that vid was good...can see some nerfs for it though particularly dominating blow

i just need to get melee spalsh...quite close to getting it, and multistrike well we'll see if i have any luck on drops.

Saw the pic for the new totem they are adding at the end of the week searing bond...running around like a headless chicken will be rewarding.

Have got melee splash now and tried it with heavy strike and infernal blow with added wep ele damage, heavystrike take a fairly large damage reduction but infernal blow seems to benefit from the combination.
    Feels very like lightning arrow before the nerf and got me thinking about other supports like chance to ignite or shock stacking, and life on hit is in line with damage effectiveness now right? and infernal blow has a 125% effectiveness...will need to try that out
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2013-04-09 at 09:39 AM.

The new skill has been announced; Searing Bond.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wilson
    The patch we're deploying this Friday (0.10.6) contains a new Strength/Intelligence skill called Searing Bond. It creates a totem that fires a beam of fire at you. Any monster caught in the beam suffers burning damage. If you have multiple totems, it'll send beams to all of them as well. Here's the first screenshot of the skill that we've released.

The 0.10.6 patch also contains new Unique items and any bug fixes that we haven't pushed into today's 0.10.5b patch (which is still a few hours away).

We're also expecting to deploy 0.10.6 to the Alpha realm this afternoon.

Looks legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The new skill has been announced; Searing Bond.

Looks legit.
    it has potential tbh...stuff like adds on vall and merveil would be rather handily sorted out while you keep moving and keep the damage down...would be good on necros and rhoas, wonder if it will link to zombies or party members.

Have two of those out and you've got yourself a triangle to use, with what I would suppose is a double beam between the two searing link totems.

If you have ancestral bond you still get a beam to each totem + you where the 2nd totem can cast another spell. Just curse them with Temporal Chains and Elemental Weakness.

Maybe... frost nova + searing totems?

Also the price of Multistrike is totally ridiculous. Not paying 4 exalts. F12U12.

is that what its going for?...i already read someone sold his for a few gcp earlier today

Could be BS. Some guy was C/Oing 4ex in chat for a 5% MS.

I lol'd and then reported for douchebagery.

Had some problems with eyefinity since the patch crashed about 3 times in 15minutes, used to crash maybe once in a whole night. Started to see a lot more uniques since i got to the end of act 2, found some neck that gave 100+ to all attributes, but gave to my boyfriend since he was getting owned. Shames theres only 3 acts so far, but i guess its still beta.

I have 24 simultaneous minions using melee splash and faster attacks.

Things are getting a little silly here.

Pretty interesting tweet by GGG Dev using the new Searing Bond gem.

https://twitter.com/QarldeV/status/322121921179316225

Suggests there will be a way to increase the number of totems at once further.

I'd take a wild guess at one of the new uniques.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

meh...I tried the game out, but it is a diablo and torchlight rip off. I don't care too much about that, but these types of games are boring. You just point and click with the mouse.

It is a shame, since it has potential, but it is too simplistic. I'd rather play Kongregate games since they are more complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiderivative View Post
    meh...I tried the game out, but it is a diablo and torchlight rip off. I don't care too much about that, but these types of games are boring. You just point and click with the mouse.

It is a shame, since it has potential, but it is too simplistic. I'd rather play Kongregate games since they are more complex.
    It's almost like you never even looked into the game before installing it, it's an ARPG there's not a lot of room for innovation, they all look and play similarly.

As expected, with a twist...

Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

The new map looks awesome too, different from the norm. Gives me a hope for both new upcoming content and more maps in the future. Pity that such a map is locked behind having to get a unique drop. Maybe in the long term they might lower the drop rate on the unique maps once theres more of them, seem's a pity to have such content so rare to ever see.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    As expected, with a twist...
    Interesting...wonder if the totem reaching the timer limit is considered it dieing or replanting the totem kills the old one

Very interesting unique. Now I have to go look for the patch notes, because I forgot there were two patches this week.

Thing about that new skill Searing Bond is that you basically need the new unique chest &/or Ancestral Bond. Without either or both, Searing Bond seems really weak & useful in very few cases/areas.

Though I do think the new chest is a MUST HAVE for any dual totem Spork/Arc build.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Interesting...wonder if the totem reaching the timer limit is considered it dieing or replanting the totem kills the old one
    Timer running out counts as the totem dying, it's confirmed in the unique thread on the forums, furthermore the totem is the origins of the curse so it won't be affected by any of your own stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Thing about that new skill Searing Bond is that you basically need the new unique chest &/or Ancestral Bond. Without either or both, Searing Bond seems really weak & useful in very few cases/areas.

Though I do think the new chest is a MUST HAVE for any dual totem Spork/Arc build.
    i would assume that the totem is buffed through fire damage passives and possibly the increased burn passives.

the manifesto is here
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/vi.../dev-manifesto

a choice of loot rules in the works, desync getting work over a period, and melee buffs soonish and over some patches

what Chris mentioned for the melee buff is adding a guaranteed stun, because what makes ele so desirable is the bonus effect not that ele actual does more damage even before the added effect kicks in.
    Would have preferred something like a stacking armor reduction buff which works on crit and has some passives to boost the chance...that in addition to a reworking on how armor works
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2013-04-12 at 01:57 PM.