a 2h weapon really shines- leap slam stunning and lightning strike mass aoe. Use +movespeed with Cyclone to clean up whatever is left afterward.

Ordinarily one wouldn't want high move speed with Cyclone if dual wielding. Though +movespeed helps a lot if maximizing stun and shock stacks via Leap Slam and Lightning Strike. Would probably go Blood Magic too. Which equals more spammy skills and physical tankiness.

2h Cyclone is more in line with a "berserking barbarian" in theme and playstyle than duel wield version. If that is important to ya. ;D
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-03-18 at 05:06 PM.

New patch notes are up: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/274216

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    Version 0.10.4
    Content:

• Added a new Dexterity/Intelligence skill - Arctic Armour: Summons an icy shield that protects against physical and fire damage. It drains your mana while active and at a faster rate while you are moving. When you have no mana left, the skill turns off. While active, it leaves a trail of ground ice which lasts for a short duration.
    • Added three new cosmetic microtransaction effects: Stormcloud Arctic Armour, White Cyclone and Silver Wings (helmet effect). These can be purchased in the shop on the website.
    • Added four new Unique items, two of which were designed by Diamond supporters.
    • Continued to incrementally improve the art, effects and environments and audio.

Features:

• Quest rewards that used to grant passive skill points or passive refund points now give you a book that does the same thing when right clicked. This quest item cannot be traded and has been added to make the reward more understandable to new players.
    • Item drops from monsters are now calculated based on the number of players nearby rather than the number in the instance. The quantity of drops is based on the minimum of the number of players who were around at the start and end of the fight. This means that if you spawn a boss alone before bringing in friends to help (or if the friends leave during the fight) then it will only drop enough items for one person.
    • You can now press Ctrl+C while hovering an item in chat to copy a description of the item (including itemlevel) to the clipboard.
    • The Way Forward quest now appears in both Act One and Act Two after opening the passage.
    • Special music has been added that plays when act bosses have been slain.
    • When a player is teleported out of a bandit fight, their minions are now also. Their totems, traps and mines are now destroyed.
    • All minion corpses, traps, totems, mines and player buffs are destroyed between PvP rounds.
    • If you die after a PvP match ends, you now get the resurrect button, rather than having to log out.

Balance:

• The new skill, Arctic Armour, has been added to the quest rewards as follows: Ranger and Shadow (Caged Brute quest), Witch and Duelist (Intruders in Black quest) and Templar (Lost in Love quest), all on Normal difficulty.
    • The damage effectiveness of Cyclone has been increased from 35% to 40%. We have also reduced the minimum distance it travels, so that you have more control. This distance is now about a third of what it was previously.
    • Shockwave Totem now casts Shockwaves faster.
    • +5% maximum resistances now occurs at level 23 of the Purity aura, rather than level 22.
    • Tempest Shield now has a 0.5 second cooldown similar to auras, to prevent it being turned off by rapidly recasting it.
    • Projectile speed mods are now listed on the website correctly.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a bug with passive allocation by disabling the ability to Ctrl+click passives while there are other unapplied passive changes.
    • Fixed a bug related to whether world map pins would be shown.
    • Fixed a bug where clicking outside the vendor sell window would close it.
    • The vendor looks in your first eight stash tabs for currency items when you're shopping. We have fixed it so that these are now your leftmost eight tabs.
    • Fixed bugs related to monster life scaling in some party situations.
    • Fixed a display bug with the experience bar's hover.

Close to getting the Arctic Armor quest reward. Looks like 3 of the uniques have been found. Decent +Aura/evasion helm, Minion 2H Mace (with skill duration), and really good starter robes for caster.

Arctic Armor sorta sucks. Can't use it with Blood Magic. Minor defense and HUGE mana cost. Holy flipping pancakes!

That doesn't sound as interesting on paper as it did in my head.

Wow, just read up on the details. That's kinda crappy. The trail of ice chills enemies, even though it is not stated on the gem. For -6 phys/fire damage per hit, its pretty weak for the mana cost. Once you add in the moving costs, it's horrible. However, it might actually be of use to an Evasion char (when surrounded by a bunch of little enemies), assuming they can afford the outrageous mana costs.
    Last edited by Cyclone Jack; 2013-03-20 at 04:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That sucks. Was thinking of a build that uses Arctic Armor with Cyclone or Whirling Blades to place down swaths of ice while doing melee damage.

The limitation that the gem can only be used with mana and the huge mana costs sink the skill for me. Cyclone w/ ice trail was my first exact thought. Then I realized I couldn't possibly move more than 3 feet unless I was a mana stacked Witch.

Bright side? The damage buff to Cyclone is not too bad. Feels a little more powerful now. Not too much, but definitely noticed a bump up.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-03-20 at 04:34 AM.