Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    The fact that you can save people is one of the best parts about being ret in my opinion. Certainly it hurts your dps, but if you're not wiping to enrage its generally worth it. If your GM expects you to save people every time with LoH he's fucked in the head, but certainly you should try to save people if you can. There are a few mechanics where I feel its worth it to skip execution sentence for progression, such as quills, or for example throwing down a LH on ranged for garalon.. but if that's something your GM expects of you, you need to tell him to reevaluate your healers' performance because ret's offhealing is not free. Ferals, on the other hand, have free GCDs all the time during which they can throw out healing touch. I loved playing feral, did so much healing, imo its a total game-changer.

I'm not very good at code and this is just off the top of my head so the syntax is probably wrong somewhere, but even if its wrong maybe it'll help you search for the right answer.. and hopefully I'll remember to check it when I get home:

custom trigger (custom, event, every frame)

function()
    local ap = UnitAttackPower("player")
    if ap >= 1
    then return true
    else return false
    end
    end

custom text

function()
    local ap = UnitAttackPower("player")
    if local ap >= 1
    then ap = ap / 1000
    else end
    end
    return = string.format(%.1K,"ap")
    end
    i guess it's the destiny of the ret off heals to care about people :c! tho i guess i need to lay down some stuff when we're progressing to let my guild understand that.

i suck with weakauras actually, not using it except for my DK to help with dots and rotation, would love the whole string

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklion View Post
    i guess it's the destiny of the ret off heals to care about people :c! tho i guess i need to lay down some stuff when we're progressing to let my guild understand that.

i suck with weakauras actually, not using it except for my DK to help with dots and rotation, would love the whole string
    I havent sorted out how to make it look or where to put it yet, so here's just the text readout of your AP

d0J3daGEuvPDbQSnHyFOQKdJ09urMTaJcuACqj)cvL6BQqNgf7uIyVu2TkTFYpPcAyO0Vb5YadvIQbRmCjDqQuDkqv htqNJkQfsf4sOQQflHLJOfPI6PqEmQ8Cewgu1uHktwetxQlIQcVIkYZafxxuBek1vPsAZu12Ps5HOQOzbfMMi9Djs) vIYNfQgTky8uHojQQ4wqrxtiDEHYkv1RPsCBuLTqdNH4zOedLy4mKh62ig(fyLe6SHsyiQb0y4ao2gI)CgIlt0q8Wb CSnKpF5AgOlSWRxtttlaIJgOrRfucag0Ar27XGwtafzVx7KMRxM29UPCUuouPasypxdOXaKNHxVMMMMEnnnTaioAGg TQDsJwlOeanN0O1IS3R5KgTMakYEVMEnnnnAv7KgTY3HSSS61000ibDM8Qr0Km34W5Hi5rBypZF4c9UCgdnAfE9AAA A610000dUj61RxVHAsM4XbKgod1XQadXLjAiEgIlt0q8kRJvbgIOPDMWqa3a32qUEzAn(8aLKY1asgIMHJWq5lWnWT nen3qgIlt0q8mKpF5AgOlSWRxttttVMMMwaehnqJwlOeamO1IS3JbTMakYEV2jnxVmT7Dt5CPCOsbKWEUgqJbipdVE nnnn9AAAAbqC0anAv7KgTwqjaAoPrRfzVxZjnAnbuK9En9AAAA61000y8A0QgFDkuVMMMwFaC1ibDM8QxtttttttRj Za9AAAAGBIEWnrVE961RxVE961RxVE961RxVE961BiUdaoxmuUMqBGHYeGYYxM2CG1gIeeNb6IlwfyOg4yBOszs6dg 2rXZEepwy5m(ihztXhj08yME0qEOBBi(iWnx5hnSHUTHUzE4izIhhqsyLeAiMed5E5g6aGj(H2WokmPyXI)yAK0W0i 4JgX8yMILHC0HEpbOnStJYgfFiBilBu8PSWeAEmJI3qbq0edNHiHcagodXlh0mgoRT2qzcqzCq8kOT5aRnumh69eG2 WgZJ4tXInKLfgNdJadlmSMhZ0iwBicdfcxkChHZzd5MvsyklR1Mb

Any suggestions as to where to put it or how to use it graphically so its not just a number plopped in the middle of my UI are welcome.
    Last edited by dennisdkramer; 2013-04-02 at 08:33 PM.

Deleted
    yo guys i was thinking bout buying the vp trinket..i didnt play for a few months so ive pretty much trash trinket.so whats ur opinion bout the trinket or should i buy something else 1st? cant link armory atm >.< Deepzqt on EU- Blackmoore if some1 wanna look it up. thankyou

Sry hadn't the time to read whole thread yet, but could it be that crit is currently superior to mastery?
    Got a bunch of items recently, so I had the oppurtunity to test a lot of item combinations via simcraft.
    It's always the same result Haste>Crit>Mastery, reforged via wowreforge.com and for my proportion it's really working out.
    Here's my Armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...aeriq/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Real1sity View Post
    Sry hadn't the time to read whole thread yet, but could it be that crit is currently superior to mastery?
    Got a bunch of items recently, so I had the oppurtunity to test a lot of item combinations via simcraft.
    It's always the same result Haste>Crit>Mastery, reforged via wowreforge.com and for my proportion it's really working out.
    Here's my Armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...aeriq/advanced
    I wouldn't use Wowreforge. As indicated at the bottom of their site, they last updated on 11/27/2012... That was barely in to 5.1.

Get ReforgeLite, if anything, to handle reforging properly.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

you can change the values of stats in wowreforge.com to whatever values you think is correct atm. wowreforge works fine if you know how to use it, same as world of logs, same as wowprogress, same as any online news.

Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    Is Divine Purpose a viable option for H Horridon ? Or is SW still the way to go ?
    I found it quite handy for Horridon Hc, but it may depend on your raidcomp and abiility to nuke the adds down.
    In my case there were always mobs around so i had near to none proc wasted. (Random proc + rdm proc trinket ist sometimes just great also :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    you can change the values of stats in wowreforge.com to whatever values you think is correct atm. wowreforge works fine if you know how to use it, same as world of logs, same as wowprogress, same as any online news.
    I used the Statweight result that Simcraft gave me for wowreforge.
    Should I use askmrrobot for comparison?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    I wouldn't use Wowreforge. As indicated at the bottom of their site, they last updated on 11/27/2012... That was barely in to 5.1.

Get ReforgeLite, if anything, to handle reforging properly.
    I used the Statweight result that Simcraft gave me for wowreforge.
    Should I use askmrrobot for comparison?
    The stats weights only matter to determine the reforging priority. You can use 1 for hit and expertise, 0.75 for haste, 0.5 crit, 0.25 mastery. They have no other importance, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRaven View Post
    The stats weights only matter to determine the reforging priority. You can use 1 for hit and expertise, 0.75 for haste, 0.5 crit, 0.25 mastery. They have no other importance, IMHO.
    I know, but has anyone else this statweight?

Deleted
    I know, but has anyone else this statweight?
    You might wanna rephrase it, I don't understand that english of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRaven View Post
    You might wanna rephrase it, I don't understand that english of yours.
    sry for that :/
    I just wanted to know if anybody else uses the statweight haste>crit>mastery?!?
    Last edited by Real1sity; 2013-04-03 at 02:42 PM.

sry for that :/
    I just wanted to know if anybody else uses the statweight haste>crit>mastery?!?
    I think the best answer is to simcraft your own character.

For me, at my gear lvl, I'm showing that haste > crit > mastery, but crit is BARELY above mastery.

crit occasionally pops above mastery, but crit is just such a shitty stat in general I don't think I'd reforge to it unless it was beating another stat significantly. Disc priests and fire mages, for example, crit is sweet and the more the better... but ret? all we get out of crit is more RNG

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    crit occasionally pops above mastery, but crit is just such a shitty stat in general I don't think I'd reforge to it unless it was beating another stat significantly. Disc priests and fire mages, for example, crit is sweet and the more the better... but ret? all we get out of crit is more RNG
    Not to mention if you sim multiple targets, mastery destroys crit. You also have to take AOE into consideration as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    Is Divine Purpose a viable option for H Horridon ? Or is SW still the way to go ?
    I've had good success with HA. Wait for dinomancer, pop wings + HA, and Burst down all the adds with DS.

Depending on how well the adds are grouped, I actually think HA might be the way to burn the adds.

Also, cool trick: if you have 2 pct15, the glyph of mass exo will apply the debuff to all the adds hit by the aoe exo, which really bumps your dmg on the adds

Do we have a trinket "upgrade map" for this tier? I'm still using my Darkmoon card and want to know where it stands now.
    I like the BiS lists, but wish I could see a list of the "worst" to "best" of this tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Todyn View Post

Also, cool trick: if you have 2 pct15, the glyph of mass exo will apply the debuff to all the adds hit by the aoe exo, which really bumps your dmg on the adds
    We've discussed that before :P

Also, using HA over SW on horridon makes sense if your group is having trouble with adds but I find it beneficial to run SW still for more dinosaur damage.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 07:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Do we have a trinket "upgrade map" for this tier? I'm still using my Darkmoon card and want to know where it stands now.
    Well they are RPPM trinkets so it would be a bit more difficult to say for sure, since it is case by case. Double upgraded DMF trinket and lei shen's still arent bad if you dont have absurd amounts of haste, at least better than the valor trinket (unless the expertise you gain allows you to reforge at least 30% of expertise into haste.)