Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    Yeah, but think about it. 15% chance to be off shared loot table, and add to that whatever else is on the table for that boss? The percentage gets smaller for each item on the table. It may be 15% flat, but if there are other things on the table you also have a chance to get that instead, making the original 15% scale with how many items there are on the table.
    No that's what I'm asking. It's 15% for any item that drops (or coined) to be from the shared loot table (of your spec etc), so no matter what boss you coin if you're lucky to get a "loot" then regardless of boss that has a 15% chance to be from the shared loot table. I can't find any information on it on official forums (blue posts) but in my mind this is how the shared loot works.

Boss drops 6 items (3 if tier boss) each of those 6/3 loot "slots" has a 15% chance to be from the shared loot table.
    Don't know what the coin loot rate is but if you get loot that item should also have 15% chance to be from the shared loot table.
    I just don't see why (and how) a boss with 4 items for ret spec to have less of a chance to reward you with something of the shared loot table (again 15% on any loot piece) the only thing you're doing is if it's loot you're guaranteeing to either get that 1 shitty ring (magaera) or one of the 3-4 items off the shared loot table.

I can't imagine it works like this.
    Coin Magaera - you get loot, now since there's only the ring for rets we get the mag rings average drop rate say 15-20%?
    Magaera ring 15%-20% drop chance.
    Shared loot table loot 80%-85% drop chance.

oh and btw, used all my coins this tier so far. gotten prim cloak (which I'm using), ji'kun chest (vendored) and that's it. neither were HC TF.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2013-05-26 at 01:11 AM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've coined the HTF cloak off of Horridon three weeks in a row now... coins really dont work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheous View Post
    I've coined the HTF cloak off of Horridon three weeks in a row now... coins really dont work for me.
    At least you're getting something.

Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    At least you're getting something.
    last 12 have been gold &_&

Coining can be great sometimes but it can also be a pain in the ass. I coined :

- Heroic TF belt
    - Heroic TF boots
    - 4 x Heroic hit ring 1 x Heroic TF hit ring

532ilvl, still got a 522 weap woo

Quote Originally Posted by Fredz View Post

- Heroic TF belt
    - Heroic TF boots

it sure must be a pain in the ass to be dumb enough to bonus roll megaera week after week

Infracted. Please refrain from insulting another user. ~Fhi
    Last edited by Fhi; 2013-05-26 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    it sure must be a pain in the ass to be dumb enough to bonus roll megaera week after week
    People are doing that because it was said in this thread that because magaera only has 1 drop for rets somehow shared boss loot has a higher chance to be coined... which I think is 100% BS.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    People are doing that because it was said in this thread that because magaera only has 1 drop for rets somehow shared boss loot has a higher chance to be coined... which I think is 100% BS.
    I also agree, it definitely doesn't work the way that was said here. If it did, we'd see a lot more heroic swords and polearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheous View Post
    I also agree, it definitely doesn't work the way that was said here. If it did, we'd see a lot more heroic swords and polearms.
    It might be BS, but most plate dps in my guild are doing the exact same thing.

It might be BS, but most plate dps in my guild are doing the exact same thing.
    I never did it, personally. Just never made sense to me with the way that shared loot drops work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I coined it and got the ring also, so I think I learned to not do that again (albeit I'm not as progressed as most of you). My assumption is that when you coin a boss, there is a X% chance you will get an item from their loot table. So even though Megeara only has 1 Ret piece on its table, there is an X% chance you will win it; whereas a boss like Consorts who has 2 pieces of gear would have an X/2% (probably not approximate) chance of getting one of those pieces. So I believe it is all just luck, basically. It is just a theory, and as usual my theories can be totally wrong.
    Exorcising Undead in the name of the Silver Hand!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...homerun/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Anaxie said it a few pages back as well. Do what you want, idc lol.

- Heroic TF belt
    - Heroic TF boots

WTB strength items that actually drop, we have only seen 1 belt drop so far from Jinrohk lol and then the other bosses are like Hurrdurr, lets not drop strength gear. I still dont have 4pc, and i have my meta gem sitting in my bags >.>

Quote Originally Posted by idpsutank View Post
    WTB strength items that actually drop, we have only seen 1 belt drop so far from Jinrohk lol and then the other bosses are like Hurrdurr, lets not drop strength gear. I still dont have 4pc, and i have my meta gem sitting in my bags >.>
    I agree, WTB belt.

EDIT: Rvvo Templar's Verdict Lei Shen *703405*

I came.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    I agree, WTB belt.

EDIT: Rvvo Templar's Verdict Lei Shen *703405*

I came.
    I assume that was with the 4P active? or is your weapon really that good?

Well my video card is completely fucked. RIP guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Vito Corleone View Post
    I assume that was with the 4P active? or is your weapon really that good?
    Yea it's with 4pce.

WTB belt + ring so I can hit 800k dake :P

Deleted
    Hello,

Is there a relation between ilvl rppm trinket usefull for retribution paladin (Ji Kun, Zandalar) and their proc rates ??
    Last edited by mmoca677383a5d; 2013-05-27 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belephebe View Post
    Hello,

Is there a relation between ilvl rppm trinket usefull for retribution paladin (Ji Kun, Zandalar) and their proc rates ??
    No. Until Blizzard confirms it, that only applies to trinkets that don't have scaleable stats on their procs, like Unerring Vision's 100% crit chance for 4 seconds proc. Otherwise trinket procs like that wouldn't scale with ilvl.

So its been a complete week since our new 15% buff to Sword of light. Imo this buff puts Ret on a pretty good state on PVE. Im now outdpsing a Frost Dk on my guild and topping meters most of the fights ( without 4 piece ). What do you guys think? Does this buff makes Ret the 2nd best option for Mdps ( rogue being the 1st ofc)?