Just a quick question in the midst of all the 5.2 discussions:

Is it generally worth it to drop normal Stonetoe Spaulders & normal Nullification Greathelm for LFR Tier Shoulders + Helmet to get 4-Piece Bonus? - Does the set bonus make up for the loss in stats?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paloo View Post
    Just a quick question in the midst of all the 5.2 discussions:

Is it generally worth it to drop normal Stonetoe Spaulders & normal Nullification Greathelm for LFR Tier Shoulders + Helmet to get 4-Piece Bonus? - Does the set bonus make up for the loss in stats?
    Yes it will, by a fear margin actually

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    So early simc shows us what we thought? More micro mangaing for not alot more throughput... In other words, more work for same output WITH a higher chance of "messing up" when doing other shit in raids... awesome.
    sounds like current day ret.

do more work, still lag far behind an assassination rogue.

Thunderforged items 6 ilvls higher.

Looks like i have my work cut out for me when items are launched.
    OH HO how happy you would be to get a Thunder forged Heroic weapon.

Thunderforged are raid items that likely have a 20% chance or so to be 6 item levels higher then the non thunderforged version of itself.

Prolly just be the 5 tier slot offpieaces.

Also note the legendary quest has collect 20 items then you get crown then collect more items.

SO we get another prismatic socket AND a legendary meta this tier. Need to see what the hell the weapon is.

HOpfully itt's not off the final boss. That trend of sticking it to 2H classes is getting old. Let casters/ hunters/ rogues have their BIS weapon off Lei shein Kthx.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-01-23 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    Hm, do characters who are actually BS get any extra benefits from Thunderforge compared to someone who just asked a BS to make something for them? (this is assuming that the thunderforge stuff is BoE, I haven't looked into anything relating to the Thunderforge) apart from the extra sockets :P
    did you even read what thunderforged items are?

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post

HOpfully itt's not off the final boss. That trend of sticking it to 2H classes is getting old. Let casters/ hunters/ rogues have their BIS weapon off Lei shein Kthx.
    This. All of my this.

Thunderforged items 6 ilvls higher.

Looks like i have my work cut out for me when items are launched.
    OH HO how happy you would be to get a Thunder forged Heroic weapon.
    How happy I would be to get heroic Shin'ka before 5.2...

but yeah, thunderforged heroic weapon would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    Nope, last I heard, it was a server wide unlock that let you make old world gear.
    well it's on the front page

IMO I hate the idea of not being able to get BiS, a la the ring from DS that every other week or so a buyer would get in Dragon Soul. I'm sure others think differently. I kinda liked the many gear options of yesteryear's expacs, but this just sounds "unfun" in a completionist's world.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodrogue View Post
    IMO I hate the idea of not being able to get BiS, a la the ring from DS that every other week or so a buyer would get in Dragon Soul. I'm sure others think differently. I kinda liked the many gear options of yesteryear's expacs, but this just sounds "unfun" in a completionist's world.
    Yes.... this system peeves me to no end aswell.

Heres hoping the overwhelming negetive feedback makes them change it to auto 2/2upgraded since the system is returing in 5.3 mini patch or the "thunderforge" is changed to a drop like firestones that lets you upgrade the slot. Not be punished for taking a BIS heroic and unable to take TF the night after.

Also bear with me for 5.2.

This bis list is going to be a fucking nightmare.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The bad part is, if you have say 3 melee (who use 2H), and two of them have a heroic 2H sword. Then the other guy wants that too, but just so happens to have the next sword drop be thunderforged. Then he mostlikely gets it and the other melee have to wait AGAIN....

The main thing i like about upgrades is they put your valour to use, instead of just capping...

Yes.... this system peeves me to no end aswell.

Heres hoping the overwhelming negetive feedback makes them change it to auto 2/2upgraded since the system is returing in 5.3 mini patch or the "thunderforge" is changed to a drop like firestones that lets you upgrade the slot. Not be punished for taking a BIS heroic and unable to take TF the night after.

Have you suggested this on twitter or the forums? Really good idea, first one not so much.

Thunderforged Mogustones :P Same shitter RNG chances, but easier to handle.

Deleted

I can imagine.

Have you simmed yet what's better this patch? Mastery or Haste?

Also hai Anaxie you ray of sunshine.

Deleted
    This might not be the place to ask, but I suspect many posters here have done this: how do you use simcraft to see the effect of upgrading your weapon on your dps? I have only just started to use SimCraft and could import my character very easily, and figured out how to edit a line to see the effect of altering some talents. But can anyone guide me on what to edit to change my weapon from 0/2 upgrades to 2/2? Thanks for any guidance.

Isn't it kinda set in stone that only offset (non tier) items can be thunderforged or whatever and chest and leg armors usually have the most stats on them making the itemlevel bonus even better on them. So offset in T15 should be either legs or chest thunderforged, depending on their stats and the tier stats ofc.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Isn't it kinda set in stone that only offset (non tier) items can be thunderforged or whatever and chest and leg armors usually have the most stats on them making the itemlevel bonus even better on them. So offset in T15 should be either legs or chest thunderforged, depending on their stats and the tier stats ofc.
    I got that impression and hope thats how it works. I doubt it tho. Thunderforged weapons HOOOO

I am hoping that these thunder-forged items are just pre-upgraded, otherwise its a horrible system altogether 10v25 differences non-withstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    This might not be the place to ask, but I suspect many posters here have done this: how do you use simcraft to see the effect of upgrading your weapon on your dps? I have only just started to use SimCraft and could import my character very easily, and figured out how to edit a line to see the effect of altering some talents. But can anyone guide me on what to edit to change my weapon from 0/2 upgrades to 2/2? Thanks for any guidance.
    add *,upgrade=2* in the end of the weapons line after import. Without the stars ofc