Want to know if this computer will run wow well.

Hey guys, I'm going to college soon and I'm thinking of investing in a new laptop that will handle college stuff as well as wow, starcraft, and diablo type games. I've narrowed it down to 2 potential laptops. I'm kind of a noob at discerning what specs of laptops are capable of playing what types of games.

Laptop #1= HP 14.5" ENVY laptop. $759
    8gb Memory
    750gb hard drive
    AMD Radeon HD 6630S graphics (1gb dedicated card)
    2nd gen intel core i5-2430M 2.4GHz processor with turbo boost to 3.0GHz
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home premium

Just in case these specs weren't enough here is the exact model number= hp envy14-2166se

Laptop #2= Asus 14" $799
    8gb memory
    750gb hard drive
    Intel® 2nd Generation Core™ i7 2.8GHz (with Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz)
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home premium
    Graphics Chip: Intel
    Graphics Card: UMA

Just in case these specs weren't enough here is the exact model number= asus U46E-BAL7

So these are the two laptops that i've narrowed it down to for now. If anyone could help me out or suggest which laptop would be best suited for college and gaming comparing the specs listed here, your help would be greatly appreciated! Once again thank you.

Of the two, the first one will be miles ahead of the Intel integrated card on the second one.

However, it's still not equipped for high settings, especially in MoP. It's not bad at all for the price, but if you want a capable notebook for gaming, you're gonna have to look in the $1,000 USD / 850 euro price range.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

So the first one should be able to handle most college stuff and will be capable of running wow decently? At max what kind of fps would the first one get? Also i'm going into Biochem as my major so academics comes first. Just want to know which is the better laptop.

Yes, the first one can handle any productivity app with ease. For WoW, the card is very close to Nvidia's 540m, which is more widely tested. It should perform very well with most settings maxed (minus shadows and AA) at the monitor's 720p native resolution.

Safe to say 50-60FPS+ in all situations aside from 25m raids, 40v40 PvP, and the middle of cities. The latter of which you'll probably end up somewhere in the 30s to 40s at times.
    Last edited by glo; 2012-07-02 at 02:01 AM.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

1st Laptop should be handle wow on High settings at 720 60fps + with some few settings with ultra.
    Also the gpu is equal to 540m nvidia glo said that .

2nd latop : I don't trust intel gpu they always have some issues with wow and u need to dig in forums to fix them .

Hope this helps