Deleted
    I'd say - stay with full haste on board with 490+ ilvl. Simcraft often shows breakpoints at about 9.2k haste when haste is very close to other stats, but when u gain another 500 haste it goes up in value again.

Just remember simcraft got some bugs - like Shinka from SHA which is totally bugged - whenever I'm switching from 502 HC starshatter to 483 LFR Shinka it shows me 4k dps upgrade ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Your armory says you have killed bosses that can drop tier pieces 8 times. How you can justify a deserving 4 piece out of that and even complain makes no sense.
    I'm not sure I'm following what you're saying or what your issue is. o.O My guild raids 25-man mainly but we've had to scrape out a few 10-man kills on normal HoF and Terrace.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 05:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pawelek View Post
    Just remember simcraft got some bugs - like Shinka from SHA which is totally bugged - whenever I'm switching from 502 HC starshatter to 483 LFR Shinka it shows me 4k dps upgrade ...
    Yeah, it's a bit wonky in some cases.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lets keep this thread on topic, please. Be respectful to other posters. Somethings are better left unsaid, or kept to diaries and significant others.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

So what are peoples thoughts on crit > mastery? Does anyone else think it's going to become the general rule rather than just individual stat weights? What about those of us who sim crit > mastery? Should we follow it or just go with mastery> crit and if so at what difference would simming crit > mastery have enough merit to change reforges?
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-12-09 at 03:58 AM.

So I was browsing through the Dominance Offensive quartarmaster and noticed the ring in there http://www.wowhead.com/item=93251 and was wondering if this would be better then the ring from Tsulong for a normal BiS as we haven't killed Empress on heroic to enter Terrace heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by idpsutank View Post
    So I was browsing through the Dominance Offensive quartarmaster and noticed the ring in there http://www.wowhead.com/item=93251 and was wondering if this would be better then the ring from Tsulong for a normal BiS as we haven't killed Empress on heroic to enter Terrace heroic.
    First terrance has nothing to do with HoF heroics.

Second the vp could be used to + ilvl other items. At this point in the expansion on ur main if your still buying VP items you are doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    First terrance has nothing to do with HoF heroics.

Second the vp could be used to + ilvl other items. At this point in the expansion on ur main if your still buying VP items you are doing it wrong.
    Ok, well I never said I was stilling buying VP items I haven't bought a VP item in a long time for my MS. I have been spending my VP on upgrading items I wont be replacing for a long time. As far as I know you can't enter Heroic terrace, until you kill Heroic Empress, I could be wrong. I asked should I just grab the ring thats ilvl 496 or wait til the Regular ring from Normal Tsulong since the dom offensive ring has haste/expertise compared to the hit/crit from Lei shi ring, and since the Dominance Offensive just came out and my current ring is a 489 I figured hey why not ask. I guess with a response like that I will just wait til Tsulong since buying VP this late into the xpac is bad. Sorry for asking a question.

Edit: I was wrong on the raid thing, I was misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by idpsutank View Post
    Ok, well I never said I was stilling buying VP items I haven't bought a VP item in a long time for my MS. I have been spending my VP on upgrading items I wont be replacing for a long time. As far as I know you can't enter Heroic terrace, until you kill Heroic Empress, I could be wrong. I asked should I just grab the ring thats ilvl 496 or wait til the Regular ring from Normal Tsulong since the dom offensive ring has haste/expertise compared to the hit/crit from Lei shi ring, and since the Dominance Offensive just came out and my current ring is a 489 I figured hey why not ask. I guess with a response like that I will just wait til Tsulong since buying VP this late into the xpac is bad. Sorry for asking a question.

Edit: I was wrong on the raid thing, I was misinformed.
    Dread shadow ring can drop a hundred times. VP is very limited for the amount you need.

Alrighty thank you, for the answer, also sorry if my response came off as snippy.

Sorry if it was already answered - but what's better - HC Starshatter or Shin'ka normal mode with sha gem?

Hc starshatter>shin'ka. Wdps is higher dps up than brute str in shin'ka

Would you suggest the revered boots from Shieldwall offensive as a major vp investment? I know they don't have haste or a socket but my raid hasn't had any boots drop yet and I'm stuck with angerforged stompers still which is one of my weakest pieces.

Sorry I can't link them as a member or lurks more than posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    So what are peoples thoughts on crit > mastery? Does anyone else think it's going to become the general rule rather than just individual stat weights? What about those of us who sim crit > mastery? Should we follow it or just go with mastery> crit and if so at what difference would simming crit > mastery have enough merit to change reforges?
    I too have had the Crit>Mastery thing happen to me before after running a sim. I tried reforging my extra stats (was about 1000 mastery) into crit and ran another sim and it was a dps loss, so I went back to Mastery>Crit.

Rendella Retribution Paladin for Dawn of the Dead Zul'jin-US

Been a while since i started to take raiding seriously and im getting back into it just wondering if the prot 4set t11 swap still works? appologies if this topic has been covered. Also sitting on 2set atm with 22% haste wondering if after 4set and appropriate gear levels of static haste from gear it would be best to drop whatever possible into mastery assuming about 24-25% haste through gear/gemming without dropping too much str? any and all criticism welcome too only makes me better if its constructive. Cant link my armory but its Jüdge on US black dragonflight alt code for U is 0252 and my wrists shoulders weapon and "sigh" raid finder orders are upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by Retfoo View Post
    Been a while since i started to take raiding seriously and im getting back into it just wondering if the prot 4set t11 swap still works? appologies if this topic has been covered. Also sitting on 2set atm with 22% haste wondering if after 4set and appropriate gear levels of static haste from gear it would be best to drop whatever possible into mastery assuming about 24-25% haste through gear/gemming without dropping too much str? any and all criticism welcome too only makes me better if its constructive. Cant link my armory but its Jüdge on US black dragonflight alt code for U is 0252 and my wrists shoulders weapon and "sigh" raid finder orders are upgraded.
    Prot T11 switch still works.

Upgraded neck to heroic Garalon neck so I dropped to 9k haste. Still seeing 1 Str>2 Haste
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%B9ne/advanced

I'm having difficulties deciding which item to upgrade. Is it worth it to upgrade my axe for progression sake knowing a H elegon sword may drop this week?

Or would it be a good idea to save the upgrade for later progression, which will gets a lot more difficult I hear.

I can't find a heroic item that I own that I can't replace fairly soon.

Also, do you guys think it would be a good idea to have a thread just to discuss/ask questions of what the best item upgrade would be?

* seems like helmet may be a excellent choice, I won't be replacing that for an extremely long time, will I?
    Last edited by rahkarn; 2012-12-14 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rahkarn View Post
    I'm having difficulties deciding which item to upgrade. Is it worth it to upgrade my axe for progression sake knowing a H elegon sword may drop this week?
    1. Never expect anything to drop.
    2. If you're in a progress guild it's your responsiblity to maximize your character before each raid.

Hope this helps.

... but still i would wait to kill elegon 1. being one of the easiest hc boss. With current gears it shouldnt be that hard than for example spirit kings. Save ur vp for hc starshatter and upgrade trinkets meanwhile. Cant say whats ur progress on it but hc shatter is way better than sinka and highest dps boost u can obtain

Will upgrade helmet if elegon sword doesn't drop. I agree with you Bonkura "maximize your character before each raid."

However, if you upgrade something that you will soon replace you will fall WAY behind on ilvls. There's only so much valor each week, and you simply cannot upgrade everything for what it is 15 weeks or more? This is something I feel like we all need to put a lot of thought into.

If anyone else has any suggestions I would be pleased to hear them.