1. #501
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    148
    Probably better to stop the 10/25 discussion here, it will just end in bans and a locked thread.

  2. #502
    Legendary! anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I think anaxie is just mad because there's never a spot for a Ret in a 10 man guild that wants to progress fast.


    While you bring NONE.... what?
    Please leave this thread before I have a mod remove you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zabyt View Post
    Probably better to stop the 10/25 discussion here, it will just end in bans and a locked thread.
    I already said the discussion is over and he persists even throwing the ret is unviable card. I messaged mods and Malthanis he will be infracted or banned if he continues.

  3. #503
    Random question: Does Haste affect ES damage ? Any point to using a haste on-use with ES ?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Floross/simple

    "...and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

  4. #504
    Legendary! anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    Random question: Does Haste affect ES damage ? Any point to using a haste on-use with ES ?
    It does not

    Not even GCD sigh...

  5. #505
    Moderator Malthanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Not nearly out of the way enough
    Posts
    4,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabyt View Post
    Probably better to stop the 10/25 discussion here, it will just end in bans and a locked thread.
    I wouldn't lock the thread, there's too much good that it and it's predecessors have done. However, I will start smacking people if they decide to continue the 10/25 argument, or any other kind of argument that doesn't involve the actual topic of the thread.

    So let's play nice, shall we?

  6. #506
    Legendary! anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,398
    Plugged BIS in for draenei atleast your racial is 100% useless at bis

    You cannot drop below 8.5% hit. Gemming blues with str / stam to actuall have SOME BENEFIT yeah stam.... beats hit that does nothing tho. This is a very nicely itemized tier just kinda sucks for draenei.

    Looking into the 509 non Heroic elite neck might be beneficial. Or Galleon ring.


    EDIT: BiS as a draenei you will take all items in my OP and ONE strength / stamina gem. You should end with 7.49 exp and 7.53 hit. That is pretty outstanding honestly. Since one of the hit items gives very little gain to the class i would let all classes take Dread Shadow ring Hit/Crit ring. Before ret

    If you are a Blacksmith you will end this tier at 23% haste. Basically 1.25 Sec GCD and 1 Sec GCD during Vortex procs. Breath deep my Ret brothers the second half of tier progression this tier you will be outstanding and the progression of T15 will shine for you aswell.


    EDIT: Changed again. a 320 haste gem in blue and ignoring socket bonus should be a gain on belt for draenei. It feels so dirty to do that but that is the way it is.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-10-21 at 08:18 PM.

  7. #507
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    104
    I've been flipping back and forth with HA and SW. Before the 4 piece T14, which officially pulls ahead? Is it stat based?

  8. #508
    Legendary! anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Saferis View Post
    I've been flipping back and forth with HA and SW. Before the 4 piece T14, which officially pulls ahead? Is it stat based?
    It's fight based. If you use autohotkey and have alot of haste 20% SW should pull ahead. If you have 2 set just use HA and darkmaster lessons for now.


    Updated OP for the T14 bis list concerning hit and draenei. You will skip belt socket bonus at 100% bis.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-10-21 at 08:22 PM.

  9. #509
    I don't know if this is the place for it but... World of Logs and the recount of everyone in the raid are having some ah... rather beefy disagreements about fights. I realize you'd generally take world of logs as more accurate but it's showing me and a few other raid members as 9-10k under recount which I think is a hell of a discrepency when it's showing up on EVERYONE's recount.

    On a different but related note, I'm having some trouble keeping inquisition up on elegon during the orb phase. I've opted to simply drop it if I can't sustain it while pooling enough HP to burst (usually the last 2 waves) which has definitly helped making sure I get every wave down without help from a tank. However, not having inquisition up is hardly optimal, has anyone figured out a neat trick here?
    Divine, Unmarred and Electrified
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Demaio/simple
    Retired(ish)

  10. #510
    Legendary! anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,398
    pray and pool.

  11. #511
    Recount doesn't measure effective dps, world of logs does. That's probably what you are seeing unless you are talking Gara'jal in which case it's just the whole two phase issue.

    Anaxie, how did you determine your trinket ranking?

  12. #512
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Balhale View Post

    Anaxie, how did you determine your trinket ranking?
    think he already explained that today in a post.. on my iphone atm so cant find it for you :<

  13. #513
    Legendary! anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabyt View Post
    think he already explained that today in a post.. on my iphone atm so cant find it for you :<
    I bet the BIS lists for trinkets in the other thread is considering 4 set. which allows constant stacking of each proc especially Shiens. I would agree that Zephurs list is correct. Mine is correct until 4 set. I'll edit that.

  14. #514
    Quote Originally Posted by DemaioJ View Post
    I don't know if this is the place for it but... World of Logs and the recount of everyone in the raid are having some ah... rather beefy disagreements about fights. I realize you'd generally take world of logs as more accurate but it's showing me and a few other raid members as 9-10k under recount which I think is a hell of a discrepency when it's showing up on EVERYONE's recount.

    On a different but related note, I'm having some trouble keeping inquisition up on elegon during the orb phase. I've opted to simply drop it if I can't sustain it while pooling enough HP to burst (usually the last 2 waves) which has definitly helped making sure I get every wave down without help from a tank. However, not having inquisition up is hardly optimal, has anyone figured out a neat trick here?
    Refresh it in the time between each wave. Even a 2 point refresh will last long enough for a particular wave. Its okay if you don't have 5 hp when it comes out. Make sure if you have a dk he's helping everybody kill their orbs with pestilence.

    How many waves are you killing? Any more than 4 each phase is not necessary on 10 man.
    Last edited by Torchbringer; 2012-10-21 at 11:21 PM.

  15. #515
    Legendary! anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbringer View Post
    Refresh it in the time between each wave. Even a 2 point refresh will last long enough for a particular wave. Its okay if you don't have 5 hp when it comes out. Make sure if you have a dk he's helping everybody kill their orbs with pestilence.

    How many waves are you killing? Any more than 4 each phase is not necessary on 10 man.
    It's usually 4-5-6 orbs that u start to struggle to keep inqu up. u have to hope ur partner bursts hard so u know it will die and u can leave early to go generate more power.

  16. #516
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    It's fight based. If you use autohotkey and have alot of haste 20% SW should pull ahead. If you have 2 set just use HA and darkmaster lessons for now.


    Updated OP for the T14 bis list concerning hit and draenei. You will skip belt socket bonus at 100% bis.
    First i must say thanks anaxie for ur effort to community, just plain ej reading showed how its important to read top rets also on these maxing questions, just plain numbers and spreadsheets wont simulate accurate enough fights which arent just plain patchwerk. What i was wondering was, that u have mentioned "autohotkey" couple of times and it hasnt unveiled to me what are u meaning with it?

    Edit: grammar
    Last edited by konne; 2012-10-22 at 06:49 AM.

  17. #517
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    118
    I'm not sure the legality of "AutoHotKey" makes it wise to discuss on these forums.

  18. #518
    As looked further thought aswell that u can get banned for using it. Have u anaxie used it and have u found how to use it i terms of "legally"?
    Other thing that popped on my mind was, how u use sacred shield in raids, are u ss:ing urself or into tanks?

  19. #519
    Quote Originally Posted by Viveras View Post
    I'm not sure the legality of "AutoHotKey" makes it wise to discuss on these forums.
    Used AutoHotkey for months back in WotlK (t10 divine storm bonus). Nothing happened. Stopped using it in cata as it didn't seem necessary. Might be useful again thanks to way shorter GCDs.. Thanks for reminding me anaxie!

    If you ask a GM regarding AHK they try to dodge the issue. It's clearly a grey area for them. They don't want to encourage the use of AHK but they also don't want to ban players for using it in this way.

  20. #520
    I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    5,521
    Id wish people stopped trying to compare 10 and 25, honestly it's like putting 2v2 arena and 5v5 arena in the same bracket... Some fights are benefitial for 10man and some 25man, management is harder on 25man but setup and "cheesy" way to handle fights are sometimes harder on 10man (but it works 10 times better if you manage it on 10man).

    Paragon was first 10man
    Method was first 25man

    I can't imagine pvp forums are filled with "I got 3200 rating in 2v2, I'm the best!" and then some 5v5 guy saying "lol scrub 2v2 I'm 3200 5v5 I'm automaticly better than you!"

    STOP IT!
    You all come out as 7 year old kids fighting over whoever has the coolest pokemon card...
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

    Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •