1. #981
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Lets keep this thread moving forward. Please! -Krekko
    Krekko it's not needed Neldarie is making valid points about the state of ret and the perfect scenario that is T14H raiding for the class. Hes one of like 5 people whos opinion I'd take seriously.

    I see nothing offensive in his posts except facts that we should all be wary of moving forward into 5.2.

  2. #982
    Blizz needs to just split their balancing team into two groups, one for pvp, and one for pve. Set skills to have "pve" values and "pvp" values that activate when you are in the respective instance. But I guess that would make too much sense for blizz.

  3. #983
    About T14H BiS list, doing my napkin math with scale factors from my current gear i noticed that offset piece that we should use are gloves from Elegon or legs from Emporor any thoughts on that and generally on offset piece in for T14H?
    Last edited by Liquidevil; 2013-01-09 at 04:42 AM.
    Armory links: Paladin Death Knight

  4. #984
    Quote Originally Posted by pedjaland View Post
    About T14H BiS list, doing my napkin math with scale factors from my current gear i noticed that offset piece that we should use are gloves from Elegon or legs from Emporor any thoughts on that and generally on offset piece in for T14H?
    using both T14 helmet and T14 shoulders results in too much hit generally at 490+ ilvl.. some uncommon cases where it doesn't.

  5. #985
    I'm actually kind-of worried about where Ret will be when we get into 5.2... I know that Ret isn't the only spec suffering a bit in PVE and it could be worse - like in the case of Elemental Shamans - but that's really no excuse for some other DPS specs to perform so much better. The obvious outliers that need to be brought down to everyone else's relative level are Affliction Warlocks, Arcane Mages, SMF Fury Warriors and Assassination Rogues. If those 4 specs were brought down to around the DPS specs that still do overall more than us but still much closer to Ret on average, then there wouldn't be much to complain about concerning PVE IMO. Elemental Shamans need a little PVE love too.

  6. #986
    Pandaren Monk GenaiTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton, East Sussex
    Posts
    1,774
    I always argue that Ret is in an "okay" spot but I reckon we're going to be in a shit spot in 5.2.

    A really, really shit spot.

  7. #987
    If Cataclysm is any indication we're going to get a small band-aid in late 5.2 and a real buff in 5.3. Only to lose everything again in 6.0. I'd say Blizzard hates Paladins if it weren't for Shamans. Blizzard despises Shamans.

  8. #988
    With the extra prismatic socket to the Sha touched weapon, is the heroic elegon weapon still better than the normal Shin'ka?

  9. #989
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlybarry View Post
    With the extra prismatic socket to the Sha touched weapon, is the heroic elegon weapon still better than the normal Shin'ka?
    Probably not in that case.

  10. #990
    So keeping t14 4 set for t15 possibly? Not sure how good those set bonus's are.

  11. #991
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Krekko it's not needed Neldarie is making valid points about the state of ret and the perfect scenario that is T14H raiding for the class. Hes one of like 5 people whos opinion I'd take seriously.

    I see nothing offensive in his posts except facts that we should all be wary of moving forward into 5.2.
    Is the point of this thread to discuss how to properly min/max as a raiding ret based on the hand we are dealt from the devs, or complain about things that are completely out of our control as if it's going to help? I don't see how saying how good or bad we are in comparsion to other classes adds anything to the discussion. If the thread is going to turn into a pointless debate/whine thread then don't be suprised when the mods lock it.

  12. #992
    It's hard to tell how good T15 ret set bonuses are at a glance... not sure about them yet.

  13. #993
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    It's hard to tell how good T15 ret set bonuses are at a glance... not sure about them yet.
    TV having a chance to deal full holy damage is gonna lead to some big numbers! 2set is a bit meh tho.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

  14. #994
    Set bonuses are out
    2 set Your Exorcism causes your target to take 6% increased Holy damage from your attacks for 6 sec.
    4 set Your Crusader Strike has a 40% chance to make your next Templar’s Verdict deal all Holy damage.

    source http://www.wowhead.com/news=209845/5...tbonus-paladin
    Armory links: Paladin Death Knight

  15. #995
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    118
    You should probably read the thread before posting, it was already mentioned last page.

  16. #996
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlybarry View Post
    With the extra prismatic socket to the Sha touched weapon, is the heroic elegon weapon still better than the normal Shin'ka?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Probably not in that case.
    Anyone else know for sure ?

  17. #997
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    2set is a bit meh tho.
    Especially since the 2 set wont affect exorcism unless you get an AoW proc.

  18. #998
    Moderator Malthanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Not nearly out of the way enough
    Posts
    5,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Runewrath View Post
    Especially since the 2 set wont affect exorcism unless you get an AoW proc.
    It just says 'Exorcism', and nothing about Art of War. Why would the new 2pc. bonus require an AoW proc?

  19. #999
    Because it puts a debuff on the boss after you cast exorcism, and the cooldown on exorcism is more than 6 seconds unless art of war procs.

  20. #1000
    Fluffy Kitten Zoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    8,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    It just says 'Exorcism', and nothing about Art of War. Why would the new 2pc. bonus require an AoW proc?
    I think he means Exorcism benefiting from the 6% increased Holy damage. You'd need an Exorcism to proc the set bonus, and then an AoW proc with 6 seconds for a buffed Exo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •