Summoned units do it like crazy. Not only does Lagara threaten to crash your game every time she spawns, she also causes massive mob desync, zombies are particularly bad at not being where they appear at all times. Favorite rogue exile by far

RIP'd to Ephij, Cackling Sky while doing a map. First unique Beyond boss I've seen, so I thought I'd try to take him down. Nope. Instead, I couldn't log out fast enough and he got me.

Invited to a Haku master mission. Full party, time limit, immortal totems everywhere, falling rocks.

I get stunlocked by a rock, triple ball lightning'd in the face then immediately hit by a pack of shield charge guys. Dead. Party is still running to exit.

Fuck you, Haku. Never again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    You sonuvagun.

Two years. It's been two years for me.
    Guess I'm the lucky one then. Dropped one just after a few weeks of playing the game, maybe 2-3 days after I found out what exalteds even are.

Now for the reason I came here. Later today, or maybe tomorrow I'll start playing on merciless difficulty and was wondering how long is solo play viable? I have a really shitty pc and can't play in groups at all. I've seen people talking about higher level maps and just want to know is it something I could do by myself.

You can play the whole game solo up to L100- the max level. Groups are not necessary. They just make things significantly faster.

You can play solo but you get significantly more loot in groups. Once you pop a boss like piety in a full group with a dedicated culler you will never look at 2 yellows from a solo kill the same again.

Of course, if you play in public parties with people who aren't friends and willing to share drops, you won't actually get that much of a huge increase in the end. Though it would let you play as a "DPSer" and still have magic find by bringing a MF buddy along, which is probably the primary advantage. I typically play in the almighty group size of 2 and I miss having a MF bot with me when I have to play solo.

Manocean is the current king of Path of Exile botting. He has very in-depth discussion, methods and theories around MF/Cull multi client botting in Path of Exile.

I would strongly suggest those interested in a Culling Bot for their solo play sessions to look into Manocean's guides and videos. He is also a very funny, gracious and talkative streamer. So you can get a lot of answered directly by Mano w/r/t multi client botting in POE.

Mano is live right now: http://www.twitch.tv/manocean

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ManoceanLive/videos

Manocean > "Mano"cean
    or is it
    Man Ocean

mindblown
    not sure what a man ocean is tho

It's Man-Ocean. And it's like a lot of Manliness.

An ocean worth of Man, if you will.

http://youtu.be/u4tIxh5Vyrw?list=UU2...1UgfgyjDGyd0ag
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-09-15 at 06:37 PM.

It's Man-Ocean. And it's like a lot Manliness.

An ocean worth of Man, if you will.

http://youtu.be/u4tIxh5Vyrw?list=UU2...1UgfgyjDGyd0ag
    I see, haha, what an amazing transformation.

Deleted
    I know playing in groups is more fun and better for drops but it's just not an option for me. Just killed Dominus on Cruel and to get acceptable fps with no major lag spikes I need to lower res to 720p and turn the sound off(I know you don't need to tell me it sucks), but at least this time I didn't die and it was all done very fast. Hope it all goes this smooth on merciless.

I think I am a glutton for punishment...or at least some creative sync issues: Whirling Blades + Cast on Melee Kill + Lightning Warp. The effect is odd, and jarring, but kind of fun. I only have two real complaints. One is that only only warp can be active at any one time, which greatly lessens the AoE damage. The second is that Whirling Blades gets caught on terrain a little too easily. OK, maybe a third, I guess, as I'm not really sure what I want to support this with. Right now I'm just using Herald of Ice and breezing through Normal like any other character.

People have tried to make Lightning Warp work as an offensive main skill. Though I have never seen any one pull it off yet.

Seems kinda interesting but the damage is kinda weak and you'd have to figure out a way to cast quickly and jack-up LW's DPS somehow.

I could see Conc. Effect, Added Chaos and maybe some form of Crit Multi upping LW's damage output to a "decent" level. Don't have any math on this, just what I think could work.

Of course, LW totems are viable.

I tried a few skills with Whirling Blades, but many did not work well. Spark, for example, rarely created sparks (they seemed to hit the target that died that triggered the cast on kill), Glacial Cascade almost always cast behind me (When this casts forward it is awesome looking, so I may have to make a suggestion on this), Arc had issues similar to Spark, etc. Standard AoEs worked fine, like Ice Nova and Firestorm. I tried LW for laughs, and it turned out to function a little better than I had anticipated, once I got used to moving all over the place. I've already got a good amount of attack speed, so I'll need to see if I can get some cast speed for LW and see of it functions.

Does cast speed effect spells triggered through CoMK? I thought CMoK had an internal CD like CWDT, CoC or CWS.

Not sure if Cast Speed will effect LW through CoMK. I honestly never used CMoK like ever.

Wouldn't Storm Call just be plain better than Lightning Warp? It seems like almost exactly the same spell, it just does more damage. Unless you really want to move around I guess?...
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    I'm playing Facebreaker/Cyclone build and today will hit level 60. I'm planning on using 2 CWDT gems, one in 3L and one in 4L setup.

3L: CWDT+Molten Shell+Warlord's Mark

4L: CWDT+Enduring Cry+Immortal Call+Increased Duration

Would this be a good setup? If yes I could use some advice on what level gems I should be using. Atm both CWDT gems are lvl 1, not sure if I should raise the lvl and by how much. Again this build is for solo play only so max survivability is the goal.

TBH I'd put the immortal call in the 3 link and level it up a couple of times so that it doesn't go off every time enduring cry does, you'll actually get to walk around with some endurance charges then. Personal opinion though I think.

Deleted
    Does cast speed effect spells triggered through CoMK? I thought CMoK had an internal CD like CWDT, CoC or CWS.

Not sure if Cast Speed will effect LW through CoMK. I honestly never used CMoK like ever.
    CoMK does not have a internal CD. Just leveled a CoMK groundslam firestorm marauder to 49 (RIP) and if you kill a whole pack of monkeys in a single GS, you get a screen full of fireballs from the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Nauticus View Post
    I'm playing Facebreaker/Cyclone build and today will hit level 60. I'm planning on using 2 CWDT gems, one in 3L and one in 4L setup.

3L: CWDT+Molten Shell+Warlord's Mark

4L: CWDT+Enduring Cry+Immortal Call+Increased Duration

Would this be a good setup? If yes I could use some advice on what level gems I should be using. Atm both CWDT gems are lvl 1, not sure if I should raise the lvl and by how much. Again this build is for solo play only so max survivability is the goal.
    Molten Shell is kinda underwhelming in CWDT, IMO. It doesn't seem to mitigate enough damage relative to the situations when you need it most. And in those times I prefer to just have Immortal Call which is about as safe as you can get in CWDT.

I like to use CWDT+End Cry+Immortal+Enfeeble or CWDT+End Cry+Immortal+Inc. Duration.

Quote Originally Posted by reebelraabel View Post
    CoMK does not have a internal CD. Just leveled a CoMK groundslam firestorm marauder to 49 (RIP) and if you kill a whole pack of monkeys in a single GS, you get a screen full of fireballs from the sky.
    No kidding. That's insane.