I missed part of Ziggy's stream, so top tier supporter pack that should be out Monday will allow for people to create their own Divination card? Hmm all this overtime at work may come in handy for a nice supporter pack! I wonder how much it'll be this time around?

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Paying for better drops/drop rates is fucking ridiculous. Should never be put into a game, period. And I buy stuff from them so its not like I am some leech...
    Think you misinterpreted it...the cards will be an in game item that provides you with a more deterministic way to farm specific uniques, the supporters would be able to design such a card and not buy one for their character.

Do we have any more info. on how the cards work? Would be cool if they were like mini-maps with specific challenges. A fracturing nothing-but-gulls map with an extremely small time limit and a massive amount of open space. Have fun exiles!

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Do we have any more info. on how the cards work? Would be cool if they were like mini-maps with specific challenges. A fracturing nothing-but-gulls map with an extremely small time limit and a massive amount of open space. Have fun exiles!
    I would guess that is what mondays announcment will be about.

@redblade wasn't LMP/GMP buffed as well?

Paying for better drops/drop rates is fucking ridiculous. Should never be put into a game, period. And I buy stuff from them so its not like I am some leech...
    This is not how it works. Chris said the top tier of supporters offer the option to create an Div Card. You can't get a Div Card by paying any more than you can a Unique Item by paying for a supporter pack.

The top tier of coming supporter packs just offer the option to design a card.

- - - Updated - - -

Part 1 of Ziggy's informal Q&A with Chris is up on Youtube for those that missed the stream:

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Watched it this morning on twitch...3 bloody hours he was on :P

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not how it works. Chris said the top tier of supporters offer the option to create an Div Card. You can't get a Div Card by paying any more than you can a Unique Item by paying for a supporter pack.

The top tier of coming supporter packs just offer the option to design a card.

- - - Updated - - -

Part 1 of Ziggy's informal Q&A with Chris is up on Youtube for those that missed the stream:

Oh, ok that is fine then. Thank you for clarifying lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Watched it this morning on twitch...3 bloody hours he was on :P
    I like when devs do things like this. Such a great design team imo, for a free game. Unreal. Pretty much all my friends on battle.net. Still play d3, and this is just opinion obviously and I'm not trying to start a game vs. game fight, but I find Poe so much better better and more fun, for freaking free (though stash packs are pretty much required if you play seriously, but so damn cheap!) that it just boggles my mind that they won't even try path of exile.

It's like the fact that it is free is a turn off for them; its like a connotation that free game=bad or full of micro transitions..and it's not.

I've gotten a few of them to try, and the ones that play at least ten hours (mainly to get past the kind of slow/boring start to the game (opinion again) switch to Poe and never look back.

I set up little competitions for us, self found characters and Mimi races, it's super fun. Though I do let them use some of my levelleing gear on later characters once they rip for the first time :P
    You're a towel.

Summoners in the beta are incredible. The change to "More" modifier is huge. Nearly every minion build is viable now and it's a lot easier to scale the minions into endgame without weird 'tricks' like EE/Evangelist cheese.

I think Skeleies need an inherent speed boost and it should be good. Scaling them with Added Chaos is GG- they just need to walk faster so you can 3/4L Skeleies and hard cast them.

Summoners in the beta are incredible. The change to "More" modifier is huge. Nearly every minion build is viable now and it's a lot easier to scale the minions into endgame without weird 'tricks' like EE/Evangelist cheese.

I think Skeleies need an inherent speed boost and it should be good. Scaling them with Added Chaos is GG- they just need to walk faster so you can 3/4L Skeleies and hard cast them.
    one thing i was wondering was if the fortify buff can be applied to the minions by using the support gem, i doubt it but i did see the chaos golem with what looked like the buff aura in the stream

I'll let you guys know when I get a fortify gem. :P

I'll let you guys know when I get a fortify gem. :P
    I would have thought it didn't but melee splash and multistrike work with minions...could also be the chaos golem has the ability

Other thing i notticed on the stream was the jewel slot just above the phase acrobatics nodes, would it be worth the extra points to get 10% dodge and 30% spell dodge and skipping the phase acrobatics part with intuative leap...i get the feeling that will get moved though

It better not get moved, getting phase acro and piecing shots without wasting points on the previous nodes is essential to one of my build ideas :P

Doubt it will get moved as the obvious design is for spell caster to go find other mitigation options besides MoM/CoD+EB and just ES/Hybrid. There is almost no doubt that Intuitive Leap to Acro is essential for Witch east side, Shadow south side and Range north side in the new meta.

Path of Exile changes a lot in 3.0- major meta game shifts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gah I hate summoners I hope they are not op to the point that it is pointless to play anything else since you can stack increased quality/rate with them
    You're a towel.

Gah I hate summoners I hope they are not op to the point that it is pointless to play anything else since you can stack increased quality/rate with them
    This has never been in the case in Path of Exile. Even with the most powerful build of the past or currently- COE/ST, LL/Arc, Mjnoir, Spork, Buzzsaw, RF, etc.

It is not a rational concern in the context of Path of Exile.

Summoners are very weak early on, unless they changed them since I last played. You have a rough time early on, but they're pretty strong later on.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

Early on? arc your way to act 3 merc then switch to your summoner build.

Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    Early on? arc your way to act 3 merc then switch to your summoner build.
    Yes but I'm talking about if you just play a summoner all the way.

Plus I'm not even sure if arc is a quest reward right now, I heard some skills are missing that use to be there.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

The only build that ever got close to this was LL Crit ST and that was only if you intended to do Uber Atziri back in the challenge league when she was introduced (name eludes me atm).

Summoners sacrifice a huge amount of defense for their damage in a way many other builds do not. We will see what the rest of act 4 brings, it's quite possible GGG already has something in mind for them. All it really takes is a couple of bosses that do real consistent AoE damage to push summoners out of the meta again.

@Summoners being weak during leveling
    Used to be true, doesn't seem to be anymore. You can get flesh offering and convocation and desecrate pretty early on, so you can actually sustain your army from like act 2 normal already. You can level with pretty much any spell because they don't need damage nodes to do damage until late game.

As far as overpowered MF characters go, look at windripper before summoners. Permanent freeze everything on the screen while doing ten times the DPS for a zero risk fast clear speed build that can easily stack rarity/quantity, and it isn't even that expensive. There are even better builds if you want to invest dozens of exalts, but for the price of a windripper you can do some pretty stupid things.

I don't think anything we currently have matches the power of crit ST in the past.