10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, was watching Kripp's stream and noticed it performing well. Going to see how much better it is on my Facebreaker.

Hmm, anyone try this with Whirling Blades or Leap Attack? Does it leave a trail between start/destination? I'm guessing no, but would be good to know. I can see it useful vs archers (esp exploding) and Voidbearers. I can't think of any decent support gems for this though.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 12:20 AM ----------

Hellion's Paw. I must have two of them. I LOVE life leech builds, and claws, so this is a double awesome for me. LOL

Sorry if this has been stated or asked before, but I really don't feel like looking through 151 pages to find it. If I make a character on the beta will the character and progress I have on him go over into the finished game or will I have to restart completely?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezachulator View Post
    Sorry if this has been stated or asked before, but I really don't feel like looking through 151 pages to find it. If I make a character on the beta will the character and progress I have on him go over into the finished game or will I have to restart completely?
    The game is released. Functionally the developers consider the state of the game currently to be a soft release.

This is a "beta" in the way Gmail was in "beta". That is to say the game is active, continual live development.

There will be no more character wipes ever.

---

The new minion 2h mace looks interesting.

Ahh alrighty, thanks for the clarification and the quick reply!

Some info about 0.10.5 here

No new active skill next week but 3 passive skills 2 of which are melee centric...interested to see what they are

Wow, 3 passives, two of which are melee, nice. I'm hoping for gem that turns a single target into a small AoE, like a short distance 90 degree cone or something.

It seems Arctic Armor does leave a trail when you use movement skills, other than Lightning Warp, which allows it to be used in conjunction as a decent GTFO/kiting ability. Still, it is a highly situational skill.

Due to the insane mana costs of Arctic Armor I'd say it's primary use would be low leveled as a kiting tool and not as a damage reduction tool.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kay I got to 91

~cries in a corner only took like 50 years

I am really intrigued by this 2h mace for melee summoners. I feel like it would be a pretty nice for a Lighting Strike shock stacker Templar. Though I feel Queen's Decree could be buffed for more minions. That 40% life is massive on the Chober Chaber. Which is also fun to say aloud. XD

I've really been thinking of making a melee summoner lately, not sure where I should start, I mean; Witch is probably best, but I'm tired of playing my Witch (her VO is lackluster imo).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I am really intrigued by this 2h mace for melee summoners. I feel like it would be a pretty nice for a Lighting Strike shock stacker Templar. Though I feel Queen's Decree could be buffed for more minions. That 40% life is massive on the Chober Chaber. Which is also fun to say aloud. XD
    Looks like it would be good for a Dominating Blow focused character.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Yea, but I am not sure if the skill duration on the weapon alone is enough. Think you'd end up taking some duration+ talents to make the most of the dominated minions. The only duration nodes are way over in the Duelist/Ranger section. Not easy to reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Oh, nice. Totally had forgotten about that skill, that gives me some ideas.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 09:12 PM ----------

How about this?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...jsindiEdvz3Q==

Quote Originally Posted by Attributes
    +210 to Strength
    +44 to Dexterity
    +214 to Intelligence
    +383 to maximum Mana
    +539 to maximum Life
    Evasion Rating: 230
    +3 Maximum Endurance Charge
    +3 Maximum Frenzy Charge
    +3 Maximum Power Charge
    5% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
    5% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
    5% Attack Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
    5% Cast Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
    50% Critical Strike Chance Increase per Power Charge
    175% increased maximum Life
    1.9% of Life Regenerated per Second
    You take 30% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes
    +27% to all Elemental Resistances
    +30% to Cold Resistance
    +30% to Lightning Resistance
    +30% to Fire Resistance
    Your hits can't be Evaded
    Never deal Critical Strikes
    Minions deal 135% increased Damage
    +5 to Maximum number of Zombies
    +6 to Maximum number of Skeletons
    Minions have 90% increased maximum Life
    45% increased Skill Effect Duration
    +8% to Chaos Resistance
    Minions explode when reduced to low life, dealing 33% of their maximum life as fire damage to surrounding enemies
    6% increased Cast Speed
    +1 to Maximum number of Spectres
    +5% to maximum Fire Resistance
    +5% to maximum Cold Resistance
    +5% to maximum Lightning Resistance
    +42.8% Energy Shield
    +42% increased Melee Physical Damage
    +88 Accuracy Rating
    8.8% increased Evasion Rating
    I picked all minion nodes, because I love minions. But I don't know if I'll have enough health, then again, my minions should be ample enough distraction. And then use Dominating Blow, Molten Shell, Raise Zombie, Raise Spectre, Summon Skeletons & Conversation Trap. Maybe throw in some aura if there's room for it.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2013-03-20 at 08:13 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Welp. Arctic Armor is quite difficult to use effectively in my opinion. The mana cost is simply too high while moving; while standing still the damage reduction is totally trivial at endgame.

Thing is I don't understand why I would use AA. The slow is nice, IF I could maintain the mana cost. But as it does no damage why wouldn't I just apply the slow/freeze via an actual damage skill able to cover almost the entire screen; frost nova, ice spear, freezing pulse or arctic breath?

Quite disappointing. The skill needs a major re-balance to mana costs or it'll remain an extremely niche skill.

My opinion of course.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-03-20 at 10:01 PM.

Was a little bummed yesterday. Logged in to run the race last night, which I thought was going to be a Blood Magic race, but it ended up just being a regular race. I still got a few points, but I would have taken a different build had I known prior. Ah well, at least we have some Turbo Ancestral races this weekend (though I think these will be much easier than the regular ones, since you can kite and group enemies much faster).

I noticed that Sun morning is a Lethal race, which I haven't run, but 6am is a little early for me.

I'll never do the Multi Projectiles races again. Screw it.

The highest level character I got in that race was like 14. And took like 5 tries. Unless you get lucky with drops that thing is a nightmare. Worse than turbo, imo. Because a huge pack of skeleton archers @ l4 on Ledge is like impossible to deal with.

Aww...0.10.5 is delayed by a week because of the new support gems. their post about it here

the new support gems look sweet though

Strength Support Gem - Melee Splash: Adds an area of effect splash radius to a single target melee attack.

Strength/Dexterity Support Gem - Multistrike: Causes you to attack quickly three times with a melee attack. New targets are selected for subsequent attacks if available.

Intelligence Support Gem - Power Charge on Critical: Critical strikes with the supported skill have a chance of granting you a Power Charge.

want power charge on crit for my witch

and multistrike with heavy strike with some nice added damage nodes and a good weapon will be nice...makes a shield look more appealing if you can get more damage from a 1 hand wep with it then, than a 2 hand wep now
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2013-03-23 at 07:44 AM.

Actually quite nice that they delayed it a week as their addition won't affect the week race in any way then.

There will still be a mini patch that adds more unique & tweaks this week though. So it's not exactly dry till the new supports.

And Multistrike + Frenzy is gonna be boss.