Page 9 of 390 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be interested in knowing the basic rotation when not in a burst phase, since it is of high importance in the entire Retribution Dps system.

You know, we could reach out to Blizzard and explain how ridiculous it is that we would have to reforge hit out of nearly everything at BiS level (except the crit/hit ring I think) in order to get to the hit cap without being grossly over it.

Hand of Light spell dmg debuff has been fixed to 5%.

What is every bodies theorycrafting for levelling the fastest possible questing to 90?

Do you think glyph of immediate truth will be worth it because of how fast things die?

Do you think it's worth putting up inquistion or just burning through the mobs asap?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbringer View Post
    What is every bodies theorycrafting for levelling the fastest possible questing to 90?

Do you think glyph of immediate truth will be worth it because of how fast things die?

Do you think it's worth putting up inquistion or just burning through the mobs asap?

Glyph of Immediate Truth is quite great for leveling and mobs that die pretty damn fast. So, yes, it's worth it.

I put up Inquisition when I get the chance to when leveling, especially if going from mob to mob to mob but don't stress too much about keeping it up all the time. Don't bother if the mobs are spread apart and die too fast.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Balhale View Post
    so.... Raid buffed says 15% crit.

Have you forgotten inqusition 10% crit this whole time in simcraft?

Deleted
    Although this is most probably a bug, at the moment, Speccing Sanctified Wrath and casting Avenging Wrath, and quickly unlearning the SW talent and learning Holy Avenger or Divine Purpose keeps the Sanctified Wrath buff up, even if you no longer posses the talent, much like prot tier 11 4 set works.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    so.... Raid buffed says 15% crit.

Have you forgotten inqusition 10% crit this whole time in simcraft?
    The raidbuffed stats snapshot takes place before combat, so Inq isn't up. It is definitely giving 10% as intended; abilities are critting ~22% of the time, which is is 15 + 10 - boss crit suppression.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean by this?

Quote Originally Posted by Saferis View Post
    What do you mean by this?
    It was incorrectly getting 8% instead of 5%.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Glyph of Immediate Truth is quite great for leveling and mobs that die pretty damn fast. So, yes, it's worth it.

I put up Inquisition when I get the chance to when leveling, especially if going from mob to mob to mob but don't stress too much about keeping it up all the time. Don't bother if the mobs are spread apart and die too fast.
    No, Glyph of Immediate Truth is a dps loss if you aren't going to kill the mob in 5 or 6 seconds. I definitely was not killing mobs in 5 seconds when I leveled on beta, plus not glyphing it means you aren't taking the dps hit if you run a dungeon.

No, Glyph of Immediate Truth is a dps loss if you aren't going to kill the mob in 5 or 6 seconds. I definitely was not killing mobs in 5 seconds when I leveled on beta, plus not glyphing it means you aren't taking the dps hit if you run a dungeon.
    Yeah, it's just more convenient to switch to Seal of Justice if you know something will die really fast.

I just got back to playing Ret because my guild asked me to get an alt to stack classes in T14. Haven't played for almost all year so not very updated and got some questions.

1) During wings, do I aim for spamming HoW as much as possible (every 2nd GCD excl TV) and use filers with the priority Exo>CS>Judge? Also assuming I'm supposed to aim for 5HP if needed before using TV to make room for as many HoW as possible.
    2) a: Currently my guild is killing all bosses up to Warmaster below 3 min. Should I spec HA over SW?
    b: It seems mastery still pulls ahead of haste if the fights are short. Does crit as well?
    3) Is CotFD:H still better than the use PvP trinket? Wondering especially on fights where I get to use wings more than once and can't line up CotFD with Wings. According to SimC though I get same DPS if I hold my PvP trinket for wings every time as if I just use it when available (450s simulation). Might answer my own question. =P

Thanks for the guide and the continued theorycrafting here.

1) Yes.
    2) a: If you can't get a second SW off, HA might be stronger for you. HA also plays better with Gurth if you have it. I suggest simming it.
    b : My results have mastery and haste basically equal in a short fight. Depends on your specific gear set. However, crit is always our worst stat.
    3) Again, sim it. I haven't looked much at the use pvp trinkets since they added strength back on to them.

Is execution sentences damage increased by inquisition? Does avenging wrath increase the damage it does as well?

I want to know if this should be used while our cd's are up, or if it should wait to be used outside of wings, due to it not giving HP and us rarely having a free gcd during our wings.

What about my first two questions applied to holy prism and light's hammer damage?
    Last edited by Torchbringer; 2012-09-08 at 11:28 PM.

Deleted
    Is execution sentences damage increased by inquisition? Does avenging wrath increase the damage it does as well?

I want to know if this should be used while our cd's are up, or if it should wait to be used outside of wings, due to it not giving HP and us rarely having a free gcd during our wings.

What about my first two questions applied to holy prism and light's hammer damage?
    To my knowing they are indeed affected by Inquisition, as Execution Sentence as well as Holy Prism and Light's Hammer deal Holy damage and Inquisition increases Holy damage.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I'd say use it nonetheless. Waiting 20-30 seconds to use it just because you dont have time for a viable GCD might affect you in a fight where you just so happen to use it 10 seconds before the end. Should you wait, that opportunity may not be presentable. Also, the damage bonus makes it all the more worthwhile. Since it has a high coefficient, I'd recommend using it at the peak of your GoAK stacks, or when Landslide (or whatever the new enchantment is called) is up for maximum damage.
    On simcraft it currently sims VERY high for DPET (Damage per Execution Time), so i'd highly recommend using it especially during AW. As far as the other two talents go, considering they are only to be used on AoE encounters, it will depend on the numbers of mobs to AoE proportioned to the Execution Time Spent. I'd say if there aren't more than 4 adds, dont use those two (whichever you have chosen respectively) during AW.

The lvl 90 talents are going to be affected very much by the encounter but in a flat out single target dps race (think Baleroc or Ultraxion) which of the three provides the most dps? I've heard that Execution Sentance is the best because it uses the least ammount of GCD per minute so we don't lose as many GCD for other abilities, anyways I couldn't find a source that show data for it...

Anyone?

*edit*
    I guess damage per gcd would be a better term.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2012-09-10 at 03:41 PM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    The lvl 90 talents are going to be affected very much by the encounter but in a flat out single target dps race (think Baleroc or Ultraxion) which of the three provides the most dps? I've heard that Execution Sentance is the best because it uses the least ammount of GCD per minute so we don't lose as many GCD for other abilities, anyways I couldn't find a source that show data for it...

Anyone?

*edit*
    I guess damage per gcd would be a better term.
    It is more relative about which of the three provides the highest DPET, or Damage Per Execution Time. Currently on simcraft, Execution Sentence is simming VERY high in terms of DPET; it is in fact one of the highest DPET spells in the game.

The two others are AoE based, and should not be used on purely single target encounter like Ultraxion or Baleroc. However, if on a fight where single target and AoE collide (Like Madness, for example), I'd recommend Holy Prism given the fact that it is a low-cooldown aoe spell which also puts out a fairly decent healing output. Saving it for Hemmorhages (not sure if i spelled that right) and for Congealing Bloods (If on Heroic) can create a great output, especially with Spellweave (unfortunately, i doubt any encounters will ever have a similar spell effect).

Light's Hammer is a more Consecration-like spell, and should probably be used on a fight with consistent aoe, or to use as a raid cooldown (If your guild is stubborn and forces you to, since it can provide a decent HPS output). It would do good for a fight like Spine, however if you were to be progressing on Heroic Spine, I'd recommend Execution Sentence for more burst on a tendon (Or if a similar fight style appears in MoP)

As far as a source of data: http://simulationcraft.org/505/Raid_T14H.html (Make sure to click on the Retribution Paladin part and it will show you everything you want to know there)

So basicly we want to use Execution Sentance on CD in a straight up dps race?
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!