Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    I would but I can't find them..
    Just like those logs! Also, if I recall Anaxie, you were arguing that numbers were all skill a few moons ago, while I was arguing otherwise. So put a sock in your mouth
    Last edited by Spazzodin; 2013-07-03 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    543 Primordius or 549 Spark ? Other is 543 Feather.
    They're interchangeable. I use both personally. Feather is a must.

10+ Year Old Account
    I, too, would like to see Anaxie's totally magnificent top 5 parses. It seems he knows a lot about the Ret Paladin class, I'd like to compare his parses with the other top 4 Rets. I'd search for them myself on World of Logs, but I think it's bugged because I don't see any on there, so I'm asking here instead.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2013-07-03 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzodin View Post
    Just like those logs! Also, if I recall Anaxie, you were arguing that numbers were all skill a few moons ago, while I was arguing otherwise. So put a sock in your mouth
    To an extent numbers are a show of skill. It's not pure RNG that I always rank high. Same story for Solsa/ Nelda / anyone else whos regularly high.

Got rank #1 DA at time of this post so theres your top 5 if it matters so much.

Now onto more important things. Solsacra told me the EQUIP trinkets you can only use 1 since the strength proc ID is shared. If it's a SoB haste formula for the CD reduction trinket we are better off taking passive ratings and maybe the Critical strike stacking trinket or keeping feather.

This way we can go back to DP for TV/DS synergy spam next tier. Seems pretty good to me but we will see how trinkets / procs evolve over the patch. Weapon procs still unknown.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I, too, would like to see Anaxie's totally magnificent top 5 parses. It seems he knows a lot about the Ret Paladin class, I'd like to compare his parses with the other top 4 Rets. I'd search for them myself on World of Logs, but I think it's bugged because I don't see any on there, so I'm asking here instead.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e=12814#Anaxie DA
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...7&e=711#Anaxie Jin
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...&e=5870#Anaxie Ji

Try to ignore CN/TW. Can we move on now?
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-07-03 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    They're interchangeable. I use both personally. Feather is a must.
    Can you give me an example of what type of fight spark shines over prim and vice versa ? I'm aware spark takes some time to get to 9 even with bloodlust/heroism and ~15k haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    Can you give me an example of what type of fight spark shines over prim and vice versa ? I'm aware spark takes some time to get to 9 even with bloodlust/heroism and ~15k haste.
    Primo trinket stacks pretty fast on any AoE fight from what I've found. I haven't had it all that long. Spark I like on Jin'Rok because I almost always get a proc on the first pool, however it can be argued that the haste is wasted since you'll be lusted for like 30% of the fight if your guild kills it fast enough.

Primo trinket stacks pretty fast on any AoE fight from what I've found. I haven't had it all that long. Spark I like on Jin'Rok because I almost always get a proc on the first pool, however it can be argued that the haste is wasted since you'll be lusted for like 30% of the fight if your guild kills it fast enough.
    Translation: it's not a magic trinket like Feather but you should get better results with Primo all around.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...&e=5870#Anaxie Ji
    The ji-kun fight is extremely situational. It really depends on how your guild handles the nests.
    I was allowed tonight to handle the buff and i /giggled when i saw some of these things coming to life:

Bursted close to 2m dps while everything was up. #funtimes

I am in full normal gear (with 1 hc trinket and 1 tf normal piece, aka shit gear).

How do you manage to keep your activity % so high? Do you only do 1 nest?

How often do you see it @ max stacks? Does it proc fast in single target fights? I need to get me one of those =/
    Last edited by Meanor; 2013-07-03 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanor View Post
    The ji-kun fight is extremely situational. It really depends on how your guild handles the nests.
    I was allowed tonight to handle the buff and i /giggled when i saw some of these things coming to life:

I am in full normal gear (with 1 hc trinket and 1 tf normal piece, aka shit gear).

How often do you see it @ max stacks? Does it proc fast in single target fights? I need to get me one of those =/
    I almost never see max stacks. I got it like a week ago now, and I've seen it maybe 3 times in various dungeons/raids, etc. However, you see at least one stacks fairly often, espeically during CDs, etc.

Grats on your parses tonight Anaxie. You finally put up some good numbers this tier. Anyone with a brain can go look at the public Incarnate logs and see that you struggle on almost every boss and that people like Solsacra and Bairdy have been putting up good numbers for the last 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanor View Post

No I go to all nests. Just move faster?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BringerOfJustice View Post
    Grats on your parses tonight Anaxie. You finally put up some good numbers this tier. Anyone with a brain can go look at the public Incarnate logs and see that you struggle on almost every boss and that people like Solsacra and Bairdy have been putting up good numbers for the last 3 months.
    Someone is mad. Nice throwaway account.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-07-03 at 08:14 AM.

Deleted
    I almost never see max stacks. I got it like a week ago now, and I've seen it maybe 3 times in various dungeons/raids, etc. However, you see at least one stacks fairly often, espeically during CDs, etc.
    You rarely see it at max stacks, true. but most of the time, it's at 1 or 2 stacks, and often at 3 stacks. that's why it's better than Spark. Spark is basically X STR on a 100 second CD for 20 seconds, so you basically got 1/5X on average. but primordius trinket nearly alway has 1/5X active. Spark is unreliable, the buff it gives could be up during CDs, or it could proc right before lei shen transition, to give an example.Primordius rarely has 5 stacks up, but it always has at least 1 stack up, and often more during BL and CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    You rarely see it at max stacks, true. but most of the time, it's at 1 or 2 stacks, and often at 3 stacks. that's why it's better than Spark. Spark is basically X STR on a 100 second CD for 20 seconds, so you basically got 1/5X on average. but primordius trinket nearly alway has 1/5X active. Spark is unreliable, the buff it gives could be up during CDs, or it could proc right before lei shen transition, to give an example.Primordius rarely has 5 stacks up, but it always has at least 1 stack up, and often more during BL and CDs.
    It doesn't always have stacks up. If you look at logs, the buff by itself(1 stack or more) has about a 60% uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    Spark is reliable it just suffers from being useless on the pull. If it wasn't then we would have a different story.

Spark is reliable it just suffers from being useless on the pull. If it wasn't then we would have a different story.
    This^
    That is the only reason I like spark on Jinrok. Pull trinket procs don't matter as much.

Going to extend this thread for 5.4 because I can. But what shall replace magnificent?
    Totally Awe-Inspiring? Breathtaking? Overwhelming?

/ponder

Was thinking of removing theorycraft from name so ppl don't run in here crying that half stuff midtier isn't serious. Prolly won't though they can just post comments while I sit here amused.

Think at this point though THIS is the ret lounge. no?

Hopefully the next build or 2 puts gear and stats out and the weapon procs/ trinket mechanics. My favorite part of the PTR
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-07-03 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BringerOfJustice View Post
    Bairdy isn't that good, only thing he had going for him this tier was gear.

Need to get back to trinket talk. Don't feed the haters, even though I'm so pleased to be the subject of the last few pages.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-07-03 at 09:29 AM.

Deleted
    Going to extend this thread for 5.4 because I can. But what shall replace magnificent?
    Well, you're a blood elf now. One of us.
    So definitely fabulous.