Looks like i'm taking my talents to south beach with Requital and Anaxie and butosai if hes even around anymore, farewell team. If you need help feel free to PM or find me on KT, or maybe a mod will scroll of rez anaxie O.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    I'm not sure I would count on a mod on these forums theory crafting anything. I'm pretty much done with Ret & forum theory crafting for this class, that being said I'm always fee via PM or you can even hassle me on Ner'zhul I don't mind either method or just wait for Anaxie to be able to post again and bug him.
    I almost applied to your guild.

And I agree, im on the brink of never bothering with ret theorycrafting forums because it seems the majority of it is new rets asking questions that can be googled and any criticism that we seem to dish out towards the changes someone has to defend with an absurd reason that doesn't have any logic behind it just to be different. Im not sure why Anaxie got banned, but im going to assume it was his typical antics of being harsh towards someone asking a dumb comment or making a ridiculous statement, either way this thread needs him to run it, because I dont think anyone else has the patience/desire to. If no one steps up, all I can say it was fun but ill just go back to doing it on napkins again :P

Quote Originally Posted by Licmyseal View Post
    will a moderator now perform the theorycrafting needed for a proper t15 BiS list
    Flashing News whenever anaxie comes back if he does this thread will now be "Anaxie's Totally Blunt ToT Retribution T15 BiS and random stuff thread? Or can we be allowed to post how we want. If thats the case I won't be allowed to post in my own theorycrafting thread. Nonsensical much?" From Anaxie, of Incarnate Ner'Zhul
    On the more serious note, mods banning one of the main contributors and op, is not very healthy or helpful for the community, even though he is a bit well just anaxie.
    Last edited by Vigilanti; 2013-02-26 at 01:30 AM.

Yeah, I'm kinda sick of the only person posting constructive things getting banned.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheous View Post
    I almost applied to your guild.

And I agree, im on the brink of never bothering with ret theorycrafting forums because it seems the majority of it is new rets asking questions that can be googled and any criticism that we seem to dish out towards the changes someone has to defend with an absurd reason that doesn't have any logic behind it just to be different. Im not sure why Anaxie got banned, but im going to assume it was his typical antics of being harsh towards someone asking a dumb comment or making a ridiculous statement, either way this thread needs him to run it, because I dont think anyone else has the patience/desire to. If no one steps up, all I can say it was fun but ill just go back to doing it on napkins again :P
    Theory crafting here isn't like it use to be before curse took over, But w/e their community they can run it as they choose. Never a bad thing to app to Incarnate you get to hang out with Anaxie, Buto ( if he comes back ) and myself and that is pretty much a win win situation :P

You guys are just all going to get infracted for talking about, Just pm someone that matters and vent to them leave it out of the post before someone locks it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Theory crafting here isn't like it use to be before curse took over, But w/e their community they can run it as they choose. Never a bad thing to app to Incarnate you get to hang out with Anaxie, Buto ( if he comes back ) and myself and that is pretty much a win win situation :P

You guys are just all going to get infracted for talking about, Just pm someone that matters and vent to them leave it out of the post before someone locks it.
    That's why I was considering it, would have been a blast to raid with you guys. I ended up going elsewhere, not as good as Incarnate but decent, to raid with some friends. I forget who I talked to about it but I was typing the app up before I got accepted here and just decided to just come here since Anaxie and yourself are scary. :P

Also I don't really mind the infractions, if we're not allowed to criticize those in power I'd rather not use the forums anyway.

At least this is isn't EJ, that place is more dead than MSV.

Raidingretribution still up or do we need to make a freewebz style or twitter/facebook group to talk constructive and discuss openly about what people find on PTR and live, this "moderation" of mmo-champion is going to shit. Balhale, Anaxie, Req and all the others have arguments because they care about the fucking spec. All this moderation timeouts and bans are just feeding to the frustration...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Raidingretribution still up or do we need to make a freewebz style or twitter/facebook group to talk constructive and discuss openly about what people find on PTR and live, this "moderation" of mmo-champion is going to shit. Balhale, Anaxie, Req and all the others have arguments because they care about the fucking spec. All this moderation timeouts and bans are just feeding to the frustration...
    so fucking true .. i'll probably be infractioned but i don't care

Guys, if have concerns or complaints about moderation, or a particular moderator, please go through the proper channels and send a PM to Sunshine with specific examples so the situation can be dealt with accordingly.

This really isn't the place to discuss the issue.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Guys, if have concerns or complaints about moderation, or a particular moderator, please go through the proper channels and send a PM to Sunshine with specific examples so the situation can be dealt with accordingly.

This really isn't the place to discuss the issue.

Thanks.
    This subforum has too strict moderation. I'm not going to post examples you just need to let people get away with more as long as they are not flaming, namecalling or simply fighting here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    I really miss my raidingretribution site but the community rarely used it so it died just because it wasn't used. I couldn't see putting all the effort into it for no real reason and all the rets that use to post on it back then are all gone Rip Macabre, Baconoflight & Sparklefairy you are all missed!
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

I really miss my raidingretribution site but the community rarely used it so it died just because it wasn't used. I couldn't see putting all the effort into it for no real reason and all the rets that use to post on it back then are all gone Rip Macabre, Baconoflight & Sparklefairy you are all missed!
    Might be time to give it another shot. I think here is just way too pc for most of the high end rets. I think a migration to a different site would be much better than people to continue to post here until they say something sarcastic and get banned, then get frustrated and quit talking about the theory-crafting altogether.

Or if you don't want to pay for the site, we could try to have retpaladin.com make a comeback. Dunno who even has control of that site now though or if they're able to be contacted.
    Last edited by Jerion; 2013-02-26 at 03:40 AM.

I like these forums tbh i would hate to see the community moving away. However, i do as well, think that there is faaaaarr too strict moderation around here.
    I mean in some cases it shades over the one in the official wow forums. I don't know exactly why is this happening specifically here.
    Maybe we can mark the threads indicating that "go in with your own risk" - like less moderated than usual?

In any case, i got a pm from one of our moderators after he edited my post out, saying that i should bring the matter to either blue mods or super admin.

I think we should all go and speak to sunshine, this is pretty ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Maybe we can mark the threads indicating that "go in with your own risk" - like less moderated than usual?
    That's an interesting idea for the site in general. I like it. Maybe someone with some actual influence could suggest that as a possible addition to the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    This subforum has too strict moderation. I'm not going to post examples you just need to let people get away with more as long as they are not flaming, namecalling or simply fighting here.
    Yeah see, that's the thing, you can't say "I won't post examples". First, because it kind of means you might be talking out of your ass. Second, because if you're not talking out of your ass, I have no idea what you're talking about and if something bad is actually happening, nothing will get fixed.

If you do have concerns, send a PM to me or Sunshine (but Sunshine is a lot more serious than I am, so you should talk to her)

Curse has nothing to do with moderation on this forums, most of the global mods/admins have been here for a pretty long time to be honest. And rules didn't really change in the past years.

However, repeating that the forums are turning to shit is definitely a good way to decrease the average happiness and post in an incredibly non constructive way. A recent blue post kind of explains the whole point: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-them-go-away/

---------------------

I won't reply to all the posts, but I'll clarify the situation. Anaxie got banned because he walks on the line way too often, he got warned A LOT and still thinks he's above the law for minor offenses that would get someone else 5 points. The thing is, he's not, and we don't do special treatment just because a user is popular. This is the same reason why we have an open line of communication if moderators cross the line, this is why you can report someone insulting you and not be told "yeah no sorry we like this guy, deal with it bro we're not infracting him".

If we start thinking that special treatments are ok, things never end. Anaxie got infracted for the following post:

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looks like Balfail just talking to himself over at EJ. Burst is better to have then sustained he says? Oh lawd
    He wasn't infracted right away because he's popular and trying to contribute to the forums, the post was just deleted. Admins (including me) made the call to restore the post and infract it because we cannot allow special treatment. Let's break down the post

• Trolling someone based on a post on another forum. It kind of increases the malicious intent by a lot when you start using people's posts in other places to trash them.
    • Changed his name to "Balfail" for extra trolling.
    • The reason why I made the call: You don't get to say that someone is full of shit when it comes to theorycrafting. If we start agreeing that there's only one true theory, it's not theorycrafting anymore and it kills any discussion or new ideas. Accepting that other people might have thought of something you missed is the entire reason behind theorycrafting in public.

In the end, making special moderation cases and deciding that theorycrafting on the forums can reach the point where just one guy is right and everybody else is full of shit isn't really something I want to do on my forums.

Boubouille i think that you might be missing the point a bit.

Most of us come here to check out the newest info, discuss, share opinions and even have some laughs. I know i do it; I open a beer after work, and i sit here reading what is going on with my spec. Indeed Anaxie is a very straight forward person (at least from my understanding from his posts history), but so are some others. I have never seen him though making racist or any kind of other serious comments.

What it really boils down is that some people get b*&* hurt and some do not. To be honest with you, i think the vast majority enjoys the atmosphere in here. Then we have our paladin moderators that they go trigger happy. What i mean is that they will moderate with the slightest excuse possible. I don't say that's a bad thing, however it does create a "weird" atmosphere in here. It reminds me of the tight moderating in wow forums, where free speech seems a privilege.

I will go ahead and ask you if it is possible to mark (somehow) threads in these forums, where moderation is "less tight" where bums like me can go in and share thoughts / opinions without needing to go through what we wrote 3 times to make sure no-one will take offense. People will then have a choice to either read and participate or move on to a care bear thread.

Thanks,

15+ Year Old Account
    i would just like to thank all the ppl that contributed to the thread with information and insight

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Boubouille i think that you might be missing the point a bit.

Most of us come here to check out the newest info, discuss, share opinions and even have some laughs. I know i do it; I open a beer after work, and i sit here reading what is going on with my spec. Indeed Anaxie is a very straight forward person (at least from my understanding from his posts history), but so are some others. I have never seen him though making racist or any kind of other serious comments.

What it really boils down is that some people get b*&* hurt and some do not. To be honest with you, i think the vast majority enjoys the atmosphere in here. Then we have our paladin moderators that they go trigger happy. What i mean is that they will moderate with the slightest excuse possible. I don't say that's a bad thing, however it does create a "weird" atmosphere in here. It reminds me of the tight moderating in wow forums, where free speech seems a privilege.

I will go ahead and ask you if it is possible to mark (somehow) threads in these forums, where moderation is "less tight" where bums like me can go in and share thoughts / opinions without needing to go through what we wrote 3 times to make sure no-one will take offense. People will then have a choice to either read and participate or move on to a care bear thread.

Thanks,
    We have special rules for some threads where we're more lenient on some points, defining whether or not people should get butthurt isn't a point that is negotiable. Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2013-02-26 at 05:28 AM.

We have special rules for some threads where we're more lenient on some points, defining whether or not people should get butthurt isn't a point that is negotiable. Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?
    ofc not but only if he offended you on personal lvl, not when you are arguing about class balance and theorycrafting..