First time build

Hey guys, I'm thinking of building my first computer and will probably be buying the parts sometime this or next week. I'm trying to keep my price from $1500-1700 and i've been learning a lot over the last month to figure out what i want and should buy. I'll be playing WoW, d3, guild wars 2, torchlight2, and that's prolly about it at the moment but may get into bigger games as time goes by. I do need an OS, windows 7 i guess?, and I will need a monitor. So here's what I've put together, sorry no links.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (215 atm on newegg, not close enough to a microcenter :()
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler (89.99 newegg)
    Motherboard: not sure what motherboard to get so please help with that
    Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM (59.99 Newegg)
    Hard Drive: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive (109.99 Newegg)
    Video Card: gtx 680 reference card from either galaxy or evga, any recommendations on which? (499.99 newegg)
    Case: Corsair Graphite Series 600T CC600TM Mid-Tower Gaming Case (159.99 newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W ATX12V V2.3/EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply (159.99 newegg)
    Dvd burner: ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM (18.99 newegg)
    Total: About $1330 so far

No idea what motherboard to get, is the only thing i didn't learn too much about so please help me decide on one. also i've heard the noctua can be overkill but i've read nothing but good stuff about it and my room is usually kinda warm anyways so i want to make sure my comp stays cool :P
    thank you guys!

1. PSU is pretty overkill. I'd go ahead and grab one of Seasonic's 520w bronze models unless you plan on adding another 680 in the loop.

2. Samsung's HDD division was purchased by Seagate. I'd suggest going with Western Digital.

3. Between the two cards, EVGA has much better warranty support and customer service.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

personally i would go with the 2500k over the 3570.

I would also recommend the 670 over the 680.

Quote Originally Posted by karrad View Post
    personally i would go with the 2500k over the 3570.

I would also recommend the 670 over the 680.
    If the parts are in his budget, there's no reason to go with lesser performing stuff. The one exception to that being if he plans to -heavily- overclock, the 2500k would be a better choice.
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

I went with the 750w just incase i decide to SLI in the future, and which HDD would you recommend from western digital? Wasn't aware it was bought by seagate. And yes i've been back and forth between the 670 and 680 and decided on the 680 for sure and I will be OCing. I dunno about heavily because i've never done it before but will be learning how to eventually. And how bout a motherboard? Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by trauk10 View Post
    I went with the 750w just incase i decide to SLI in the future, and which HDD would you recommend from western digital? Wasn't aware it was bought by seagate. And yes i've been back and forth between the 670 and 680 and decided on the 680 for sure and I will be OCing. I dunno about heavily because i've never done it before but will be learning how to eventually. And how bout a motherboard? Any suggestions?
    I'd go with a WD Caviar Blue if you're primarily going to be using it for storage, or a Caviar Black if you're going to load additional games on it. (blue has less noise and power consumption, black has more noise and power consumption, but better performance)

As far as mobos go, the Z77 Extreme 4 from ASRock is by far the best bang for your buck @ $115 unless you need specific features from the more expensive options.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157293

build pics

Deleted
    I'd also recommend getting a 2500k instead of 3570k, as you can overclock it way more without worrying about temps, especially with the Noctua NH-D14.
    Evga 680, they're simply awesome service and they even have Evga Precision (tuning and monitoring of gpu)

Asrock z77 extreme 4 is a good choice, but I'd recommend a Gigabyte but they're more expensive and you probably won't need the features they offer.

Alright then I'll take a look at the z77 extreme 4, and thank you for the HDD recommendations. I think I'm going to stick with the 3570k since with the games i'll be playing i probably won't even need to OC it that much with the build i'm considering.
    Any other recommended mobos? and should i just go with windows 7 home premium? and how about a monitor. For monitor i'm lookin for something at a lowish price to keep the total down a bit.