Deleted
    That multistrike seems crazy. Is it only for auto attacks or does it work with melee gems? As Lagwin said above, Multistrike and Heavy Strike just seems way too wild

Quote Originally Posted by Dude From Denmark View Post
    That multistrike seems crazy. Is it only for auto attacks or does it work with melee gems? As Lagwin said above, Multistrike and Heavy Strike just seems way too wild
    there is no support gem that supports auto attack...they all have to be linked to an ability, makes me curious to see what they will do to try tone it down

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    there is no support gem that supports auto attack...they all have to be linked to an ability, makes me curious to see what they will do to try tone it down
    Perhaps something along the lines of "Causes you to attack quickly three times with a melee attack, each attack does 40% of normal damage for a total of 120% damage"

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 04:23 PM ----------

That melee splash support gem will be useful for my melee summoner build. Dominating blow is rather boring when it's single-target only.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Multistrike is a support gem, it supports skill gems. There is no "auto attack" in Path of Exile.

I am pretty sure Multistrike = Diablo 2 Paladin Zeal.

The new Int support gem has to be the gems GGG said they working on to allow casters a way to generate power charges outside of Power Siphon. Pretty exciting stuff.

Deleted
    Hmm...getting a bit burned out on PoE atm.
    The game is great, got 2 characters up to level 75 (and some others to 50ish) and did some races.

Don't really feel the need to play anymore like I did before. Somehow I find this unfortunate as I love the game, but I guess I'm not much of a 'grinder'.

Played a lot of Diablo2 etc., but also often with intervals of 1 or 2 years or so. Guess I'll wait for the next act to come =)

Pretty interesting and candid interview with Brian_GGG,

On life nodes~

Q: One of the most defining features of Path of Exile is its immense skill tree. That said, many are currently opting to go full HP, which ultimately destroys the concept of versatility. Do you plan on changing this trend? If so then how are you going to incorporate the new changes in the skill tree?

Brian Weissman:
    This trend is much more common in Hardcore, where it makes perfect sense. In Hardcore, your #1 priority is survival, which guides not only your choice of passive skills, but your gear choices as well. A player might opt to go spinning around with Cyclone using a big powerful 2-handed weapon in Default, but in Hardcore, that same player would likely prefer a 1-handed weapon and a shield.

Life nodes are meant to be plentiful, and obviously super attractive to Hardcore players. Believe it or not, the game went through a long period where people eschewed life nodes almost entirely, partly because Energy Shield was too strong, and partly because monsters just weren’t dangerous enough. We adjusted the difficulty and damage of the game because of this, which accomplished the goal of making life nodes very tempting.

We have no immediate plans to devalue life nodes. We want players to have to make the choice between higher damage and higher survivability. That’s a quandary that has always existed in ARPGs. True, there may be more build diversity in Default, but that’s pretty much intentional. We want players to experiment with wacky, esoteric builds. Hardcore just isn’t the place for that sort of thing, it’s about survival.

Instead of making life nodes worse or less attractive, what we’d ultimately like is to have a wide enough range of skills in the game that people feel there are other ways to survive hard content. That’s the ultimate goal. We’re also looking into ways that we can improve the Armour and Evasion systems.

Read more: http://segmentnext.com/2013/03/21/pa...#ixzz2OKXvB5IR

Nice read, loved this answer.

We have no intention of ever implementing a formal auction house, because we feel that it runs counter to the fundamental motivations of a loot-based ARPG with no gold-based currency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frenzy+Multistrike would be amazing for a Frenzy/Flicker Strike build.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    The game is great, got 2 characters up to level 75 (and some others to 50ish) and did some races.

Don't really feel the need to play anymore like I did before. Somehow I find this unfortunate as I love the game, but I guess I'm not much of a 'grinder'.

Played a lot of Diablo2 etc., but also often with intervals of 1 or 2 years or so. Guess I'll wait for the next act to come =)
    I agree. Im looking forward to new content instead of new gems and stuff

New supports look promising, and the interview was a good read as well, thanks for the link.

Both melee supports make my dual claw chars very, very happy. Cyclone just isn't my cup of tea (I know), but having splash damage and multistrike on dual strike and double strike would make my scrappers come to life.
    Last edited by Cyclone Jack; 2013-03-23 at 07:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    played a bit more recently, got a fire witch and a summoner witch. The trading is confusing as fuck for new players though, think il just hold onto all orbs until im a bit higher level. My zombies and skeletons die so fast but its getting a bit better as i get more minions, cant wait to get spectres. Just had a boss with a yellow mob that regened both their health , couldnt kill them then by the time i got back to the dungeon everything had respawned lol. Will teach me to put portals down before i fight bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    After playing a year in the closed beta and almost daily since OB i haven't burned out yet but only because i only really play 2 to 4 hours at a time over several different characters...not even got to end game yet :P

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Nice read, loved this answer.
    Yea, I really enjoyed that interview. Mostly because the interviewer asked hard and blunt questions. And Brian_GGG was not bullshitting around them with wishy-washy answers.

I said on the subreddit a few days ago, I have rarely seen a developer actively show they give a flip about their game like GGG. The transparency and honesty the developers have with the player base is really awesome!

I respect the hell out of the company.

Also really love the idea of survival being a tradeoff w/ damage. Targeting the mechanics of evasion and armor is a smart move IMO. That 4 way push/pull of life/es, damage, evasion and armor is incredibly interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Frenzy+Multistrike would be amazing for a Frenzy/Flicker Strike build.
    Same!

I was rolling a new Ranger last night just so I can go 1h/shield as a Flicker/Frenzy Multistrike build. Threw this together on a whim: link.

Not sure if viable but the idea was to use a rapier with lots of attack speed and cold aura. Cyclone, Flicker, Frenzy+Multistrike, Leap Slam and Granite*2/Life*2/QS*1. Hopefully I can freeze an entire screen as I teleport/spin/leap around! XD
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-03-23 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yea, I really enjoyed that interview. Mostly because the interviewer asked hard and blunt questions. And Brian_GGG was not bullshitting around them with wishy-washy answers.

I said on the subreddit a few days ago, OI have rarely seen a developer actively show they give a flip about their game like GGG. The transparency and honesty the developers have with the player base is really awesome!

I respect the hell out of the company.
    Yeah it's nice to read answers from a developer without getting the feeling the questions where either setup as pure puff pieces, or the answers being general and avoiding. Not only that but their logic when explaining things doesn't reek of bullshit but instead is, well logical, you might not always agree with them but at least you can't say you're not told in a clear way why something is the way it is.

Just hope they don't fall in to the same pit as a lot of other developers and try to please the 'majority'.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Just hope they don't fall in to the same pit as a lot of other developers and try to please the 'majority'.
    Heh. I doubt GGG can afford to do that really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Went back to my Facebreaker Marauder after getting stuck on Merciless Act 2. Got to Vaal Pyramid and couldn't make any meaningful progress, and I would invariably die while farming Felshire Ruins, so I stopped playing for a while and tried other characters. Well, went back and managed to craft some better gear without losing any damage, and have been having more success. 80% resistances and 45% damage reduction from armor has gone a long way to increase my survivability.

It was kind of funny; when I went to face Piety in the Crematorium I was prepared to die over and over again, but when I got hit by one of her lightning attacks it hardly did any damage. After clearing out the adds I just face tanked her and had no issues whatsoever.

I wonder if multistrike will work with cyclone...only just picked it up and it's quite fun

Deleted
    I signed up for the beta after watching TB's WTF is video on it. It looks very interesting, and something about it reminds me of that older RPG feel.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
    I signed up for the beta after watching TB's WTF is video on it. It looks very interesting, and something about it reminds me of that older RPG feel.
    On the same boat here, downloading the open beta as I wrote this but I'm seeking opinions, coming from a d2 & d3 player what do you guys say is it better than D3? I heard the game's pretty big with the huge skill tree and everything that its confusing me... Will try it then give my final opinion on this. Oh and does anyone know a release date for this game yet?

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    On the same boat here, downloading the open beta as I wrote this but I'm seeking opinions, coming from a d2 & d3 player what do you guys say is it better than D3? I heard the game's pretty big with the huge skill tree and everything that its confusing me... Will try it then give my final opinion on this. Oh and does anyone know a release date for this game yet?
    It feels very much like Diablo 2.

Don't know when the official launch date is, but there will be no more wipes so it's essentially a 'soft' launch.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance