I fucking love the idea of the ascendancy classes in Path of Exile. Also the fact you have to earn them!

I'm worried about the power creep though, some of these classes give absolutely insane bonuses...well, all of them pretty much. Tanky melee cycloners just got way tankier, crit based megadamage shadows just got critier and megadamagier, etc. They're going to have to make the game harder by default to compensate, surely, I just hope they don't increase mob damage more and every build that doesn't devote 80% of its points to hp dies instantly in cruel.

Also really curious what they're going to do with Scion, she only gets one class so presumably it will have a much bigger tree than the others, unless they find a way to give her super generic traits that can fit any build.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-11-22 at 01:47 AM.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Too bad we have to wait 3 bloody months...at least Talisman league seems promising, super hyped for the chaos skills and can't wait to try my lioneye's duelist with the new bow skills.

If you want to try siege ballista, wait until the expansion imo, did you see that ridiculous unique bow? Easy 10 ballista build.
    Yeah the bow is kinda silly, so it's probably worth it to wait.

Just wondering what kind of "simple" MF char I'll make as my first toon in the new league and a double-totem siege ballista came to mind :P Though the other bow skills might work as well. That, or the chaos caster.

Though it kinda makes me wonder how a DoT build will work in HC since it might be kinda dangerous to just run around dotting mobs (especially ranged ones) when they dont presumably die instantly and actually have time to attack you for a longer time compared to some direct-damage builds. Though I guess it could work out if you just DoT em' up from the edge of the screen and continue to another direction :P

I'm a fan. Love it.

Scared shitless of the new dungeons though. Clicking in such a way as to get perfect pathing is my weakest skill in aRPGs. There's currently a non-trivial chance it gets me killed just from accidently pathing through mobs that I didn't want to. Walking over traps is not gonna be fun for me. I will probably have to over-level and come back. I smell a new bunch of stupid rips coming my way.

If they add gratuitous insta-rips again I might cry. The old "how was I supposed to know that was going to explode a whole screen wide" <cough> Burning Man <cough>. aka: "I'll never get suckered by that again, but now for no reason I'm back in a1n".
    Last edited by Aurimas; 2015-11-30 at 05:23 PM.

The traps do % based damage, your level shouldn't matter.

Deleted
    Does anyone know if there´s a list explaining which new gems can be used from what lvl, which quest they are from etc. I´m looking forward to the chaos gems tho the passive skill tree isn´t really supporting a chaos build sadly

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude From Denmark View Post
    Does anyone know if there´s a list explaining which new gems can be used from what lvl, which quest they are from etc. I´m looking forward to the chaos gems tho the passive skill tree isn´t really supporting a chaos build sadly
    Eh, the new skill-tree is pretty great for the new Chaos-spells, lot's of chaos and damage-over-time boosts. My planned HC-build has something like 170% increased damage-over time, 145% increased chaos damage and 90% spell-damage.... as well as 180% life and 140% ES + Iron Reflexes. :P

As for the gems.... They'll probably be quest-rewards for Witch/Shadow. Contagion requires level 4 at gem level 1 so it's probably from the Breaking Some Eggs-quest. Essence Drain requires level 12 and Wither level 10, so they are probably given out after Brutus and just before Merveil.

So you should be able to level as a Chaos-caster right from the start... Though I'd wager that you'll want something like Flame Totem / Fire Storm / Fire Trap along the ride until Merciless or so.
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2015-12-08 at 08:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    Eh, the new skill-tree is pretty great for the new Chaos-spells, lot's of chaos and damage-over-time boosts.
    Oh? Do you have a link for the new skill tree because PoE´s own isn´t updated

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude From Denmark View Post
    Oh? Do you have a link for the new skill tree because PoE´s own isn´t updated
    You can download the new offline PoE skilltree here: https://github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillT...ases/tag/2.2.3
    It's a pretty great tool since you can save your builds and it shows all the stats you gain from the tree like total life % and such.

If you dont want to download it, this one should work as well: http://exiletools.com/passive-skill-tree
    (Though I heard it can be a bit buggy?)

Also, here are the patch-notes for the Talisman update. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1489915
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2015-12-09 at 10:49 PM.

I feel like the patch notes are really dense this time around. A lot of small changes may have a huge impact in Talisman and Ascendancy.

There is a lot to think about here.

Only new bit of info. to me is the global cooldown on mob initiation abilities. Will be interesting to see how it pans out, though I don't usually die to stuff like that. It will be nice to not have to alt f4 or die instantly to a pack of shared boon grapplers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Only new bit of info. to me is the global cooldown on mob initiation abilities. Will be interesting to see how it pans out, though I don't usually die to stuff like that. It will be nice to not have to alt f4 or die instantly to a pack of shared boon grapplers.
    I've never died to anything like that.

Actually, the only time I've died to actual monster abilities is probably at the start of Tempest when I hadn't played the game for a while and didn't know they had buffed Cemetary/Necropolis Merveil... Got instagibbed off-screen by her ice-spike-barrage-thing with 5k health Oh, and this one time I ran into 3 of those huge-ass skeletons (white ones) and they all hit me at the same time and probably crit so I got insta-killed from full health... was in Merciless Act-3 I think.

I usually die to stupid shit like Frost/Fire/Storm Bearer explosions or Corrupting Blood when playing tired or drunk :P And sometimes to shit I didn't know about beforehand like that silly corpse-explosion Tormented Spirit.

The changes in the patch don't really affect any of my plans for this league so I'm somewhat indifferent about them.... Though I might make a Lightning Striker at last since it got buffed.

Yeah I probably die to bleed effects far more than anything else, even with staunching flasks. Walking into a room of shared boon grapplers on my second map of the league is always going to be a bitter memory for me though.

Deleted
    I only seen to want to play PoE like a day or two before an update :\

Awakening is available now,. but by damn loading is SLOw,. its like the whole world is trying to ddos the servers,. unplayable.

guess ill play poe another day :/

Deleted

15+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully you can put more than one of those in your tree :P
    Skeleton Summoner with 9 or so Skeleton Mages inc.

Most likely it'll be useless, but at least my necromancer nostalgia will be taken care of.

Kinda new player here (only ever got 2 characters above level 80). Going to start up again in Talisman and probably going either Cyclone (Liftingnerdbro or Lighty's builds on PoE forum) or the Arc build ZiggyD just put out a video about.

Just wondering which would be more "newb friendly" as although I'm familiar with trading, I probably won't have much currency to be buying great stuff.

I did MF flame totem and MF Poison Arrow builds before, and while I enjoyed them I would like to make a character this league who is more focused on just damage, and not have to worry about culling and all that.

Also if there are any other builds you'd suggest, go ahead, especially if there's a guide on the forums somewhere because I'm the type to just follow tried and tested cookie cutter builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    Hopefully you can put more than one of those in your tree :P
    Skeleton Summoner with 9 or so Skeleton Mages inc.

Most likely it'll be useless, but at least my necromancer nostalgia will be taken care of.
    Qarl implied it stacks by supporting the notion that all of these jewels stack, even the ones you wouldn't expect to.

@Rock
    How do you feel about summoners? Easy to learn and survivable through the whole game, can get pretty insane damage with SRS/spectres, skeletons might even be good now. The new skills might be worth taking a look at as well, we don't really know how strong they will be yet.

Hmm something to look into as I loved summonecros in D2. Wasn't there something about losing all your summons every time you made a new game or something that made summon builds crappy to play though?