[Priest Beta]Damage from Solace

Does anybody have numbers on how much damage Solace does, well at least compared to smite, holy fire, and penance.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Without any stacks of Evangelism, I'm getting:
    Smite: 13.5k
    Holy Fire: 15.5k + 3.7k DoT
    Penance: 15k per tick
    Solace: 7k

Solace currently doesn't benefit from Evangelism, which gives 20% extra damage and reduces mana cost by 30%. It also doesn't benefit from the Divine Fury passive, which gives Smite, Holy Fire and Penance an extra 15% chance to hit, which is the cap, and of course, it doesn't procc Atonement.

oh that makes me sad incorporating into a rotation is a dps loss, and should only really be used for mana reasons.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

It does, however, scale with the damage bonus of Chakra: Chastise.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    oh that makes me sad incorporating into a rotation is a dps loss, and should only really be used for mana reasons.
    Well, that's the intention. Personally, I don't think many Discipline Priests will take the talent, as they'll want to be casting for Atonement spells when they get the chance to, instead of to regen mana. I think that Mindbender will be preferred for most Disc Priests for Regen, and Holy will go more for Solace.

Was having a bit of discussion on the official forums about the mana regen tradeoffs the other week (post #20 is the meaty part), and it worked out that you'd need roughly 4 Solace Casts per minute to equal the extra regen of Mindbender. Doesn't sound so bad, but when you think that's one every 15 seconds, at a 1.5 second base cast, it doesn't leave much time for Smiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    Well, that's the intention. Personally, I don't think many Discipline Priests will take the talent, as they'll want to be casting for Atonement spells when they get the chance to, instead of to regen mana. I think that Mindbender will be preferred for most Disc Priests for Regen, and Holy will go more for Solace.

Was having a bit of discussion on the official forums about the mana regen tradeoffs the other week (post #20 is the meaty part), and it worked out that you'd need roughly 4 Solace Casts per minute to equal the extra regen of Mindbender. Doesn't sound so bad, but when you think that's one every 15 seconds, at a 1.5 second base cast, it doesn't leave much time for Smiting.
    I'm not sure about beta, but atonement heals are pretty poor on live (7k hps). In contrast, Solace allows you to OOM yourself with PW:S during heavy damage phases and then regen it all back during luls.

The link you posted is calculated incorrectly. They assume 1 shadow fiend per 5 minutes where as it should be 2.
    Last edited by yurano; 2012-07-02 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    I'm not sure about beta, but atonement heals are pretty poor on live (7k hps). In contrast, Solace allows you to OOM yourself with PW:S during heavy damage phases and then regen it all back during luls.
    Atonement heals are close to the most efficiency you can get on live, they are fucking great.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post

If you can afford to Smite in place of casting Solace, then disc's mana is already in a very favorable place because Smite's atonement healing is horribly inefficient and the damage you are doing is not even close to shortening the fight enough to compensate. If that is the case, then sure, why take an active mana generation when you do not need or can use the mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Atonement heals are close to the most efficiency you can get on live, they are fucking great.
    This is only relevant to live:
    Holy Fire is efficient. Smite is only modestly efficient when compared to other single target heals and that is with 5 stack of evangelism and the damage boost from holy fire's dot being active.
    Last edited by Chimaera; 2012-07-02 at 01:06 AM.

Try not to think of it as a DPS loss. Atonement heals are amazing because we do contribute to dps, yes. But that's not our main goal. We need to make sure we have mana, not worry about our dps. We que as healers to do that - heal. I'm finishing boss fights with 85% mana because of that solace spell. It's an awesome addition to the atonement rotation. Our dps should be only an added bonus of getting a priest in party. Other parties kill bosses with the healers doing no dps. Any healer doing dps, especially as decently as we priests do, is just an added bonus =)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilynn View Post
    Try not to think of it as a DPS loss. Atonement heals are amazing because we do contribute to dps, yes. But that's not our main goal. We need to make sure we have mana, not worry about our dps. We que as healers to do that - heal. I'm finishing boss fights with 85% mana because of that solace spell. It's an awesome addition to the atonement rotation. Our dps should be only an added bonus of getting a priest in party. Other parties kill bosses with the healers doing no dps. Any healer doing dps, especially as decently as we priests do, is just an added bonus =)
    Well I happen to play my priest like a ranged dps so all the stuff I'm going to get in MoP is going to be fun with the lvl 90 talents and solace even if it doesn't do that much damage.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

They assume 1 shadow fiend per 5 minutes where as it should be 2.

They should just change the Divine Fury passive to affect all holy spells and be done with it.
    Having sepeate solutions for each of the spells form talents and glyphs is making things needlessly complicated. Missing with a lvl 90 talent that does damage and healing every time we use it is like saying "You thought the damage portion was for you to do damage? Stupid, it's to keep you from using it with mobs around!".