Few mods respond to PMs...

I couldn't find in the FAQ on this forum if this was allowed or not, so I'll post it anyway, and if it's against the rules, feel free to lock/delete, sorry in advance!

Without naming names here I messaged a mod about a name change a while back...5-6 months ago I believe. Never got a response. Messaged another mod about a name change and they just directed me to the mod I messaged before. Waited a while, thinking, hey they're a mod and probably busy! Month or so later...still no reply, I messaged that mod again and still nothing.

5-6 months later I message the same mod again to try my luck...and nothing. So I'm taking it here to make it public asking for help about a potential name change and to just see why it takes so long for a mod to even respond. I never even got a courtesy message like, "hey, I'm really busy but I'll get to you as soon as I can, thanks for waiting!"

So yeah...thats my issue/question/feedback/suggestion lol.

Deleted
    And than some complain about Blizz support... ;P Serious though, I hope they assist you soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it has to be an admin, not just a mod.

It does have to be an admin, though Sunshine seems to be the best to ask for name changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynta Vali Daseriu View Post
    It does have to be an admin, though Sunshine seems to be the best to ask for name changes.
    yeah Sunshine has been the one not responding after all these months haha, wasn't trying to call anyone out!

I'm the one who denied the request back in April, you didn't want a name change. You wanted someone's account deleted to then get their name. There wasn't any follow-up because we were prioritizing MoP work instead of name changes, days are only 24 hours long apparently!

You don't really need to go OMGOMGOMG in public, sending another PM now would have been fine. Keep in mind that there's a shitton of requests for this kind of things and that it takes easily a week or two to go through the pile after it gets submitted for admins approval. (And that's for the easy cases)

In any case it doesn't mean that your name change will be approved, for the record.