Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    And of course I boast an ego. You must be new, I'm Anaxie read the sign.
    My old account got lost somehow (I don't really post) but I lurk from time to time, but the vile that is spewing from your mouth the last few pages is hitting an all-time high.

You're openly bashing on Charles because he was benched in a Top 5 World Guild as a Ret Paladin? Do you honestly believe for one second that's because of his performance? C'mon "RET KING". You're better than that!

He plays a spec that cannot compete in terms of sustained damage and AoE needed to kill these bosses in some 522s and the rest lower the first week of progression. Go ahead and use the Exorsus used Rets on *insert fight here*. Sure, there were situations but Exorsus wasn't bringing the roster of 5 to 6 Warlocks, 4 Rogues, 3 DKs and so on. Don't kid yourself for a second that you can legitimetly call him out on that. Rets were good on later fights, but why bring in the Ret if he doesn't have gear? Use your brain.

You're sitting here being one of the best basketball players at the local gym, saying you're better than the NBA pro sitting on the bench. Get the off your ego high, and look at the facts. By the time you get to these fights you have the gear needed to compete and you're in a guild that will bring a Ret Paladin on every fight. Most players in this thread are.

He stated his opinion on the thread and how its turned from a Theorycrafting thread to a massive ego-stroke. This spec is in need of a community that can coherently express the things it needs to be a competitive spec, and you're sitting over here spewing out this toxic attitude.

The fact you even had the audacity to say some of the things you said blows my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by donnamartin View Post
    Woah woah woah Anaxie is making shirts for blizzcon? Put me and Saitek down for one each bro.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 12:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzodin View Post
    My old account got lost somehow (I don't really post) but I lurk from time to time, but the vile that is spewing from your mouth the last few pages is hitting an all-time high.

You're openly bashing on Charles because he was benched in a Top 5 World Guild as a Ret Paladin? Do you honestly believe for one second that's because of his performance? C'mon "RET KING". You're better than that!

He plays a spec that cannot compete in terms of sustained damage and AoE needed to kill these bosses in some 522s and the rest lower the first week of progression. Go ahead and use the Exorsus used Rets on *insert fight here*. Sure, there were situations but Exorsus wasn't bringing the roster of 5 to 6 Warlocks, 4 Rogues, 3 DKs and so on. Don't kid yourself for a second that you can legitimetly call him out on that. Rets were good on later fights, but why bring in the Ret if he doesn't have gear? Use your brain.

You're sitting here being one of the best basketball players at the local gym, saying you're better than the NBA pro sitting on the bench. Get the off your ego high, and look at the facts. By the time you get to these fights you have the gear needed to compete and you're in a guild that will bring a Ret Paladin on every fight. Most players in this thread are.

He stated his opinion on the thread and how its turned from a Theorycrafting thread to a massive ego-stroke. This spec is in need of a community that can coherently express the things it needs to be a competitive spec, and you're sitting over here spewing out this toxic attitude.

The fact you even had the audacity to say some of the things you said blows my mind.
    Actually I think the problem was more along the lines of Exodus itself. Does did not like to use rets.

This shit here is blowing my mind it's remnicent of the days of Vis Maior and the ret Slayton being one of the first guilds to get progression kills because of a ret.

Very funny though you call me a local ball player and call him NBA. Whatever does it for you I suppose.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-05-11 at 12:28 AM.

Actually I think the problem was more along the lines of Exodus itself. Does did not need to use undergeared rets.
    Fixed it for you. Don't think for a second I'm trying to glorify him either, I'm just simply defending him since you liked to call him out for being benched.

Parses =/= Skill

Congrats, you have a legitimate weapon, a nice amount of haste and a Thunderforged trinket. Shall I bow now?

Lets see some Healing Logs, how many times you used your utility in a fight etc;.
    Last edited by Spazzodin; 2013-05-11 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzodin View Post
    Fixed it for you. Don't think for a second I'm trying to glorify him either, I'm just simply defending him since you liked to call him out for being benched.

Parses =/= Skill

Congrats, you have a legitimate weapon, a nice amount of haste and a Thunderforged trinket. Shall I bow now?

Lets see some Healing Logs, how many times you used your utility in a fight etc;.
    Pretty often since I could care less about parsing until progression is over self healing and Instant full healing a tank or a player who is 10% before OMFG nuke blast / whatever survives.

Or just shit jobs like bitch duty on Megera with SoL+BH for threat so stuff dies one shot ect. It's really not a big deal.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-05-11 at 12:42 AM.

Pretty often since I could care less about parsing until progression is over self healing and Instant full healing a tank or a player who is 10% before OMFG nuke blast / whatever survives.

Or just shit jobs like bitch duty on Megera with SoL+BH for threat so stuff dies one shot ect. It's really not a big deal.
    Not sure how you can call the other half of your spec "not a big deal". Soaking Ji-Kun puddles, Freedoms on Iron Qon, BOPs on Horridon, Sacs on Horridon, Puritys on Ji-Kun, Magera. Any form of LoH is an effective use, not just for the "moment". etc;

I mean, yes, most of these things should be a given, but things like that are the difference between a good ret and a great ret.

Btw noticed something wrong with your list:

Bis trinkets in top end gear (haste levels 15000+) = feather + primordius (talisman outscales spark sideways with haste). Earlier stages spark may be superior with low haste levels and such.
    Bis weapon = sword no contest
    Bis offset = leishen 541 legs no contest (1 = legs, 2 = socket colors)

So take Hit hands with useless rating from tier? Kay

I actually have all three trinkets. Results with Primoridus leads to a huge meh.

And Yes the sword very likely is better. Doubt anyone cares which of the 541s they get aslong as it's not a goddamn hit sword. I'm more interested in the potential from the Spear though. You can't deny the benefits 8% mastery will provide when you are looking at 56k or slightly more weapon damage in full BiS. 50% mastery with 41% haste range is just too damn tasty. Especially considering mastery can go through the roof when you get the pretty damn frequen 40-50% feather uptimes and redic 4 pieace procs especially during wings with feather active.

So sure on paper sword is better I won't deny it. Spear has much higher potential however.

Then again you're human so sword wins by a landslide by default. I'm truely happy for you because those random weapons are a buncha BS to get.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-05-11 at 01:52 AM.

honestly bragging about parses while wearing full bis, or close to full bis when the vast majority of people reading the posts are nowhere close to that is pretty silly.

its one thing to sharing logs to illustrate the performance of an item or to show how to effectively use a mechanic, doing it to say "hrrrr i'm better geared than you so look at the numbers i can produce" is just rude.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    Nothing wrong with this thread imo, if someone asks a question it gets answered pretty accurately and pretty swiftly. Nothing wrong with general chat in the downtime and comparing parses and gear.
    Agree with this. I really enjoy this thread and the Ret conversation happening day to day. I'm not nearly as progressed as some in this thread, but I'm learning a lot and getting very good tips on things like trinkets, etc. I like to look at parses and the like, if I rank on a fight I feel good about it as well and like to share with my Ret community. It's sad some folks feel the need to come in and be judgmental about it. See what I did there?

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    honestly bragging about parses while wearing full bis, or close to full bis when the vast majority of people reading the posts are nowhere close to that is pretty silly.

its one thing to sharing logs to illustrate the performance of an item or to show how to effectively use a mechanic, doing it to say "hrrrr i'm better geared than you so look at the numbers i can produce" is just rude.
    Rikh wasn't doing this so....? Why are people still talking about this shit. Move on or I'm going to PM Krekko to end it for me.

oh wow quit bitching, i love reading conversations in here, lots of useful tips get brought up on encounters and gear and shit.
    honestly, people will complain about anything

Gloves + tier legs = 2 blue sockets you won't have tho, which from pure dps pov = same useless 320hit rating... And it is a big deal where you want 6 more ilvls gloves or pants if min-maxing. Gloves are good progress item however, won't deny that. Mastery and crit were pretty much on par last tier already, when this time we also have metagem proc which only benefits from crit on top of our usual dmg (which also scales with wep dmg + SoL).
    Last edited by Neldarie; 2013-05-11 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charleslol View Post
    It's funny how I make no mention of you in my post and you immediately insult me with your very first sentence. Clearly my presence in these types of threads really gets to you.

As for you being the Ret King? Nah. There are dozens of Rets who are parsing higher than you right now.(Nice 535 weap, 541/535 trinkets) Biggest ego for sure tho.
    Not sure if you get high parses, does it matter? no, because you're raiding at prob the highest level of anyone here. Parses don't mean shit if you're only looking at the shiny dps number. Besides dps numbers can be fucking retarded anyways, anyone who thinks a top ret is a top ret because he or she does the most damage on a WoL is dumb (sorry if that offends anyone) but that's how I feel about it. It's not hard to parse, it's all about the gear (mainly wep) and then how free you are to "cheese" or if you're allowed to solo down waves of adds.

----------------------------------------------

I'll let you guys in on a mmo-champion secret.
    Click on the username of someone.
    > View Profile
    > Add to ignore list

Congratulations, you're now ignoring whoever you find annoying/stupid/or people who generally pisses you off.
    I've got a few people on it...
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2013-05-11 at 03:34 AM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol
    (sorry if that offends anyone) but that's how I feel about it. It's not hard to parse, it's all about the gear (mainly wep) and then how free you are to "cheese" or if you're allowed to solo down waves of adds.
    Yup. Pretty much. Playing a Ret Paladin well is only partially about damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Not sure if you get high parses, does it matter? no, because you're raiding at prob the highest level of anyone here. Parses don't mean shit if you're only looking at the shiny dps number. Besides dps numbers can be fucking retarded anyways, anyone who thinks a top ret is a top ret because he or she does the most damage on a WoL is dumb (sorry if that offends anyone) but that's how I feel about it. It's not hard to parse, it's all about the gear (mainly wep) and then how free you are to "cheese" or if you're allowed to solo down waves of adds.

----------------------------------------------

I'll let you guys in on a mmo-champion secret.
    Click on the username of someone.
    > View Profile
    > Add to ignore list

Congratulations, you're now ignoring whoever you find annoying/stupid/or people who generally pisses you off.
    I've got a few people on it...
    Agree. There has never been a #1 parse in the history of this game because someone simply executed a flawless rotation. It's always been insane RNG or insane cheese. If people want to come here and talk about their #1 parses, please go into detail about how it was accomplished. This is the only acceptable way IMO so we can have discussions and try to see if it is possible to replicate the strategy or if it were simply rng/cheese.

I'm not condemning the people who come here and talk about what loot they got this week or what top parses they earned. If you come here to do that, just do it in a way that contributes to Ret theorycraft.

great read last few pages, a few too many jimmies being rustled over nothing lol
    I myself enjoy some high parses, nice to see the damage being done with bis

Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    Gloves + tier legs = 2 blue sockets you won't have tho, which from pure dps pov = same useless 320hit rating... And it is a big deal where you want 6 more ilvls gloves or pants if min-maxing. Gloves are good progress item however, won't deny that. Mastery and crit were pretty much on par last tier already, when this time we also have metagem proc which only benefits from crit on top of our usual dmg (which also scales with wep dmg + SoL).
    You wouldn't put hit in those blue sockets anyway... so no, there is no "same useless hit rating" in that.

and we've already been over the mastery vs crit thing already. Mastery is better because of AOE and damage percentage increases.

Posting for Anaxie
    Well guys, Banned again for unrelated reasons to this thread. Be towards the end of May but at this point I'm considering asking for my thread to be locked and just closing shop permanently on these forums. ~ Anaxie

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    You wouldn't put hit in those blue sockets anyway... so no, there is no "same useless hit rating" in that.

and we've already been over the mastery vs crit thing already. Mastery is better because of AOE and damage percentage increases.
    And what would you put then? Stamina? Same dps loss (120str you just do not ignore). Mastery is superior none said otherwise. But that same supremacy is infentile at best to make a difference. While haste just got better with RPPM shitter trinkets.

2690(-160)+160tierchest, is the fully reforged BiS hit(535helm+541primoring+541feather+535gloves+(-bluesock Raden ring), which ye maybe abit too much for Draenai but works for rest.
    Last edited by Neldarie; 2013-05-11 at 06:12 AM.

god dammit anaxie got banned again i'll never get a shirt now