Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    Mmm... All these new skills I keep hearing about make me want to give this game a swing again.
    I think the last time I played was when the Ambush and Invasion Leagues just came out... So there's probably tons of new stuff to see :P

Is there any ETA for the expansion? Not sure if I should jump into the game now or just wait for the expansion.
    No expansion ETA. One should wait for the expansion if they are not already entrenched in the specific systems of Path of Exile. For no other reason than the expansion being a major revamp of several key aspects of Path of Exile. While not a "whole new game" in the expansion, it's a fairly different feeling game in the expansion.

In today's Closed Beta updates, we've added some servers in new cities to give better coverage around America and Europe. You can now select servers in California, Washington D.C., Frankfurt or London, in addition to the existing servers in Texas, Amsterdam and Australia. These new locations should help reduce latency for more users.
    Should make some players very happy, especially with lockstep being introduced. Sadly for me it didn't improve on my 30ms... =(

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Should make some players very happy, especially with lockstep being introduced. Sadly for me it didn't improve on my 30ms... =(
    It has improved a bit, before it was 35 to 50 ms i was getting now it is just 32/33 ms solid BUT it should be better since i am in the UK and conectiong to london which should be 20 or lower.

Tested it and the connection heads down south(normal) goes to amsterdam then back to london rather than straight to london

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    It has improved a bit, before it was 35 to 50 ms i was getting now it is just 32/33 ms solid BUT it should be better since i am in the UK and conectiong to london which should be 20 or lower.

Tested it and the connection heads down south(normal) goes to amsterdam then back to london rather than straight to london
    Sounds like a routing issue that probably will be fixed in the near future.

Deleted
    It's called "Route Caching" and yes, it will resolve itself in time.

The texas gateway is amazing to me, from 150ms to 85!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    The texas gateway is amazing to me, from 150ms to 85!!!
    I've gone from 33ms to 9ms on the London gateway. Even whilst streaming and watching Netflix it only goes up to 14-16ms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziddy View Post
    I've gone from 33ms to 9ms on the London gateway. Even whilst streaming and watching Netflix it only goes up to 14-16ms.
    ;_________;

The pacing of the game is unreal with these recent changes. Fantastic work, GGG.

Using the Texas gateway I'm at like 10ms, lockstep mode, 60FPS.

Just fantastic.

The reduced mana gem rework is so BS, what is the point of this gem? we are forced to take mana reserved nodes if we want to run more than 2 auras.

Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    The reduced mana gem rework is so BS, what is the point of this gem? we are forced to take mana reserved nodes if we want to run more than 2 auras.
    Enlightened affects auras now. The mana reduction gem is for mana hungry active skills.

Also, yes. GGG, intended to nerf auras indirectly.

LF someone to buy me SWT in the beta. Also willing to take the new unique chest off someone if they find it, since everyone but me seems to think it's trash.

- - - Updated - - -

Just kidding, got SWT from a friend no thanks to trade chat. Can't believe how stingy people are in a beta that is going to be wiped in a few weeks max. It's pulling teeth to get anyone to take 5 seconds to buy a gem for you, even if you offer several hundred percent markup.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Can't believe how stingy people are in a beta that is going to be wiped in a few weeks max. It's pulling teeth to get anyone to take 5 seconds to buy a gem for you, even if you offer several hundred percent markup.
    Long gone are the days when you get to town and get a load of free stuff "bucause fuck it, it's beta"...i swear though that there are many people in the beta that don't understand that it'll all be wiped come it's launch to live.

The nature of the Path of Exile economy will always lead to a state of disaster regardless of the longevity of the league or beta in this case. It is totally senseless to allow players to assign value. As long as this is possible- trading in POE will always be, terrible.

Fundamentally, the design philosophy is flawed in the context of POE.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The nature of the Path of Exile economy will always lead to a state of disaster regardless of the longevity of the league or beta in this case. It is totally senseless to allow players to assign value. As long as this is possible- trading in POE will always be, terrible.

Fundamentally, the design philosophy is flawed in the context of POE.
    Have to disagree, it's simply supply and demand. If there isn't enough supply it's a sellers market and if there is to much supply it's a buyers market. While PoE trading has it's flaws the player set prices isn't really one of them.

And when there's literally infinite supply the laws of economics break and nobody helps anybody anymore.

It's really that can not count on the market to be reasonable or logical. People are irrational, selfish, foolish and largely ignorant. Which will lead to situations where the "value" of a thing is not rationally related to the market but to an individual's conception of value. Since POE does not require labor or resource the attachment of a deficit largely doesn't exist. On top of this the game's primary means of currency and wealth generation is essentially a lottery.

This is terrible, terrible design.

One is as likely to get offers that are illogical as sound. On any given day in POE you might pay 100 exalts or 2 alterations for the same item based on no reason other than a individual's whim or ignorance.

One is as likely to get offers that are illogical as sound. On any given day in POE you might pay 100 exalts or 2 alterations for the same item based on no reason other than a individual's whim or ignorance.
    But that's all apart of the charm.

This is terrible, terrible design.
    Strongly disagree, I think it's one of the great aspects of the game.

I don't actually know or understand why I play ARPGs such as Path of Exile and Diablo. If you asked me I would tell you that I hate chance, lotteries and gambling. Ordinarily, I am very deterministic orientated person when it comes to systems and life in general- rarely will I be without a "plan".

But here I am. Screaming at my monitor at the guy selling a Pledge of Hands for 20ex and cursing the guy who chanced one.

I am a complicated person.

I hate that I can level a character from 1 to 80 without seeing more than one unique drop the entire time, and then I find six uniques in the span of four minutes on my latest level 50 scion. I wish there was a bit more consistency to the game, though I'm hoping the addition of "alternate means of farming" will address that. Divination cards might work, but it's really dependent on what people submit since GGG isn't making any of their own.